1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fertitta and Green off to a good start

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 1, 2021.

?

Eating at Landry’s restaurant will make Green

1. Stronger and faster

38 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. Look like Harden

40 vote(s)
    51.3%
  1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Where is
    c) make green have the worst $h!ts of his life!

clos4life and Nook like this.
  2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Too bad little Tilman's name is Patrick. He looks like a Bart.

BamBam likes this.
  3. alethios

alethios Member

He knows better than to eat Landry's food.

4. DonatelloLimestone

Nah bro.

We're just saying the manager is doing bad. Love the Rockets, love what Stone is doing. KPJ,KMJ,Tate,Wood all made me excited for the future even though we're at the bottom of the damn league and lost all staff and personell after cheaping out and frankly a dude lying about it. thats what its about. to the owner, enjoy the fruits of your labor it is an increidble psition to be in, as a houstonian that should be awesome to have a local take over the team. I was happy and felt he'd be better then les, btu the lies began, the deflection, meanwhile we're down to not one meaningful game last year. The frustration is fair.

And we're adults evaluating the team, if you can't handle objective criticism on our actual transaction and be able to differentiate just like when we're talking abotu one player, coach, or whatever that we're talking abotu the management from the top then thats what you're messing

heres just a few examples for you to enjoy what it is that we feel is hurting the rockets, not what defines the rockets and thus is above criticism
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...amn-turmoil-unsettling-vibe-surrounds-rockets

I think his agent did me a favor, OK," Fertitta said at the media availability, explaining that he now had an easy out if the Rockets had a disappointing year and decided to move on from D'Antoni.

That's typically not the kind of comment made out loud, much less to the media, by an owner who is attempting to defuse drama. Of course, it's also an unusual approach to point out a coach's age and publicly wonder whether he wanted to continue working beyond next season, as Fertitta did when asked by the Houston Chronicle weeks earlier about a potential extension. That prompted the 68-year-old D'Antoni to make it clear that he planned to coach "at a high level for at least another three years."

Nor is it normal NBA business practice to spill the specifics of an offer that wasn't accepted. Fertitta volunteered that the "great extension offer" he made D'Antoni included a $5 million base salary -- below market value for a coach of his stature -- and $1 million in incentives for each playoff round won.
    Fertitta failed to mention the buyout language that guaranteed D'Antoni only half of his base salary if the Rockets fired him before the extension began. That was the primary sticking point for D'Antoni, who hoped for a commitment of two more seasons beyond this contract and never seriously considered a half-hearted offer of one more year.

“Last year (getting under the luxury tax) was a fluke. We were going to be in the (tax). It was an accident. I’m still trying to figure out how we got under. I was positive we were going to be in it by $11 million. But if I’m in the luxury tax, I expect us to win.”

https://spacecityscoop.com/2020/07/01/chris-paul-trevor-ariza-costly-houston-rockets/

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/10/16/21519593/daryl-morey-houston-rockets-luxury-tax-resign

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...tta-tells-final-hours-of-paul-westbrook-deal/

Theres a whole lot more that hurts not helps our franchise, so yea...we're going for the rockets, are you tilman only fans? Of course what he does is consequential so we want him to get it right, and he hasnt, so lets steer the energy the right way and he can enjyo it, get that tropy, all the good stuff...
    "

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Give the guy a break. We're trying to bring him into the 2000's. :D

Haymitch and Easy like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So much unnecessary shade on CF while it's 100 degrees outside.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

I wish Tilman was serious and about winning.

Sorry, you don’t get to tear down a 65-win team, see every major player and front office executive walk out the door (some even making up excuses to get out of town) and then tell fans to stop complaining, stop joking around and “treat them seriously”. And no, you don’t get to chalk it up to “normal (franchise) turnover”.

Thaddeus Brown - GONE
    Daryl “going to spend more time with my family…(10 days later) Just kidding” Morey - GONE
    Mike D’Antoni - GONE
    Gutting Mike D’Antoni’s coaching staff (and making Mike a one-year lame duck coach) - GONE
    James Harden - GONE
    Russell Westbrook - GONE
    Role players - GONE

People are rightly skeptical.

Who else is gonna bolt & get the hell outta town next?

You appointed your son to shadow and follow Daryl’s every move and now Rafael. And what are his qualifications (to be in the front office, sitting in on decision making), besides being daddy’s boy?

You’re scared of the repeater tax, having never paid the luxury tax ONCE.
    “Getting under the luxury tax was a fluke! No idea how that happened!”

Not gonna pay the luxury tax while you have James Harden, who the hell ARE you gonna pay it for?

You get into a public pissing match with D’Antoni over his contract. (A half-hearted lowball offer at that.)

Why were most signings minimum free agents?
    Why were draft picks traded to dump salary?
    Remember when the MLE went unused two summers in a row? (Part was used on House one year)
    How many trade exceptions went unused?

Then lies to the fans. (Either himself or through his media mouthpieces)
    “Getting under the luxury tax was a fluke! No idea how that happened!”
    “Whatever it takes!”
    “Green light to bust the budget!”
    “Luxury tax has never come up.”
    “Daryl’s hands are not tied behind his back.”
    “Win at all costs!”

SIGNED
    Were any of these signings for more than the minimum? Minimum signings everywhere, depending on mid-season buyouts to save us.

2017-18
    Danuel House
    Isaiah Canaan
    Briante Weber
    Gerald Green
    Demetrius Jackson
    R.J. Hunter
    Markel Brown
    Bobby Brown
    Brandan Wright
    Joe Johnson
    Le’Bryan Nash
    Tim Quarterman
    Aaron Jackson
    2018-19
    (Coming off a WCF appearance, this is your offseason/season?! Seriously?!)
    Michael Carter-Williams
    Gary Clark
    James Ennis (James “not much of a downgrade from Ariza” Ennis)

Isaiah Hartenstein
    Rob Gray
    Carmelo Anthony
    Bruno Caboclo
    Brandon Sampson
    Ángel Rodríguez
    Tim Bond
    Danuel House(Remember when he let Danuel House linger in the G League for 2 months(2018-19 season) over contract matters?)
    Austin Rivers
    James Nunnally
    Kenneth Faried
    Chris Chiozza
    Terrence Jones
    Trevon Duval(waivers)
    Michael Frazier
    Deyonta Davis(waivers)
    2019-20
    Chris Clemons
    Shamorie Ponds
    William McDowell-White
    Tyson Chandler
    Gerald Green
    Ben McLemore
    Anthony Bennett
    Thabo Sefolosha
    Ryan Anderson
    Jaron Blossomgame
    Ray Spalding(waivers)
    Matur Maker
    Michael Frazier
    Ronshad Shabazz
    Chris Clemons
    William Howard
    Jeff Green
    DeMarre Carroll
    David Nwaba
    Luc Mbah a Moute
    2020-21
    Mason Jones
    Kenny Wooten(waivers)
    Jae'Sean Tate
    Bruno Caboclo
    Sterling Brown
    DeMarcus Cousins
    Jerian Grant
    Trevelin Queen
    Brodric Thomas
    William McDowell-White
    Trey Mourning
    Josh Reaves
    Ray Spalding
    Justin Patton
    Anthony Lamb
    Armoni Brooks
    DaQuan Jeffries(waivers)
    Khyri Thomas
    Cameron Oliver
    Cam Reynolds

WAIVED/RELEASED/CUT
    2017-18
    George de Paula
    Isaiah Taylor.
    Tim Quarterman
    Chris Johnson
    Danuel House
    Cameron Oliver
    Isaiah Canaan
    Bobby Brown
    Demetrius Jackson.
    Briante Weber
    Troy Williams
    Brandan Wright
    Tim Quarterman
    2018-19
    Aaron Jackson
    R.J. Hunter
    Rob Gray
    Alessandro Gentile
    Bruno Caboclo
    Ángel Rodríguez
    Brandon Sampson
    Tim Bond
    Danuel House
    Zhou Qi
    James Nunnally
    2019-20
    Chris Chiozza
    Deyonta Davis
    William McDowell-White
    Anthony Bennett
    Jaron Blossomgame
    Michael Frazier
    Ray Spalding
    Matur Maker
    Shamorie Ponds
    Ronshad Shabazz
    Ryan Anderson
    Gary Clark
    Isaiah Hartenstein
    2020-21
    Trevelin Queen
    Jerian Grant
    Trey Mourning
    Gerald Green
    William McDowell-White
    Josh Reaves
    Bruno Caboclo
    Chris Clemons
    DeMarcus Cousins
    Mason Jones
    Ben McLemore
    Justin Patton
    DaQuan Jeffries
    Khyri Thomas

TRADE
    Chinanu Onuaku, cash & 2020 2nd round pick to Dallas for Maarty Leunen

Ryan Anderson & De'Anthony Melton to Phoenix for Marquese Chriss & Brandon Knight

Michael Carter-Williams & cash to Chicago for a 2020 2nd round pick

Carmelo Anthony, Jon Diebler & cash to Chicago for Tadija Dragićević

James Ennis to Philadelphia for a 2021 2nd round pick swap

Wade Baldwin, Maarty Leunen, Nik Stauskas & a 2021 2nd round pick to Indiana for cash

3-team trade: 2020 2nd round draft pick to Sacramento for Iman Shumpert; Marquese Chriss, Brandon Knight, a 2019 1st round pick & a 2022 2nd round pick to Cleveland for Wade Baldwin, Nik Stauskas & a 2021 2nd round pick; Cleveland traded Alec Burks to Sacramento

Chris Paul, a 2021 1st round pick, a 2024 1st round pick, a 2025 1st round pick & a 2026 1st round pick to Oklahoma City for Russell Westbrook (Worst contract I’ve ever seen in business or in sports! My basketball ops got weak. I told them we’re doing this damn deal! You always keep it exciting!)

4-team trade: Gerald Green & a 2020 1st round pick to Denver; Clint Capela & Nene to Atlanta for a 2026 2nd round pick; Atlanta traded Evan Turner & a 2020 1st round pick to Minnesota; Denver traded Malik Beasley, Juan Hernangomez & Jarred Vanderbilt to Minnesota for Keita Bates-Diop, Shabazz Napier & Noah Vonleh; Minnesota traded Jordan Bell & Robert Covington to Houston

Jordan Bell & a 2023 2nd round pick to Memphis for Bruno Caboclo

Robert Covington to Portland for Trevor Ariza, Isaiah Stewart & a 2021 1st round pick

Trevor Ariza, Isaiah Stewart, cash & a 2027 2nd round pick to Detroit for Christian Wood, a 2021 1st round pick & a 2021 2nd round pick

Cash & a 2021 2nd round pick to Sacramento for Kenyon Martin Jr.

Austin Rivers, Sergio Llull, Tadija Dragicevic & Axel Hervelle to New York for Issuf Sanon

Russell Westbrook to Washington for John Wall & a 2023 1st round pick

4-team trade: 2023 2nd round pick to Indiana for Victor Oladipo; James Harden to Brooklyn for Rodions Kurucs, a 2021 1st round pick, a 2022 1st round pick, a 2023 1st round pick, a 2024 1st round pick, a 2025 1st round pick, a 2026 1st round pick & a 2027 1st round pick; Brooklyn traded Jarrett Allen & Taurean Prince to Cleveland for a 2024 2nd round pick; Brooklyn traded Caris Levert to Indiana; Cleveland traded Dante Exum & a 2022 1st round pick to Houston

2024 2nd round pick to Cleveland for Kevin Porter Jr.

Rodions Kurucs, P.J. Tucker, a 2021 2nd round pick & a 2022 1st round draft pick to Milwaukee for D.J. Augustin, D.J. Wilson, a 2021 1st round pick swap & a 2023 1st round pick

Victor Oladipo to Miami for Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk & a 2022 1st round draft swap

DRAFT
    2-46 De’Anthony Melton
    2-52 Vince Edwards

1-2 Jalen Green
    1-16 Alperen Sengun
    1-23 Usman Garuba
    1-24 Josh Christopher

RE-SIGNED
    Chris Paul(4 years, $164M) … Only to call it the “worst contract he’s ever seen in business or sports; later trades four first round picks to rid himself of it; takes back two worse contracts in Russell Westbrook & John Wall
    Gerald Green
    Clint Capela(5 years, $90M)
    Danuel House(3 years, $11M)
    Austin Rivers
    Eric Gordon(4 years, $75M)
    Nenê

How to destroy a team in 3 short years!
    [​IMG]

PlEaSe StOp TrEaTiNg YoUr TeAm LiKe A JoKe.

LOL The audacity…

Like we drafted Jalen Green so I guess everything is cool, fine and well?! ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Why did Harden leave?
    Why did Morey leave?
    Why did Thaddeus leave?
    Why did D’Antoni leave?
    o_O

#47 J.R., Aug 1, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    tycoonchip, xaos, clos4life and 11 others like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

@J.R. just nuked this thread

Our new commentators are going to have to say "brought to you by Carls Jr Credit Karma Money" after every play

We're doomed Fern Titz is a broke POS

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Look…..all these facts, you know, CLEARLY taken out of context. And you need to put more time and effort into your research. This was slapdash at best.

(Nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk, oggiddy-oggiddy, WISE GUY, ay)

J.R. likes this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Repeat after me:

J.R. is a bot. J.R. is a bot. J.R. is a bot. J.R. is a bot. J.R. is a bot....

xaos and J.R. like this.
  11. DonatelloLimestone

This has it all, bet you they ant gonnna respond with substance...just more emotional pleas for their oddly picked idol to latch to.

dude even made us look bad in front of the government asking to classify loans not meant for his size of business:/

before that he said :

TM: What would you like to see in it?

TF: I don’t know. I really haven’t counted on the government. I’m not one of the largest companies in America and I’m not one of the smallest. When it’s all over with, you can write an article [saying] that I survived and I didn’t get any help from the government.

@bmd so yea I think you're getting mad at the wrong thing. This is lke if us fans said harden start playing defense you're making us lose and you saying SHT UP SUPPORT HIM OR DONT BE A REAL FAN...no we're rooting for the rockets and we're callng it out if someone is messing with what you were right about a GREAT city and organization tthat precedded the current and former guy.

HP3 likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we still got Eric Gordon!

clos4life, BHannes2BHonest and Tfor3 like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

@DonatelloLimestone owner willing to spend and pay the LT for a contender…this is what Tilman should’ve been doing during the 2018 offseason and entire 18-19 season

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

At this point in the off-season for the Harden Era, Tilman was saying the same thing. That was the frustrating part of the whole tear down. They said one thing and did the opposite.

BossHogg713, Reeko, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  15. DonatelloLimestone

Exactly, when you have your window, you go all in. Take swings you can be milwaukee this year, raptors a few years ago,basically when you're in the contention level anything can happen

when thats done with, then you can do what you're doing, save money, you'll still be a hometown hero. But, we got dollar value dolan? Lotta BS, but even without the spending.

clos4life and Reeko like this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

The Bucks won the championship
    Because their coach actually played PJ Tucker as a forward and not a center
    Looking back , that system and coaching was just for show and had no chance of winning a title

no size, no mid range , no bench
    @J.R.

Aruba77 and BossHogg713 like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

Lol the Nets owner has way more money than Tilman
    @Reeko

You only get Tilman cause Les sold it to him.

let’s say I’m selling my Porsche
    I can sell it to @Ziggy a 99er or
    some dude who’s going to blow his student loans

it’s up to me to sell to whom ever I want

BossHogg713 likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

None of those teams had a chance
    And Chris Paul still didn’t win a title

getting close is losing in a game 7 in the finals

that dumb Nba 2k Morey and D’Antoni ball was proven wrong

don’t care if they got Pablo Escobar as the owner

19. tinman

Supporting Member

You Trevor Ariza only fans got to wake up

20. DonatelloLimestone

Lol, if some dude told you I'm going to be a top 10 net worth owner, I am a billionaire brand with a show and I'm a local and then all I want to do si win. which is what tilman has said to us, to what fault is it that you keep bringing along a guy who aint here which is your obsession?

Mean while the ACTUAL CURRENT owner who affects us has lied, cheaped out, but you can only seem to find yourself looking bak

ITs interesting to hear you bring up PJ tucker as you've been outspoken on how you think Trevor Ariza makes no difference.

In fact you guys have called harden a choker and not a leader to win on.

IMAGINE if you were a bucks fans, you guys would be saying Giannis has chokced in the semis in his MVP year, they lost 1-4. The guy still hasn't improved, why would you go all in on him, he already showed he got killdi nt he Semis, why would you think he could win? Tilly save your money!
    And PJ? talk about 0 points...you mentioned that about ariza, but PJ just got played 36 minutes plus while winning the ring on a 0.

You'd be happy with the bucks not making those moves, saying we wouldn't have won anyone, counting mark larsy's savings or pointing to the former owner saying, why did he sell it ot this guy?

In either case, you're rooting for an owner or are subservient to an owner not hte team, not its players. You're negative when it comes to the guys who laid it down on the courtt, boot licking when it comes to someone with more power than you.

Thats the facts. if you were in MIlkwaukee and had anysay, bucks wouldn't be getting rings in october. Yet you **** on actual rocketes while defending your name sake. Tilman only 99ers are something else brotha, join the Houston Rockets. PLease.Root for us to shoot our shot, even if it cost the owner one year of money and he can make it back later..Unless tinman =tilman, then i understand and you gotta go get yours, but if you're an actual Houston Rockets fan. ...cmon man[​IMG]