1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Pelicans fans hate Gordon.. but they need shooting.. wings and a dog mentality.

I would hate to give up Tate, but this opens up a lot of playing room for the young guys IF we are keeping Wall on the roster (which seems likely after reports of how close he is with Silas).

Rockets in Tomas Satoransky (waive), 2022 Lakers FRP via Pelicans

Pelicans in Eric Gordon, Danuel House, Jae'Sean Tate.

Our rotations:
    Wall/Augustine/Armoni
    Green/Nwaba/Khyri
    KPJ/KJ/Jaygup (g-league)
    Garuba/Theis
    Wood/Sengun

2. PatBev

PatBev Member

Wall + Tate + first two Brooklyn picks(Throw in Gordon if they want him) for Ben Simmons

KPJ/Augustin
    Green/Christopher
    KJ/Garuba
    Wood/Sengun
    Simmons/Thies

Something like that but not everybody has to win a trade. Those first couple Brooklyn picks will most likely be trash so offer them up with Tate to get Wall out. We are in a great position for the future and shouldn’t be scared to get rid of the first 2-3 Brooklyn picks to get rid of the sand bags

ilias and D-rock like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Unlikely to happen but I'd do it.

Even though Simmons socialite rep is pissing me off.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is actually a dang good trade.

sirjesse, ApacheWarrior and jch1911 like this.
  5. SRR21

SRR21 Member

6. tc0330

tc0330 Member

man id love to get mo bamba on this team so bad. he'd be perfect for a backup / potential starter if woods at the 4

7. fattz

fattz Member

Before our draft yes; now we look a lot different and he had became redundant. So pass & don’t want to pay for him to STILL develop. He should be coming off of his rookie contract soon —> it seems like he has been with the Magic for a while now. I hope understand the interest but timing is off now. Watch numbers 16 in the Summer League and see if there is a need for Mo Bamba anymore.

8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

true i didnt think about it that way. good call

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

I got a trade the Rockets shouldn't pass up

Wall to Orlando for 6 future FRP'S

Orlando always sucks so you know the picks will be good.

10. kiwirocketsfan

I was in on a Wall for Simmons trade, but I’m out now because I live the chemistry the team is building and I believe Simmons detracts from that more than he adds talent.

jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Man, I cant believe I'm saying this but fvck Simmons.

Could not agree more about chemistry vibe.

Denovo, jcmoon and BelgianRocketsFan like this.
  12. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Could the Pelicans be a sneaky landing spot for Wall? I don't know how well it works really but one of the apps had a Satoransky for Wall trade straight up that worked.

I'm just super concerned about the playing time for our guys.

With Wall, Gordon and House i count.. 12 guys who should get playing time - Wall/KPJ/Green/Tate/Wood/Gordon/House/Sengun/Garuba/Theis/KJ/Nwaba - (depending how you feel about House) with Khyri, Augustine, Brooks and Christopher's as question marks.

Thats also 16 dudes. Somethings gotta give.

Pelicans get Wall, 2023 Milwaukee FRP via Houston

Cleveland get Sato, Gordon, House, 2023 Golden State 2nd round pick via Houston, 2026 Houston 2nd round pick

Rockets get Rubio.

Thats 3 for 1 esentially in terms of talent. Roster looking like:

KPJ/Rubio/Augustine/Brooks
    Green/Nwaba/Christopher
    Tate/KJ/Khyri
    Garuba/Theis/Hurt? (2 way)
    Wood/Sengun

baller4life315 likes this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

Exciting times…
    Not many chances really need, IMO

NYK
    In House
    Out Knox
    As of now House is the better player.

Rockets
    In Knox
    Out House
    We get a good look at a underachieving player that could be hidden jewel. He fits our roster & timeline for a player that has had some success but needs a change of scenery, IMO. This move is better than a SRP because a Knox unlocked is a difference maker — former lottery talent.
    (Side note — Thank you for your service Mr. House)

14. SRR21

SRR21 Member

15. R=$

R=$ Member

16. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I would like to see a simple, but sneaky good trade today (TPE of $2.1M from Austin Rivers trade expires today)
    HOU - IND - NOP
    IND: UTH 2022 SRP (via NOP) + conditional HOU 2024 SRP (protected 31 - 45)
    NOP: Danuel House (HOU) into TPE
    HOU: Oshae Brissett (IND) into TPE

Indiana picks up two (2) SRPs for a guy they had signed to a 10 day contract originally. Plus it picks up more space away from the luxury tax.

New Orleans uses a TPE to pick up a player (House) that can contribute to their athleticism, team defense, and 3-point shooting. Plus they need players for their roster that can help them get into the playoffs. Moreover, they protect themselves if Josh Hart signs elsewhere for MLE.

Houston picks up a promising F (Brissett) who can hit the 3, plays defense, and costs half of what House is making, Also, he probably won't complain about PT and can run with the Htown Houndz,

win - win - win

17. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Yes.. another Wall to Clippers trade..

Rockets get Rubio, Rondo (waive), Ibaka (waive only because he might not play next year with a back issue - which is why LA trade him in the first place - keep him around to rehab), Kennard.

Clippers get Wall

Cavs get PatBev, House, 2024 Golden State 2nd rounder via Houston, 2025 Houston 2nd rounder.

++Clippers++

Get a 1-2 guard punch at point guard with Wall and Reggie and get another "all-star" on the team with Kawhi out to start.
    This trade is also based on Serge being out all season after back surgery (which I haven't seen confirmed anywhere but seems like a very likely possibility). Clippers get off the 4 years owed to Kennard and the over saturated and under performing clog at the 1 spot by moving on from Beverley and Rondo (who Wall replaces anyway). Walls contract is bad.. yes.. but he was still a good player in the minutes he got last year and with an extra off season and longer breaks between games I can see him playing 60> games this season.

++Cavs++

The cavs got Rubio as a back up 1 guard. So what's better than that? A back up 1 (Beverly) with a wing that they desperately need. Adding a couple 2nds helps sweeten the pot. Like Rubio, both come off the books this year so next year they will have the space they want. Plus, if House performs (which I'm willing to bet on in his contract year) I'm sure a contender would be willing to add him at the deadline for an asset or two.

++Rockets++

This is more about moving Wall out of the way as opposed to moving his contract. KPJ should he the starting guard going forward, but with Wall on the team, it's hard for me to imagine $44m coming off the bench. Rubio would be perfect as almost the antithesis of KPJ. A known defender and passer, he should help in the minutes KPJ sits and bring another dimension to the team. Also his assumed relationship with Garuba would be a plus. Kennards contract could be a case of Eric Gordon 2.0 but this team needs more shooting. Especially after the draft. I also really like the idea of being able to put up and all offense (KPJ/Green/Kennard/Sengun/Wood) and an all defense (Rubio/Christopher/Tate/Garuba/Theis) team where necessary.

Deuce likes this.
  18. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’d go with KPJ instead of Tate. Probably more likely to get it done and might be able to keep one of those picks.
    https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7465404

19. PatBev

PatBev Member

Y’all our out of control with this KPJ disrespect lol

KPJ is our future point guard and it’s dumb to think otherwise. This team won’t win **** without him. Green ain’t a ball handler like he is

D-rock likes this.
  20. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He’s not our future PG if we are trading for his replacement. And it’s not disrespect. I’m saying he has much more value than Tate.

D-rock likes this.