1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Turn Down Philly Offers for Tobias Harris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by napalm06, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Harden was already gone. Stone was just thrown into a broken situation. Don’t understand how FO looked incompetent because they did everything right. Giving into the chicken littles and trading for Ben Simmons would’ve been incompetent.

Now that Stone is raising a team under his direction, I think things will be very different. Also think Stone is working the Fertitta relationship perfectly.

Joe Rocket, xtruroyaltyx and napalm06 like this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I believe he understands basketball more and he can learn quicker from his mistakes. He also can hold players accountable. I hope he will rely less on analytics and more on talent, execution, mental and physical strength, speed , agility , stamina and team work.

napalm06 likes this.
  3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Would you have that piece available? I missed it.

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Sorry I guess "the theory" that has been thrown around this thread in general was what I was questioning.

It just doesn't make sense if that's all Morey really wanted to accomplish in his offers.

5. HardenVolumeOne

the only thing jalen has going for him is his Asian ancestry( which I’m sure Adam silver is very much well aware of) As a prospect he is quite overrated in comparison to guard prospects of the past. He doesn’t have a body that looks like it can add weight and with an average wingspan( he will probably never be a good defender). The best we can hope for potential wise is for jalen green to be zack lavine in his current form

#65 HardenVolumeOne, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Rafael Stone trading Robert Covington for Christian Wood to regain the Value after a terrible Clint Capela trade.

That was when I trusted Rafael Stone, mostly everyone on clutchfans were saying Tillman is saving money to promote Rafael, look at everyone now Praising Rafael, making everyone look bad.

I trust Stephen Silas also, to have a huge impact on the team.

Kevin Porter Jr. is going to play with great this upcoming season with the Rookies and play great.

AXG likes this.
  7. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

These proposed trades getting thrown out from the Sixers are ludicrous on all fronts. If they are true, their front office must be alienating themselves from every other team in the league. Relationships matter.

8. Jalen Green OnlyFan

FLASH21 likes this.
  9. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Jalen is going to prove you wrong. You will love him soon.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  10. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

I wonder what the deal was, a S&T with Olynyk would make some sense, as Kelly would be a good fit on that team to spread the floor for Embiid and Simmons, throw in House as well. The only thing is the Rockets would definitely have to have another trade ready to go to move Gordon and/or Wall. No way the Rockets are taking on that much salary for a rebuild.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lol this thread was worth it just for this

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Please no veterans that will screw up our pick, PLEASE

napalm06 likes this.
  13. napalm06

Which one? :cool:

14. napalm06

Sam Presti did

15. napalm06

Sounds familiar!

hakeem94, sirjesse and saleem like this.
  16. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Harris is a very above average shooter and highly reliable game availability. If somehow Wall or Gordon could be involved in the trade we should certainly do it.

17. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Yeah, I would be somewhat entertained with the idea of a Porter, Green, Martin, Harris, Wood starting 5.

18. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Appreciate your confidence in the team, but that is a lot of faith in a guy who has yet to play an NBA game.

amaru and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dude, grab your nuts and squeeze tight.

You are going to ejaculate all over this thread.

Calm down.

amaru likes this.
  20. DonatelloLimestone

Well stone is being a company man, just like every other gm. They have to work with their mandate and make sure they don't insult their ownertoo.
    I agree, none of this is stones fault. hes working with the confines of his ownership demands. So it doesn't surprise me that we went and traded levert and ALlen for Oladipo, and then we got Kelly and bradley...and coincidentalyl that all turned out to be just expiring players. LEvert and Allen is never an end goal, but just like we did for oladipo, we could've shopped them for a month or two or for year with leverts contract and just had more flexiblity. We chose cash savings, hardens gone so it doesn't matter as mcuh our window is gone, but thats the trend here.

Stone on the other hand has found some gems late and has steered us into a 'direction' I'm giving Stone high grades, Silas will have a better chance to show himself this year. and hopefully we just have more stability. Tilman can improve his reputaiton too but ithat will be later on when we has to spend again, in the mean time he should just shut up and listen and take his own advice, we have a foundation, we don't have to mess it up with the whole westbrook 'find the 5 percent and never sit still' bs.