1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Bobby Jackson Rules

I still remember the name of Donte Greene, but Jalen Green looks like a superstar potential.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

when i say its hilarious that's pretty light to me

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jaygup looking like he’s gonna annoy me this year

4. Aware

Aware Member

He looked aight.
    A little too timid at times but you saw a little of everything with him.

I'm no mobley fan btw

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Got us Ron Artest!

6. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

JC doesn’t project as a guy to run offense, IMO. I see Marcus Smart in him. Sengun can be the hub of a successful second unit offense. I still think we’ll need another perimeter playmaker off the bench to keep JCs tunnel vision in check. I like JC by the way, just not as a primary ball handler. Let him get his on the wing in transition and on broken plays.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and hes had 15FTs lolololol
    hes better than harden at drawing fouls, and theyre of the real ones variety, not some dubious fouls as a result of jumping into defender or whatever

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Penny had personality though, that's another reason why you liked him. Cade giving stick in the mud energy.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Cade looks alright. I'm just not as impressed with him since he isn't a Rocket tbh.

10. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

I love Jc…
    Dog

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Green was as expected. Would have liked to see some more stuff run for him but it’s summer league. Sengun looked like a man playing with kids.

Mobley had the play of the night with the dunk over Sengun. He’s going to have to bring that type of intensity if he’s going to reach his potential. But he passes the eye test. He’s got a ton of skill. I don’t know how far his drive takes him but there’s no way he busts. His floor is still an impact player. Cleveland fans should be happy with him.

That said, I’m happy with Green. He can be a legitimate force on offense and combined with the charisma, perfect start to the rebuild.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cade sux. there I said it

13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

A few more observations - Green would have had many more assists if he was playing with better players. He impressed me with his playmaking and passing. He did a great job mostly taking what was there and passing when it wasn’t and more importantly reading the defense. He was easily the best player there - took tough shots but made them look easy. With better spacing and more coaching of his teammates, Green could have probably had 30 but guys were not spreading out on screens and moving with the ball handler so it took some lanes away from him to utilize that first step.

sengun impressed me as well. He definitely needs to learn to play through contact but I was impressed with his feel reading the defense. He’s got bball IQ and that means something. I think his foot speed will be a real impediment to him ever being a starter, but if he can work on that and maybe extend his range - it’s possible. Def feels very Scola-like out there.

JC I think is mostly what we thought - a project. He obviously has bad tunnel vision and poor bball IQ but you can tell he is fearless and aggressive and has some high level athleticism and footwork skills…he’s going to have to focus what is between his ears though before he ever cracks an NBA roster….but if he does, I could see him turning into a fiery 3 and d guy. It’s one game but I’m struggling to see him as anything more than a role player.

…special shout out to KMJ who looked great - his 3pt shot looks better. He is still a bit of a tweener from a size perspective but the dude can play and at 20 is still getting better.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Im not ready to give that crown to Sengun yet!!

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That’s why Cade is number 1. He makes his teammates better and defends.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  17. Rockets4Life13

One thing on this Pistons summer league team tho:
    They're basically playing their NBA lineup minus Grant.

They're much more organized so it's easier to shine. Not to say that Cade won't be playing well.

18. jch1911

jch1911 Member

So apparently did Pacers...

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sengun is head and shoulders better defender than Scola.

Especially rim protection.

And his BBIQ is Scola level at least. And still only 19.

Crazy.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

man, put Cade back in the game…I’m not here for these other dudes

I hate when SL coaches don’t give the people what they want

clos4life, hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.