1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumors: an EGo trade, it might be brewing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don’t think we have a need at wing because I see Tate, KJ, House and Nwaba all competing for minutes there. But I also dont think it matters that much. We need to continue to accumulate talent and now that the draft is over the way to do that is through trade or free agency. Since we already have 15 players on the roster we’ll likely need to trade someone if we want to add a guy like Oubre. I say let the players compete and may the best guy win. So I’m not opposed to adding Oubre if we move House and we don’t overpay. he’s a legit talent, but after washing out with 3 teams don’t hold your breath.

what we do still need is size and shooting. Theis is 6’8”. Garuba is 6’8”. Wood and Sengun are 6’10”. Adding a 7 footer who shoots 40% from 3 and is only 23 fits our needs much better. The rockets should be going after Markkanen.

i say ship out some vets and get both Oubre and Markkanen on 2-yr deals.

Milos and Mkieke like this.
  2. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

This would be a solid trade for both teams. We will eat Wiggins contract for at least 2 1st round picks IMO or 1 1st round pick and 1 talented young player that they are willing to part with? Anyways, GS could use the depth of Gordon/Augustin/House especially while Klay tries to get back into the swing of it. Wiggins is just a negative for them IMO but this package would only be a positive for GS if all 3 are healthy and play better than they did last season.

It does seem like Houston has the flexibility to make a move like this and acquire a worse contract than EGO (same amount of years though) and gaining additional assets while also include some expiring's like House + Augustin who can also help contribute or be waived/traded to other teams.

We are stuck in salary cap hell while Wall is here so might as well take on additional contracts that expire the same time as his if we are gaining assets in the process.

Milos and Dacamel like this.
  3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Kelly Oubre? Mehh.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Oubre would add to this young core, nasty attitude on both ends of floor.

Like Vanderbilt too, same energy.

Harry Giles.

Those 3 should be Rockets targets for MLE.

#164 D-rock, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    cmlmel77, Deuce and sirjesse like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas free flowing system would suit Oubre much better than the heavy X's and O's GSW system.

And he is much better defender than Markkanen.

Deuce, 34to11, alethios and 6 others like this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

2- year Full MLE ? No way the TWolves match.

7. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Y’all want to pay Oubre near $20 million a year?

8. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I am still in the Markkanen camp, but I in no way would be mad at getting Oubre, especially after learning about his above average defense. He strikes me as a player who is trying to be a superstar, but if he would accept his role as a third or fourth wheel could be the missing piece on a championship caliber club. His past with Phoenix also seem to suggest he would flourish in the Silas system. I suspect he would revert back to his numbers of a few years ago. It would probably make even more sense for him than for us to come to Houston just for payday reasons; And once he gets here how could he ever leave when he sees how much fun we have?

[​IMG]

Shark44 and D-rock like this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Hmm, sounds like a guy Morey is asking for the moon to unload. LOL.

Of course, the price difference is on galactic scale.

D-rock likes this.
  10. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

Someone who won against Harden

D-rock likes this.
  11. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Why would we want to help the warriors unload oubre the guy they were extremely disappointed in acquiring?

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just ply KJM 40 mpg at the forward spots. Develop him.

VoR and ApacheWarrior like this.
  13. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Oubre was terrible for the Warriors, they tried to trade for him and nobody wanted him. He can dunk and that it. I do not care for Golden State at all and i do not want to help them with giving them Gordon. Honestly, I do not see Golden State having a good season, Wiseman is not there yet, Klay Thompson will need more time to get back to form. I believe we can beat them this year....I really do. Leading the way with Wall, Wood and Porter and the defense with Theis, Nwaba and Garuba, We need Gordon as well...18 points a game off the bench and a two way player......playoffs

palmsnbananas likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

He was thrown in to the **** last summer and lined up deals. This is his 100% new start

16. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Make the second year a player option. He would likely opt out. If not, traceable for assets as an expiring or the possibility of a SnT when we decide to sign a free agent in 2023.

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Did I miss Josh Christopher somewhere?

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Wouldn't the rockets have to offer Oubre a 3 year deal in a sign and trade?

Corrosion likes this.
  19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yes but the 2nd and 3rd year don't have to be guaranteed. They can be team options.

Dacamel and D-rock like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

that would be a complete joke. he isn't even worth half that