1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls sign DeMar DeRozan (3 years, $85M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Aug 3, 2021.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

For an organization like the Suns who just went to the Finals with him, I’d say it’s an overpay and risky, but it’s not crazy given he’s still very talented. DeRozan is just mediocre on a team stacked with guards / wings, so given the context, I think DeRozan contract might be the worst.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Transformation into a veteran Allstar - ish team.

Dosunmu looks interesting.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lonzo (White)
    Lavine
    DeRozan
    Markkanen
    Vucevic

2 UCLA, 2 USC.

Jontro likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

No man, Cp3's contract is gonna be immovable. Given his age Cp3 gonna drop off a cliff faster than Derozan.

Derozan cost half as much as Cp3 and despite him not being a good 3 pt shooter Derozan is still good as an average starter. Cp3'a contract is way worse.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps so, but i remmember him playing with one hand vs lakers and still being valuable
    he defied expectations once so its only reasonable to give him benefit of the doubt this time

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

The expectation was he would fall short and thats what sorta happened. When AD and Lebron were healthy Cp3 and Suns didnt really have a chance.

7. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Suns lost to every team they played in the playoffs that wasn’t decimated by injuries

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What jersey assuming Paul doesn’t win a championship with the Suns. What jersey though does hb where in the hall of fame ??

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Can't decide who has the better "Big Three"

The Wizards with Beal, Montrezl and Dinwiddie or the Bulls with Lavine, Ball and DeRozan.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wtf are these teams doing?!?!

Btw, I don't actually hate the Ball signing because if he can prove his shooting is real he's going to be very solid for a very long time.

Jontro, CriscoKidd and King1 like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think he will be a HOT comodity next year
    Everyone will want that 41 Million to fall off their books in the off season

Honestly. . . If I am the Rockets I might hold on to him for that very reason
    In Two years. . .. we will have 2 seasons of this squad . . .. and have 41 million drop off

Rocket River

Jontro and vator like this.
  11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

probably New Orleans. He will say that’s where it all started etc etc.

12. Fefo

Fefo Member

I actually think this is a good signing. Derozan is still in his prime, its only 3 years, so after 2 seasons can be traded as an expiring.
    Derozan is a good floor raiser, and i think the bulls will be good next year. Lavine and him fit really well with lonzo who can play off the ball when needed.
    Last year at times, Derozan play smallball 4, and i can see that for the bull with pat williams and him exchanging there. Bulls had a really good offseason, and i think it will show in the standings next season

plutoblue11 likes this.
  13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Isn't John Wall the highest paid player in the league based on games played and salary earned? He has averaged 28.25 games played the last 4 years and signed a 4 year $171M contract. He is getting paid $1.5M per game played. CP3 is on a $120M contract and has averaged 64 games played per season, excluding the playoffs. So he makes about $460K a game, if you assume he plays 10 playoff games a year that is about $400K a game, lol John Wall is probably the worst contract in all of sports when it comes to production. He may be the highest paid athlete in the world on a per game basis (excluding an MLB pitcher that plays 1/5 games). The bulls paying a 23 year old Lonzo $85M who has improved in every aspect is nothing compared to the John Wall contract the Rockets backed themselves into.

Jontro likes this.
  14. vator

vator Contributing Member

I see you didn’t read the rest of the posts in the thread so I’ll give you a chance to catch up.

15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

No need. I see you didn't even read my post. I will simplify it for you, since it may be too difficult to understand. Name ONE player in the entire NBA who has been paid more over the past 4 years per game played than John Wall?

16. vator

What are trying to argue with me about exactly? Do yourself a favor and don’t jump into conversations days late without reading fully. Nice double down by the way. “No need to”

Seriously? Lmao

17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

You seem to struggle with basic math and reading comprehension so I will just leave it be since you couldn't even answer the question. No one has discussed production per game played as I did in my post clown. Maybe slow down and try to read out loud? I think this may be a little too difficult for you to comprehend. Keep trying, maybe next year.

18. vator

Comprehend what? What’s wrong with you? You act like you’re the first person to address John Wall’s ridiculous contract in a thread started a day and a half ago. This has been hashed out already. I’ve posted his contract in another thread today. I know what he makes. The fact that you refuse to read the other comments in the thread and then go on a tangent about me not understanding John Wall’s contract is just weird to be honest with you. Do you I guess.

19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I've read all of it. Nowhere does anyone discuss production per games played or breaks out how much per game played. Lol, maybe you should go back and read it, because you obviously seem to struggle with that, it would be good practice for you to differentiate salary earned vs. salary and production metrics, i.e games played. I feel like that is way too complex for your little brain though.

20. vator

Do you think your basic calculator math is impressive or something? Good job figuring out how much John Wall makes per game. Happy now? I acknowledged your hard work. Fact of the matter is, I’ve already stated in the thread that it is wishful thinking and I just want John Wall gone to anybody that tried to point out his contract is worse than any we may want to compare it to. I’ve never argued that. So what exactly are you attempting to argue with me about again? John Wall has a horrible contract. Yes! Agreed! Your calculator work is top notch by the way.

[​IMG]