1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIBA games

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Aware

Aware Member

The big thing i learned in this tournament is that basketball games dont have to drag out for 2hrs lmao. Life would be so much better if the nba would cut back on commercial breaks.

Lar, JumpMan, Rudyc281 and 5 others like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's also really nice watching players be able to stand their ground and not be called for fouls when the offensive player barrels into them.

3. WestendMassive

Good job USA, nobody wanted France to win

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean the quarters are shorter at 10:00 each. that's a huge difference. They also don't stop the game for reviews or any other of that bs nearly as much as the nba game.

5. Aware

Aware Member

That sportsmanship foul thing is goofy as **** tho

clos4life and WestendMassive like this.
  6. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I guess I just do not understand how FIBA works, I don't understand why a defensive squad was needed for these games, and why Dame was so unplayable. You've got Fournier shooting 35 foot 3s with a ton of time on the clock, I didn't see any guards on France that would cook dame with their speed or anything. If you have an NBA matchup where it is Dame vs. Evan Fournier, you don't bench Dame and let him play 5 minutes a game lol, really a confusing difference in NBA vs. FIBA.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

idk. I mean obviously Durant is the best player here. But Durant plus nobody seemed like a bad plan. Maybe it’s the players… but that doesn’t make sense. I’m not sold on Pop doing any real coaching honestly…. Or if he did you couldn’t see it so it must not have been that good.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I'm just glad we had a big lead in the 4th that made it hard to choke all of it away.
    They were really making some boneheaded plays the last 4-5 minutes of the 4th.
    We really started to tighten up there as it got close and France was laying it all out there.

But even they (France) made some crucial mistakes at the end because they had no margin for error.
    The pressure can get to anyone.

Glad KD got a gold medal.
    (Would have hated to see him switch to team france next olympics) :)

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I don't think it was a FIBA thing per se. Yes, the rule set favors defense more than the NBA but a lot of it was also because of the personnel we had. The team had a lot of isolation scorers and not too many 2 way lockdown guys. If Kawhi and PG were there with him Dame would have been fine but the current roster made him redundant on offense and a liability on defense. I mean what's the point of having another pure scorer out there when KD is already scoring at will?

BallSoHarden likes this.
  10. WestendMassive

Gotta wait until 7PM Perth time to watch Australia vs Slovenia for bronze.

Come on Boomers, finally get yourselves a medal!!!

HTXSportsAddict and DreamShook like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man say what you want about KD, but I love that he wants the smoke. KD has time, LOL. KG has turned full heel and I kinda like it.

#611 DreamShook, Aug 7, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

That makes some sense, but I also view Kyrie as a comp to Dame, and wonder how BKN would make that work in the NBA since they essentially seem like they have 3 iso scorers as well. When you try to make NBA comps to this, a lot doesn't make sense. I could not imagine a healthily Brooklyn Nets team going toe to toe with a team with a core of Gobert, Fournier, and Batum.

I haven't seen a ton of FIBA games, but there are aspects I really do like vs the NBA. The fact that you can snatch the ball off the rim is kinda cool, and it seems like they allow reasonable contact to the lane when driving, a lot more fun to watch than one guy taking 20 FTs in a single game.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Draymond Green told Kendrick Perkins to act like he’s American…lmao

What was that idiot Perkins saying?

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah hes the best, he only needs 5 allstars team to win it all!
    and scott foster

#614 hakeem94, Aug 7, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

was this really true?

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

are we gonna pretend he didnt miss half the season and had 50% record without harden?
    are we gonna pretend he didnt have a long history of lower leg injuries and surgery even?
    are we gonna pretend he didnt play insane minutes in po?
    i hope hes healthy but man i would bet no money on him staying healthy

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gobert always loses.

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did you hear the end ... in almost a whisper ... “we’re going to the press conference, but I had to talk my shlt real quick.”

haha, there’s something funny about that. Ok, thx for the explanation KD. :D

DreamShook, ElPigto and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. WestendMassive

Patty Mills is cooking!!!!!

20. WestendMassive

Jingles getting hot now lesssssgoooooo!!!