1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congratulations to Gov Abbott

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jul 31, 2021.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If only there were some free way to basically prevent you from requiring hospitalization and nursing care that were widely available and microchip free.

Maybe we'll get there, one day.

Nook, B-Bob, VooDooPope and 3 others like this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm 46 years old, a college graduate and though I don't work corporate jobs anymore ( not by choice initially) I enjoyed my finance jobs.

All that being said, I wish my 82 year old retired registered nurse mother would have at least asked me to think about nursing when I was a student.

They make so much I really don't really like hearing about all the hours. I just think, 6 figures sure sounds nice

tinman likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are other and easier ways to make 6 figures. From what I've heard and seen from people I know who are nurses you shouldn't get into it for the money. Nurses deserve what they are paid and deserve more but to be nurse I think you need to have a calling for really wanting to help people.

Rashmon, jo mama, Deckard and 7 others like this.
  4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What are easy jobs that you don't have to have to be that smart or go to that much schooling that makes 6 figures?

JumpMan likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Easy" relative to nursing.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The states run by morons like DeSantis and Abbott will be the ones seeing the most devastation due to COVID19. You can add Kemp to the list as well. GOP = death enablers

ROXTXIA likes this.
  7. DonatelloLimestone

All you have to do is consolidate into a superpac that hs funding towards pro mask causes, donate to him and the AG. They'll take care fo you...its amazing how both conservatives and dems cross the isle with the right donation
    https://www.texastribune.org/2020/11/11/texas-ag-ken-paxton-criminal-allegations/

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I also have a little perspective of being in the hospital over ten times the last 8 years do to diabetic complications. These visits could have been avoided had I been more diligent in taking care of myself just FYI.

Anyway I don't think it's as much of a vocation that needs a calling. You do have to have good bedside manner and you have to willing to do things like clean patients. Not everyone can meet that criteria but you don't have to be super dedicated. There are tons nurses. I will say I don't think ever met one whom I would complain about and some are better than others.

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

I wouldn't give that clown two wooden pennies he has shown that he is the 2nd worst governor in America.

VooDooPope likes this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

How are the mask regulations in Austin? @tinman

tinman likes this.
  11. DonatelloLimestone

lol, its amaizng now that finally brought people together...Gov Newson will goto a 10k dinner during the pandemic when the lobbyist pulsl him in, Cuomo is overtly a mob boss like trump, self serving, threatening, and thinking hes above the law while touting law and order...classic, his base eats it all up. And abbot, stands for nothing(no pun intended) falls for anything green. You'd be surprised to see how little their about free market principle if the autodealers give em a little dough and say no to sellng tesla direct here.

Politics is a clownshow, the media participates, and they've created a WWE heel/hero situation that doesn't help any american, just the news and poltiicians. GErry mandering, ear marking, lobbyingg...all just legalized form of bribery that allows tehse politicians to be more out of touch to most americans, private jet politicians who we see for photo ops when things are real good or real bad...thats it.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  13. edwardc

edwardc Member

I can totally agree.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  14. DonatelloLimestone

agreed, but in our climate, its all about what about.

Theyll watch blantant corruption by abbot, trump, kushner and say but but what about biden, we're the law and order...as long as those laws arent annoying to our rich over lords

Then biden blindies will say hes better than trump ,what abotu turmp...
    both sides excusing for some reason these dudes helping themselves to use power to give their own benefits and excusing it for their 'teams'

media has made americans stupid and blind and directed the conversation to pointing out the other side in response to corruption on either side. Fox and CNN will win with guaranteed bases to pander too, actual legislation and policies are slowed..americans lose, and a lowest approved congress nad senate, whenver either side controls it, continues to persist...

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Same explaination for no gun control after school shootings
    and
    why to not explain true history

Rocket River

edwardc and B-Bob like this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Politics

Rocket River

superfob and B-Bob like this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

F***ing POS CS Abbott has it covered, though. Blame the rise in Covid on the Latinos crossing the border by the "hundreds of thousands".

As Trump told Billy Bush once, "Just say it." (Something you know is false, to the public.) "They'll believe you."

And I run into people who repeat the Covid-border thing as if Moses delivered the news down from Sinai. These tend to be unvaccinated Republicans, of course. It's not the MAGA person's fault that Covid is booming again and I am being forced (a) back home to work or (b) to wear a mask again AT work despite proof of vaccination. Nope. It's the swarm of Mex'cans World War Z'ing their way over the border wall.

Nook and cheke64 like this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Old Ironsides, screwing Texans again, but getting paid on the backend.

DD

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

the only nurses making 6 figures are in California, NY, the ones doing travel nursing, or the ones working an insane amount of 12 hour night shift and OT

nursing is a thankless job for real…they deserve all the respect

B-Bob likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

put your faith and your money in Elon, Jeff, and friends.
    Let your money work for you and let them boys take your Etrade account to the Summit.