1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Turn Down Philly Offers for Tobias Harris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by napalm06, Aug 1, 2021.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Stone is in charge. Let Morey go elsewhere.

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sure Morey was offering to take all our (Rockets) 1st rounds picks of our hands.

Morey is a nice guy like that. Always thinking of others and their burden's.

raining threes, roslolian and saleem like this.
  3. edwardc

edwardc Member

Meme of the day.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That makes a little sense but it would slow down the plan as far as when we can be players in free agency.

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Not understanding this either. Harris might be overpaid but fits in well as a vet shooter next to Embiid. Philly needs a playmaker star like Dame. Really they needed Harden. Morey should have emptied the cupboard.

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

There’s no way Wall is more movable than Harris, Harris is at his peak value and Wall near lowest.

Harris is the kind of player presti transforms into a pick at some point. Won’t happen with Wall, doubt we would be stuck with Harris.

#46 Mathloom, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  7. Denovo

Denovo Member

You’re right we will have to free up cap space for 2023.

We will have to make a decision on KPJ and Wood too.

I don’t expect big name free agents to sign here in 2023 tbh. We’ll still be too young.

D-rock, raining threes and Williamson like this.
  8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

TH seems to have been a good fit; locker room issues??? TJMc seems like a good fit in 6erVille.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Apparently Ja Morant loves him some Jalen Green and Jaygup :D.

But something that is really interesting to me is the new genre of basketball players. The “new generation” so to speak….

If the Rockets build their new culture around these young guys- they are going to be a very attractive destination for free agents in a couple more years, especially once the Lebrons and Durants of the world are on their way out the door.

If you build it… they will come.

luckyman76, hakeem94, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

I know Rockets fans don’t want to admit it because the truth is uncomfortable but here it is:

Morey didn’t quit The Rockets, Houston or the fan base. Daryl Morey quit Tilman Fertitta due to his epic mismanagement of the team and his constant micromanaging at every turn. Despite this Morey still saved Tilman from himself with this years pick protection….letting us draft Green. Morey leaped off this sinking ship because the commander steered it into an iceberg despite repeated warnings.

People don’t quit organizations, they quit managers. Tilman has caused MANY within the organization to quit on him because he sucks.

red5rocket, D-rock, napalm06 and 3 others like this.
  11. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Or maybe harden and/or morey just aren't good enough. Especially Harden when it mattered most.

We have a real gamer now. JG is the typa dude who comes up big when it matters most. Enjoy following his journey from here on out. He'll never demand a trade or leave as long as we build around him. Stone and the Fertittas are doing a great job so far at earning JG's trust and loyalty.

12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Great post—- some posters here can’t differentiate between loving and supporting our rockets vs. criticizing the owner and his mishaps thus far.

BamBam, amaru and D-rock like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.phillyvoice.com/nba-tra...dy-hield-ben-simmons-cj-mcollum-kemba-walker/

A source familiar with the situation told PhillyVoice the reporting was not accurate and suggested the intel likely dates back to last season. That was when, according to the source, Harris' name was brought up as part of a larger deal with the Houston Rocket, briefly discussed during the Sixers' attempt to trade for James Harden. But a Harden deal never got there, and many iterations like this one were never particularly close.

D-rock likes this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Morley in damage control now?

15. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Reading that piece on Stone's background was amazing. I trust him so much more than Morey.

Stone is just as smart and educated as Morey while being so much less corny and weird. I think he understands basketball more and is much better at interpersonal skills.

Players, coaches, Tilman etc are all going to trust him a lot more over long run.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'd like to think that, but he didn't seem to be able to get a hold of Harden when everything was happening last season. I guess for now he will have the benefit of the doubt since we are rebuilding, but honestly FO looked incompetent last year during the whole circus. It truly was a freaking circus and it was embarrassing as a Rockets fan. I'm glad we have that behind us now.

D-rock likes this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

Did anybody ever say yes to Morey? He gonna tell philly fans later on that they tried very hard and got really close but nothing materialized

18. raining threes

This is what I'm hoping for.

I'm also hoping KPJ will return the solid Stone did for him and help recruit even more young guys to Houston.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

If that were the case....

1. Why would the Sixers take on Wall (yet ANOTHER non-shooting PG) to add to what they are currently getting rid of

2. Why would we add more payroll to what looks to be a clear starting point (money wise) when it comes to free agents and attaining cap flexibility

These two are most important question to answer before heading navigating down your theory of this being Wall+assets for Harris.

20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I have no theory. Someone mentioned they wouldn't swap Wall for Harris, a notion I completely disagree with. I seriously doubt the parameters of the proposed trade were Wall-for-Harris. I'm guessing it was more akin to Morey asking for something absurd like Harris for Gordon, Tate, KPJ, and draft capital.

D-rock and FLASH21 like this.