1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets re-sign David Nwaba (3 years, $15M)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 2, 2021.

1. bj3175

bj3175 Member

good move

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nwaba dabba doooooo!!!

DeBeards, Roomba, roslolian and 2 others like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You ain't gotta tell me they go hard. Didn't Tate make Harden cry or something?

roslolian likes this.
  5. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

Nwaba's decent, but i'd prefer Sterling Brown, especially on the 2yr $6.2mil. deal, especially not going to the Mavs:(

hakeem94, roslolian and coachbadlee like this.
  6. mightybosstone

I really like this signing, but the sheer amount of guards and wings on this roster is starting to get a little ridiculous. Between Wall, Gordon, Green, Tate, Porter, KJ, Thomas, Nwaba, Christopher, Augustin, Brooks and House, that's 12 guys right there for three positions on the floor. Even if we assume that Tate and KJ will split their time at PF and that Christopher, Thomas and Brooks will see time in the G League, there's clearly too many bodies and not enough minutes to go around.

I really hope that Stone has a trade or two in his bag of tricks to consolidate this roster and get some of these young guys more playing time. I'd kill for a Wall buyout, but if nothing else, can we move on from Gordon and House? Adding a ton of young talent through the draft is great, but those young guys need minutes.

7. kiwirocketsfan

Brown does what Green and Christopher are here to do.

Nwaba is something different that we need.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

How dare you bring that trash gif back into our GARM…. send that **** back to Lakerland!!! :D

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

As long as he's fit. I'm a bit skeptical about that.

DeBeards likes this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

House for a second round pick is reasonable enough.

11. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

Brown shot 42.3% from 3pt while play good D, off the bench. I don't see Christopher doing that in his first few years (if he can ever do it in his career), maybe could be a better scorer, but definitely different from Brown.

J.Green is here to be your franchise player, to be build around with other stars and role players like Brown and others, not here to do what Brown gives you.

according to your logic who we don't need is Christopher 'cause he does what Green is here to do

roslolian likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dame just shet his pants.

13. kiwirocketsfan

Brown is a secondary ball-handler and scorer IMO, is that not what Green and Christopher are? Christopher is here to be our 3rd guard behind Green and KPJ one day, so him being just like Green is kind of the point.

D-rock likes this.
  14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Nwaba is a pro's pro. Good guy to have around, not a bad player, either.

15. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

Brown is never known for being the "secondary scorer", on Rockets or his former teams. He's good shooter, and statistically even Nwaba is a better "scorer" than Brown (Brown: 12.2pc/36min.; Nwaba 14.6pt/36min.). you might confuse a good shooter as scorer.
    Christopher is a late first rounder, not even play a minute in the Summer-league or G-league yet, or based on his collegial record i guess he doesn't has Brown's shooting yet.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. HROZ

HROZ Member

Theis. Sengun.
    Wood. MartinJr Garuba
    Tate. House
    Green. Gordon. Nwaba Thomas
    PorterJr. Wall Christopher Augustin

Is that our 15 then?
    Nwaba is a good contract.
    But with Gordon Green ahead of him.
    And us looking to rebuild. I'm just surprised by the signing.

I'd have thought we would've stayed flexible. SG & C are the deepest positions in the NBA. With plenty of teams looking to offload their SGs and Cs. If Gordon House or *fingers crossed* Wall trades happen. Would've been better to be flexible & not use our salary cap / roster spots.

Just an imo.

17. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

So corny..but I’m sure gonna miss Bill saying it. Hope we can show him some good games as he enjoys his retirement!

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

I like this signing in general.

I watched a lot of Nwaba last season and the dude plays hard. Imagine Beverly but no talking all doing kind of hard.

The contract is also decent BUT then come to find out Sterling Brown just signed for 6M 2 yrs. Sorry why just offer Brown a 5 year 20M deal or something? Nwaba is better than Brown imo but not by much, and Brown is actually the superior shooter.

I also cant imagine teams paying Nwaba 5M a year, dudes a vet min .

jcmoon, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  19. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Dude… You literally just picked his greatest strength as something to be skeptical about, lol. He was HANDS DOWN the most fit player to wear a Rockets jersey last year.

There was a game last season where my buddies and I literally paused the game during his freethrows to discuss how it’s even possible to be built like he is without HGH/steroids (which I’m sure he doesn’t use). The guy is a next-level athlete, and it’s literally the last thing you should be worried about.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#79 T FOR 3!!!, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  20. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Nwaba dabba doooo!:D

D-rock likes this.