1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will KPjr put up 20 & 10 this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 31, 2021.

?

Will KPjr put up 20 & 10 this year?

1. Yes

2. NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

It's not like he's Bonzi :rolleyes:

D-rock likes this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

3. MykTek

MykTek Member

too many ball dominant players on our team, 15 and 5 seems more realistic.

aristophanes34 likes this.
  4. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Exactly, there is no way. I'd love to be wrong. Even if Wall wasn't here, I don't think he'll average 10 assists

D-rock likes this.
  5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Exactly. 10 assists is a really high mark, especially since he will be forced into a second fiddle PG until Wall is gone or injured. 20 points is unlikely as well, but more attainable. There was only 1 player that average 10+ last year, Westbrick.

wlekfjv923n and D-rock like this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Close. I was thinking 18 & 10.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Scooter averaged 6 assists per game in his very first season as a distributing PG last season. How could anyone NOT be able to quantify an increase when his surrounding cast has gotten better and he's been working on his new role all summer? Only sensible reason he wont reach 10apg would be because the team has invested its time in showcasing the veteran players in hopes of a mid season trade.

Not sure how many of you understand how hard it is to register 6apg on last years Houston Rocket team. His stats should have been better if he had competent players around him who could make easy buckets near the rim.

8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

2 players averaged more than 10 assists a game last season, Harden and Westbrook. Season before last season it was only one player, Lebron James. The year before it was one player, Westbrook. The year before that? One player, Westbrook. Before that? 3 players, Harden, Westbrook (and this last will make all of the "he's not a good playmaker people" look stupid) and John Wall. I don't think it's as easy to average 10 assists per game as you think it is. KPJ is not close to the level of the people averaging 10 apg just yet.

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  9. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Thank you for putting this list together!
    Fans need to understand how incredibly rare and special it is to average 20 & 10 over a season.

D-rock and Williamson like this.
  10. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

KP played one game last year with Gordon and just nine with Wall. The '17 & 6' from last year is pretty misleading. In the 9 games he played with Wall, KP averaged 13.8 points and just 3.2 assists. There is no way KP is coming any where close to 20 & 10 if he is sharing time and the ball with some combination of Wall, Gordon, Green, and others.

I like KP, and I think he can be a stud who may very well have a higher ceiling than Green, but it is extremely unlikely he gets the kind of numbers most on this chain are predicting.

D-rock likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm gonna say 16 and 7 with 3 T/O per game

12. bmelo

bmelo Member

Kp is about 4th or 5th best player on the roster. I know he thinks he is 90 overal but we know already that hes a headcase. He has potential but its yet to materialize

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'm guessing if he gets starter minutes he'll put up 17 points 4 rebounds 6.5 assists and right at 2 steals.

D-rock likes this.
  14. verysimplejason

Wall is a blackhole...

D-rock likes this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

KPJ is my favorite player on this team. I think he has superstar potential, but even if Wall is out for the season he won’t average 10 assists. Averaging 10 assists in a phenomenal achievement, but for someone on a team full of rookies and very younb
    I will repeat. Only one person in the NBA last year averaged 10 apg. That includes Harden, CP3, James all had superstars to feed. If KPJ averages 10 apg he should get MVP votes. It would be an incredible achievement. I am a big fan, but man you got to be a little realistic.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

And if he does all you have to say is "glad I was wrong" --- What a gig!

How many 1st year wings that have transitioned to PG have averaged 6apg in the NBA? I dont think adding 4 assists per game on a better team is that much of a feat, but then again I suppose you would have to think that 6 assists per game with the context given is noteworthy and to that I'd guess you do not.

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

For some reason, NBA.com does not have Harden’s assist numbers listed. My bad, if did it as well. The point is still the same, KPJ would have to have a historic year to average 10 assists. It would be amazing if he average 20 pts and 8 assists.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Just a public service announcement for all the blue bloods in here --- LAST YEAR WAS THE 1ST YEAR IN HIS LIFE THAT KEVIN PORTER JUNIOR WAS ASKED TO PLAY POINT GUARD! So many guys just thumb their nose at that data and THAT is what is crazy to me, not Scooter having better teammates who will finish layups and wide open shots.

I think its more realistic than some of you guys are giving it credit. Players DO get better and Im a fan, I see a special talent so I'll ride with him. 6 assists per game on the worst team in the league? That will only marginally improve with better teammates? Okie dokie!

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I was right there with you until the 2 steals part.

20. vince

vince Member

I think KPJ will put up 15 pts. and 4.5 assists.

I'd be very happy if he puts up 6 assists. But 6 assist over the course of a season is difficult to do, and generally seen from the borderline all-star to elite level PG's. I can see KPJ managing to at some point average 6+ assists in a few seasons, but I'd be happy if he got over 4 assists a game for THIS season.

If he put up 6+ assists this season I think we'd all be jumping for joy; but those are hefty expectation for a young guy, that even you noted was only learning the PG position last season.

Exciting times for the Rockets franchise, especially if several of the young stars the Rockets have, actually pan out.