1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] 2021 free agency news thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Bobby Jackson Rules

2. JohnWoo713

JohnWoo713 Member

Clippers if they miss out on Derozan

raining threes and jch1911 like this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I get that. But the top 15 are essential locks barring trades.

D-rock likes this.
  4. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

D-rock, sirjesse and jch1911 like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He hasn't progressed. The only time he played well was in Miami as a point guard.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I feel like the Bulls with Ball and the Warriors with Porter made the best deals so far, perfect fits, good/great contracts...Ojeleye to Milwaukee is interesting too i think, great defender, still young, shown some upside as a shooter last season.

Knicks probably the worst, still not sure why they jumped on all those contracts for bench guys, Noel might not be bad tbh, but all the others look overpaid and just unaccessary, the good news is for us here i think, if Fournier just got 80m in 4 years, Gordon has to have a decent market out there.

D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Meh

Vivi, D-rock and sirjesse like this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's the Knicks, what can you expect. They are who we thought they were. You think they would of jumped after Reggie Jackson after the incredibly playoff run he had. I would of rather give some of the money they gave to Evan to Reggie instead.

Vivi likes this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

THT or Winslow and I’m good.

jch1911, D-rock and Mkieke like this.
  10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I wouldn't be opposed on getting Danny Green if he comes cheap. Good shooter, decent defender. Won multiple rings so knows what it takes to get there. Could be a good vet presence.

11. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

If we can’t get a good upside guy like josh hart I think this would actually be a great idea. Doubt he would want to but be a great mentor to our young guys

D-rock, raining threes and Dobbizzle like this.
  12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah that's the sticking point I guess, whether he'd (or other similar vets) even want to come here. That's the type of guys I'd be looking for though. Good shooters with D who can slot in alongside our rookies without massively affecting their minutes but who can fill that mentor/vet position and help them develop.

D-rock and raining threes like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Josh looks like Jalen Suggs, yes.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This would be really fun

PG: Ball / White
    SG: LaVine / Caruso / Dosunmu
    SF: DeRozan / Brown
    PF: Williams / Young
    C : Vucevic

They just need to find a 3&D 5 and they got a squad

Vivi, D-rock, sirjesse and 1 other person like this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

We need another cheap defensive player so we aren’t utterly terrible but just terrible at defense.

There’s going to be a lot of mouths to feed on the offensive end, which is hopefully alleviated.

raining threes likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

These would likely be best "fits" but what contract would it take to get THT? I believe he is Restricted? Winslow's numbers look terrible last season so I assume he could be had for the minimum? I assume a lot of teams will offer him that though so who knows. If we could trade 1 or 2 of Gordon, House, or Augustin for an expiring that has the ability to be a solid 2 way player while not taking too many minutes away from the youngsters that would be ideal. Maybe offer something to Harry Giles or another young free agent like Jarred Vanderbilt?

Oubre would be intriguing but he has been passed around like crazy. As someone mentioned, his low bball IQ would not do well on this team. Need a high IQ 3/4 if possible that doesn't always look for his shot. Paul Millsap could be interesting if he is looking to get paid more than most contenders are offering and get traded before the deadline to a contender looking for frontcourt help.

I assume there will be some trades in the next coming weeks. Maybe Augustin + House can fetch a decent expiring return. Might be best to keep Augustin around to help set a good example though. I could see several veterans get cut during training camp and during the season like Al-Farouq Aminu but most of these guys would end up being minimum guys most likely anyways.

D-rock likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

We got so many bodies at this point I am good standing pat unless an extreme value or injury occurs. It’s going to be hard to dish out minutes as it is.

David Weiner

@BimaThug

·
    16h

They're probably not finished yet, but this roster isn't too shabby for a rebuilding year:

Wall / KPJ / Augustin
    Green / Gordon / Thomas / Christopher
    House / Nwaba
    Tate / Martin / Garuba
    Wood / Theis / Sengun

D-rock likes this.
  20. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

#220 sirjesse, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    DeBeards, Dobbizzle, Nook and 2 others like this.