1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Off Season: Free Agents \ Buyouts\ etc.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Xopher

Xopher Member

In other breaking news, water is wet.

clos4life, Ramo$e and D-rock like this.
  2. DonatelloLimestone

I demanded Jessica Alba go on a date with me, still waiting to hear back
    or that @tinman start rooting for the Houston Rockets and not Landrys financials, it ain't gonna happen, John Wall.

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Great to make your acquaintance man!

4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Moving Wall without giving up future assets would make this nearly the perfect off-season.

sirjesse, jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He’s been wrong a lot. Even if they were things he heard. Happy to eat my words, but as of now he is stating the obvious on Wall and his St Patricks Day post on draft day was also stating the obvious, IMO. I saw some of the other posts he has had on things he heard and they seemed to be pretty off (by the way, I’m not actually talking about something happening). I get it that every “insider” or “person who hears things but is not an insider :rolleyes:“, is not always going to have something that actually happens, that makes sense, things are dynamic in the NBA. However, when you are always wrong, even at information that wasn’t even proposed to happen, I’m just out lol.

D-rock and Reeko like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

last offseason it was the fake insider claiming that John Wall was in the parking lot screaming that he’s better than Westbrook and Harden should want to play with him, and this offseason, we’ve got King Drew

ElPigto, clos4life and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm giving him benefit of doubt, doesnt hurt me a bit.

clos4life and Ramo$e like this.
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Monk is a turnstile on defense.

D-rock likes this.
  9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Please no to Simmons. Too much for way too long. Plus picks? I hope we've learned our lesson by now on trading assets to get rid of a player we don't want for a player on a worse contract. While Simmons is more playable than Wall, his contract would hurt the rebuild we're in. I know Wall is worthless to us but I'd rather sit him and ride out 2 years (worst case) and play the FA market, then trade for Simmons now and pay him for 4 years. Remember if some of these rookies make it like we hope, we're going to have to pay them when Simmons expires. There will be no FA road because we will be paying rookies on new contracts. So while we may not be a FA destination now, I think we can do better than Ben Simmons in 2 years. Ride Wall out or trade him for pieces next year. Then sign a FA or 2 when you lose Wall's contract, play with FAs for a couple of years and take care of the rookies.

Don't lose site of the long game.

Sengun likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Long game is winning.

Lucas would also help Simmons with his shooting.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

And yet Charlotte’s defensive +/-‘s were better with him on the floor.

Armed with only the MLE, I could live with a bench scorer that’s average on defense. If we needed that type of player, that is, which we do not at the moment.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It’s a hard pass for me man. The guy is a too short wing who can shoot but doesn’t play d. Nothing to see there!

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Wall needs his camp to produce a mix tape on an iPad and he needs to hand deliver it to every gm.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Sengun

Sengun Member

Totally agree this.

I watched all of that man's games for a season (I like the Sixers because of Korkmaz). And, I'm definitely not ready to watch him here for a season now. A point-guard (actually he is a nothing-guard) who can't shoot may sound fantastic, but that's really what Simmons is.

In this position, I got angry and turned off the TV. Look at Embiid's reaction. Embiid will never let him stay at Phila this season and Morey is trying to kick him somewhere. I hope Houston won't take him. He is also mentally weak. He's been sitting around playing Warzone and walking around with his girlfriend all day when he should have been working on his shooting.

tycoonchip and Ramo$e like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need another tank commander with Avery likely gone.

Wall cant do it by himself.

17. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Yes, please...

Ramo$e and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Sources?