1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaxson Hayes arrested after brawl with police

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jul 28, 2021.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

And just like that, the footage is released but only showing the part we are meant to see with the words "excessively tased". Just remember the media is not your friend and want you to see the world through their lens instead of the reality we live in which is gray and not always as cut and dry as originally portrayed.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Need to see a full video. I didn't see anything excessive there and who knows what was going on before that.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if it wasn't exessive why were the cops so worried about the video?

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That's why a full video is needed. I didn't have an audio on so I couldn't hear anything. Were the cops saying anything?

tinman likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That’s the most video people
    Have of Hayes because Shaka never made any plays for him

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

Better with audio. Watch the 2nd video.

Serious question that maybe somebody can answer for me. Why did they intentionally tase this man in the heart?

#86 vator, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    robbie380 likes this.
  7. eman

eman Contributing Member

Man, our society needs to learn from the Japanese how to live peacefully in so much population density: with manners and respect.

JumpMan, linvetb6 and robbie380 like this.
  8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That audio worked. The cop yelling sounded like a jackass and the friend recording seemed clueless.

Not sure why they hit him with the taser and couldn't tell if Hayes was resisting or if it was the cops lifting him up when they tased him. It looked like he was resisting and cops need significantly better training. 3 cops should be able to control one man of Hayes' size without a taser. The cop in charge of controlling Hayes' head completely failed his job.

There are significant portions edited out of the video too. If I'm guessing this is damage control from Hayes' side in order to get control of the story considering where the video starts and how heavily edited it is. Either way a full video is needed.

9. vator

Why intentionally tase him in the heart though? That cop aimed the taser at his heart and kept positioning it to make sure he got a clear shot and tasered him. Is it standard operating procedure to taser people in the heart? Seems dangerous if so.

Little Bit likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’d love to see my Grandfather’s face after reading this sentence.

vator likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

war is war the paid with it with 2 nuclear bombs and learned their lesson

12. vlaurelio

yeah cops making sure their biody cam videos are kosher first before they release it

and you can see the cops stopping hayes' friend from recording

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The reports I've watched when bodycam footage is released have generally been done well. I can't think of a time when it wasn't. They generally don't rush the reports out either. I wouldn't expect any bodycam footage to come out while the investigation is ongoing. It's only been a week.

I have a problem with the douchebag cop yelling and allowing the friend to get as close as he did. He should have been controlling the distance better. I also have a problem with Hayes' friend telling the cops to get their hands off him and getting as close as he did. I'm happy to change my mind once more footage comes out, but yelling at the cops to get their hands off someone once things are already in motion and walking up behind the cops isn't helping the situation.

Also, they only seemed to stop him from filming after he was walking up behind the cops and getting too close. There didn't seem to be issues up until his friend made that decision.

The taser seemed to be properly used too. I didn't see excessive force either. Just some cops that were trained like **** that don't have a clue about how to control someone. Maybe more video will show the cops instigated the situation and escalated everything.

Resisting arrest isn't helping anyone else. Get cuffed and get taken in. It's a b**** to deal with, but things don't get better by fighting. He's rich and should be able to get out of nearly anything if he cooperates.

Overall, I see lots of fault everywhere from this video.

14. eman

eman Contributing Member

Grandpa did some good. Their polite manners amaze me. Today's Japanese are the last people you'd suspect capable of arranging the Bataan death march.

15. vator

You think the taser was properly used? It is a known fact that tasing people can cause cardiac arrest. Why would you intentionally place the taser where a person’s heart is over and over and then discharge it? He could’ve died from that and then this would’ve been a completely different level story. Does somebody actually have to die first before certain actions can be condemned?

Maybe he deserved to be restrained. Maybe he deserved to be tased. Maybe he deserved to be arrested. Not disputing any of that. They had no right to potentially murder him in the process with reckless and dangerous actions.

#95 vator, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    robbie380 likes this.
  16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Tasers are not very effective in general. They have a poor incapacitation rate. They fail to connect too often and that's likely why he deployed the taser in the fashion he did. I'm actually not certain if the location of connection of the electrodes is more dangerous in certain parts of the body. I might try to research that.

Despite Widespread Use, Police Rate Tasers As Less Effective Than Believed

I guess what I am trying to say is that it doesn't look like the taser was used outside how police are taught to use them. We are in agreement that the taser should not have been needed to be used in that situation. The issue is police are not trained to grapple with people they are arresting. They get effectively ZERO training in that area. Departments do not pay for them to join gyms or get supplemental training either. They are almost always trained by the departments to use the taser or use the gun or beat the **** out of someone.

I've been doing jiujitsu for 8 years and I've trained with many officers. I'm continually amazed by the complete lack of training they have when they first come in. They get almost no gun training, no taser training, and no grappling training. They also have no physical fitness tests they are required to pass either. We see **** go awry sometimes and then wonder why it happens. It's because they have no training.

Every officer I've know that does train jiujitsu/MMA/self defense training has a completely different mindset from these guys in this video. They are more level headed and respectful because they are confident in their training and fitness. They've also generally been humbled from the work in the gym.

17. VoR

VoR Member

Jaxson said they couldn’t go inside, which he has every right to do. This is a bunch of garbage of the police escalating a situation simply because they were confronted by a man twice their size.

Little Bit likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

In a system where we are innocent until proven guilty, how is it that we have police following up with people's employers? Did they tell his mommy and daddy too or nah?

vlaurelio and robbie380 like this.
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I agree. They need to release the tape too.