1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's go there: Are the unvaccinated the new Trumps?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 1, 2021.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

whch can totally be avoided when one is vaccinated

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I am not quite sure where your Constitutional Right to infect others with a deadly disease comes from but I am sure the right wingers on the S.Ct can find it in the Federalist papers unless they decide to legislate from the Bench as Marbury vs Madison in a power grab by one of the original Courts decided.

Rileydog and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good catch. Virus' mutate.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

People already have the option to get vaccinated ... so it's mute. What more do you want? Yes "my world" is here actually. It's not going away. You can't force everyone and you need people to voluntarily do it. Going out and pushing people is not the way. The disease is endemic and we have to rely on people's immune systems to learn the virus...whether by catching it or getting the vaccine... this will mean the impact of the virus will lessen. Also treatments are available and improving. For example the monoclonal antibodies are available if you get it in the US.

#144 dachuda86, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Rights? LOL from a commie this is funny. You have a warped view on rights bucko. Using "rights" to stomp people's rights out is laughable. What do you suggest then? Force people against their will?

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

ok so be clear here... what do you all think the solution is to dealing with COVID? Realistically. Without politicizing the issue, open and honestly say what can be done.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Some people can recover from the immediate symptoms pretty quickly. My 18 year old recovered in about 36 hours. It took me about 2 full days. My wife, on the other hand, 10 days.

If the people who are opposed to getting the vaccine know how bad the whole experiencing of getting COVID and its symptoms really are they might change their tune.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Word on the street is that henceforth unvaccinated covid deaths will be counted as suicides.

VooDooPope likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So you're saying people who choose to not get a vaccine are killing themselves? Not sure how that works buddy. I'm pretty sure if you die from Covid you die from Covid.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I agree. This is why we need to be educating people. The best way is for people to have honest conversation with their doctors. This is the number one way to get people on board.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Suicide by Covid

12. biina

biina Member

Virus mutates in the host and not through spreading. The mutation by the virus can be seen as a survival instinct to evade the suppression of the hosts immune system.

The irony of the process is that the more people are vaccinated, the higher the probability that the virus would mutate enough to render the vaccine ineffective. It is why there is a new flu shot every year.

The more effective approach to limiting the spread is to have better quality masks, maintaining social distancing and pervasive, quick turnaround and easy (preferably self administered) testing.

Instead of a global vaccine crusade, efforts should be put towards identifying those that are more likely to fall sick and focusing the vaccine on those.

Something else that seems to have gone under the radar is that given the huge financial opportunity and absence of liability for side-effects, the pharma groups have no incentive to dot their 'i's nor cross their 't's and thus we might be dealing with another issue in mid to long term.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I always get the feeling some smug b*stard is shaking their head when it's repeated that masks are necessary for reducing transmission despite vaccination. That's just how this virus is.

As for the last part. I also got that feeling the software updates aren't as rigorous as the initial release. But what can we do?

14. biina

biina Member

Prior to the pandemic, the US has a severe shortage of healthcare workers. This shortage is further worsened by those lost directly to the virus, from fear of it or just quitting from burnout.

But now, some people think the best way to take care of an aging population that is battling a pandemic is to mandate vaccines for healthcare workers which will force those unwilling to be vaccinated out of the healthcare workforce and further worsen the shortage.

Albert was right, human stupidity has no bounds.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

But vaccines reduce the number of hosts. So it would reduce the number of variants.

For example if the virus has 500 hosts in which to mutate, it will have more variants than if had only 60 hosts.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Meh...root cause of the 2nd wave of healthcare worker burnout comes from patients not taking the vaccines in the first place. The healthcare mandate is only a bandaid to the original problem of unfettered transmission of a highly contagious variant that caught everyone by surprise.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The GOP killing thier own voters, and now their kids.

I just can't believe the STUPIDITY of some people.......FREEDUMB it is.

DD

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Americans need to stop whining about their rights and focus on their duties. In a time of crisis we as citizens have a duty to work together and protect each other. Getting a vaccine isn’t much of a sacrifice we’ve been getting them all of our lives and have them to thank for our markedly improved life expectancy.

Since this country is full of petulant, ignorant snowflakes who have lost all sense of the duty required of a citizen then I suggest a different tact.

Children cannot access public schools without vaccines so there is precedent to the government recognizing that the safety of society trumps your freedom to be unvaccinated. I would make a public announcement that citizens have a certain amount of time to get vaccinated. After that deadline unvaccinated adults will have no access to the ICU for a COVID related infection.

It’s time for people to have some accountability in this country and start respecting the concept of duty once again.

19. biina

biina Member

Thats not really accurate.

Vaccines do not prevent infection, but help/train your body to deal with the virus (by building T-lymphocytes and B-lymphocytes that will remember how to fight the virus if infected).

Assuming there are no subesequent exposures/reinfection, a vaccinated person is a host for a much lesser period and is not as adversely affected. A more accurate measure then would be reduction of host-days i.e. number of host multiplied by the number of days they remain a host.

But everytime anyone is exposed and infected by the virus, you become a host and there is a risk of mutation. Of course being a host for less period reduces the time for the virus to mutate in that host, but the probability of mutation is also much higher in a vaccinated host than one that is simply asymptomatic. The trade-off for vaccinating asymptotatic population is poor imo

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. biina

biina Member

The root cause is the proliferation of the delta variant caused by the virus mutating.