1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2021 NBA Draft; 16th overall] Rockets select Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 29, 2021.

?

Do you like the selection of Alperen Sengun?

1. YES

95.1%
  2. NO

4.9%
  1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Very unprofessional :D

D-rock likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That's when you were 19... Sengun was born in 2002 gramps

He's been VR streaming Mia Kalifa gangbangs in 8k HDR 120fps with fiber optic internet speeds since he was 9

You have so much catching up to do, better talk to @Jontro to get a better grasp of what the kids are up to these days

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Green didn't come with a smoking hot translator ....

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

mane his game is sooo much behind al's in both basketball and publicity department
    [​IMG]

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You misunderstand. An old catalog would still do it for a 19yo.

Mia Khalifa was never in a gang bang and stopped doing p*rn in 2015… @Jontro please inform this old man who’s hot in p*rn right now.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I hope he never learns English.

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

If you watch his initial interview when drafted by the Thunder his body language and level of enthusiasm is quite different lol. He seemed disinterested and negative at the Rockets press conference. This is probably because he thought he was going to be a featured guy on a thin thunder team but now find himself on a crowded Rocket team with multiple scoring options and another big man in front of him in the pecking order. Lol

hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

sengun likely would not start lol. Probably theis if they get him or if they re sign olynk.

10. conquistador#11

I hope she retires a Rocket. It showcases Sengun's IQ. Most ballers will just hire some nerd to do the translating. Sengun spent time researching and vetting applicants for this position.

Drift Monkey and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Sengun

Sengun Member

How accurate is it to interpret the player's intentions due to his body language? Understanding that unhappy or happy just from a video...

No player who gets the opportunity to play for any NBA team can be unhappy. It will be best for him and the team to be in an ambience where he can compete for jersey here. He could go to Thunder and be the king of empty stats but I'd rather he really fight to achieve something here. I'm sure if you ask him, he'll say the same. Also, I don't think not being able to go to Thunder really disappointed him. If there's one thing he's disappointed about, it's that he wasn't selected from the lottery, regardless of the any team.

By the way, I think it is not right to talk about these issues and to be prejudiced anymore. As a result, he is now a Rocket and will fight for this team.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

dude relax. I am just basing off body language, facial expressions, and tone as these things communicate loudly. What is the truth I can’t say with 100% confidence but the two reactions are quite different if you watch it. I just find it interesting. Hopefully he is positive, fits in and does well.

Trackwell likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Olynyk isn't coming back, Theis could be the starter at the beginning of the season, but I don't know if he'd be good enough to hold the job all season. Sengun is the most NBA ready pick we got this season.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, I think there was definitely some heavy vetting between Sengun and his now-translator.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You said "came with". Did she? I imagine he did, but, you know, was she smoking a cigarette and eating a ham sandwich afterward so to speak?

Drift Monkey, Plowman and Corrosion like this.
  16. CXbby

CXbby Member

The Rockets traded two future firsts for him. Stone said they were trying to trade up to 6-16 and Sengun was THE target. Shows how much the Rockets value him. He's going to get every opportunity to succeed here.

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

18. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Drift Monkey and CXbby like this.
  19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

This isn’t the press conference video or the thunder video i was referring to lol but ok. Whatever it is like I said hope the dude does well and excited to play for us.

jakedasnake likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member