1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

What you talking 'bout Willis?
    [​IMG]

D-rock, Drift Monkey and Jontro like this.
  2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Most of the top big man are European. I guarantee sengun has seen better bigs from his time in euro league than Mobley has seen in high school and 1 year at Stanford.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Segun is better than Drew Timme.

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

We are talking about the #3 pick vs the #16 pick at the end of the day. Mobley is expected to outplay Sengun. Now I do think Sengun is very undervalued at 16, but then I also think Mobley should've gone #1.

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Who has the better mustache though?

Drift Monkey likes this.
  6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Mobley did have trouble with Timme, but it was one game. I wouldn't be surprised if Sengun dominates him. Or if Mobley stuffs all of Senguns post shots. Anything can happen in one game. Whoever said don't overreact is right. Of course I'm saying that now the night before. In the heat of the battle I'll be damned if I don't overreact anyway especially if Sengun is doing well. :p

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its Clutchfans, 100% we will overreact... By tomorrow we will be comparing Green to MJ, Sengun to Wilt, Christopher to Vince Carter and Garuba to Ben Wallace.... All in one team...

CXbby, fattz and Jontro like this.
  8. CXbby

CXbby Member

I'm only allowing myself to overreact if they do well. Already got my excuses lined up if they don't!

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

They are going to do extremely well... Like, this team is crazy good well.... We will all be overacting by this time tomorrow...

fattz likes this.
  10. CXbby

CXbby Member

That was my initial reaction. But looking at some of these other rosters, Detroit, Killian, Cade, Bey, Stewart, that's their regular season starting lineup!

#410 CXbby, Aug 7, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    fattz, D-rock and Salvy like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

shoulda gotten suggs

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You should bet on it if you feel that confident. I think some Vegas odds had us like 5th or 6th most likely to win. So you should make decent money.

D-rock and Salvy like this.
  13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a point of comparison, here's an article from Bleacher Report ranking the top 50 prospects in SL after the 2015 league ended:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...he-top-50-players-from-2015-nba-summer-league

Its a ridiculous comparison, but the hyperbole around Sengun is anchored to him as "the next Jokic". In case you dont see where im going, 2015 was Jokic's first Summer League. If you want to look for Jokic, they rank him 35th out of the top 50 prospects, well behind guys like Trey Lyles (33), Kyle Anderson (18) and Frank Kaminsky (24).

The above pretty accurately describes every other recap of his performance that I've read. He averaged 8 points and 6 rebounds, and looked great at times but apparently had a few moments when marginal NBA talent embarased him. He apparently had his shot blocked a few times than looked really bad.

But the important thing is that he showed flashes of what he could be, and he eventually caught up with the speed of the NBA game, which no matter how grown their asses are, Euro league "grown ass men" don't play the game at the same speed in their Euro leagues as kids in the NBA do.

Drift Monkey and CXbby like this.
  14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That happens every year with every draft, I think. Everyone thinks 90% of the first round draft picks are going to be all-stars or steals. What ends up happening is maybe 5-10 people end up being all-stars or even viable starters. lol. After one summer league game people will already be saying the player is a great or a flop. :D

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah but, like.... They suck...

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

I've honestly never done it and wouldn't even know how to start... But, Ill be very happy If I'm right so we can continue having a bad ass season speculating..

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Why still no practice video that over 2 minutes?

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Just to piss you off.

20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

This is exactly right. It's not like we picked one over the other. If he had a choice between Mobley and sengun, we would have taken Mobley. The trick is how close to Mobley did we get with sengun, if the answer is pretty close then it is a great move.

D-rock and fchowd0311 like this.