1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wizards sign Spencer Dinwiddie (3 years, $62M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Aug 3, 2021.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

roslolian likes this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

Weird Wizardry over there in Washington.

3. opticon

opticon Member

A healthy Dinwiddie plus what they got back from the lakers is much better than just keeping Westbrook.

roslolian, lionaire, napalm06 and 7 others like this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Definitely, just don't see what they're trying to do here. You'd think they'd trade Beal and try to get some youth for a chance to rebuild (on the fly). This seems to be more of a win-now move though.

5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Beal wants (has) to stay so he can sign that supermax. Now after he gets that bag, i'm sure he will be ready to roll then if things are not looking better.

roslolian and clos4life like this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

Wizards can tell him they are going in another direction and want to work with him to get him to a contender, plenty of offers will come their way.

napalm06 likes this.
  7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

It would be nice if this happens and the Nets get nothing for him.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It is a win now move. Beal, Dinwiddie and Montrezl is basically a big 3 in the East. Can it compete with the Bucks or the Nets or even the Heat? Absolutely not. But they'll be happy to make the playoffs and maybe the 2nd round this year.

#8 Williamson, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    roslolian and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I know you qualified it a little, but it’s still funny reading that line.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oh it is funny. And if I were a Wizards fan I would be pissed. But that franchise seems more than happy to continue being mildly competitive so long as tickets keep selling. They don't even seem to be trying to win actual championships.

JW86 likes this.
  11. JW86

JW86 Member

Exactly, which is silly, then again: has the organization ever looked competent and were they ever taken seriously aside from the 75-80 teams? If there’s one organization I’d never willingly want to go it’s the Wizards.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. HardenVolumeOne

if im beal i stay for now, unless dinwiddie shows signs of not fully being recovered from that acl surgery

roslolian likes this.
  14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So,

the Rockets could have kept Westbrook last season (he could fake an injury and want to sit out while the Rockets looking for a trade), and then trade away Harden and get back Dinwiddie and Josh Allen, which we will still suck and tanked for Jalen Green.

And now we could have all these Lakers young players, either offer decent contracts for Dinwiddie and Allen or at least getting something back via sign and trade, plus the rookies.

Instead, we now got a forking BRICK WALL here.

Nicely done.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that Westbrook-Wall trade is looking worse and worse now. But look at it this way. If we kept Westbrook, we wouldn't be the worst team and wouldn't get the #2 pick.

It was a panic trade. But it turned out well for us with a hefty dose of luck.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

First of all, Green has not played a minute in the NBA yet.

Secondly, there is no guarantee that we will have a better record if we will keep Westbrook, he may hold out like Tucker in the last few weeks when he was in here, as the Rockets may want him to do the same, while we will be working for a trade.

Or, this Westbrook trade could also be happened last season also, the Lakers were never in any good position before getting into the playoff, if Westbrook was available, they may have done the trade.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I rather be speculating about Green being the next Kobe, rather than giving our lottery pick to OKC. Who knows what Westbrook would of done. PJ had the luxury because his contract was easily tradeable, Westbrook, not so much. His value was at an all time low after the playoffs. Maybe he would of built it back up keeping us afloat, but who knows.

Easy likes this.
  18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

It is all about making the right decisions AT THAT TIME.

At the time when Rockets will trade away Westbrook and Harden, are you 100% sure you will be landing Jalen Green?

After 4 years from now to look back, of course we could all be changing our minds also on Jalen Green.

My point is, clearly at the time when our GM had done those trades involving Westbrook and Harden, we are getting schooled.

Even Jalen Green could be in the HOF 20 years from now, it still wont change this fact.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course anything can happen with Green. But would you rather rebuild with Green or with Kuzma, KPC, and Harrell?

Westbrook is not Harden. I don't like him, but he does not dog it. If he's healthy (which he was with the Wizard last season) he'd be out there playing hard. So unlike Wall, Russ wouldn't be a very good tank commander.

Trade him last season? Westbrook was brought in last season to please Harden.

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I'm actually pretty impressed with the Wizards offseason. They're about twice as deep as they were last year. Although, I am baffled why they didn't just draft and keep Isaiah Jackson. They should be better than they were last year, but still just a fringe playoff team at best.

Dinwiddie/Neto
    Beal/Caldwell-Pope
    Kuzma/Kispert
    Hachimura/Bertans
    GIfford/Harrell