1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This should be our Next Move!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Trackwell, Jul 30, 2021.

1. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

It’s crazy to ponder, but we are so young with KPJ and Green we may still be developing five years from now with the arrow still pointed upward.

Trackwell and D-rock like this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are the one who said we cant guarantee anything so how you know what we have is enough talent already?

Again I can understand the logic of not building loser culture but how about wait more than 1 yr of rebuild? You can complain if its 4 years of straight tanking but we just got done year 1.

Trackwell likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’d say more along the lines of Memphis, as opposed to the cultural and developmental problems you ingrain by purposefully being the worst team in basketball, for a 14% chance (at best) at Banchero.

There has to be a carrot. You can’t develop good, young players while winning 13 games a season and praying for ping pong balls these days, especially in a flattened lottery.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Memphis got JJJ and Ja Morant with 2nd pick right?

Even your example spent more than 1 season tanking. If Memphis followed your advise they would be in playoffs getting swept after they got JJJ to build that winning culture and they never would have gotten Ja Morant.

Is JJJ being the lone centerpiece of Grizz your idea of perfect rebuild?

Corrosion and Trackwell like this.
  5. JohnWoo713

JohnWoo713 Member

I’d add Brooks behind green

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Before I answer this, tell me one thing:

“Following your advice”. Please, where is this advice I gave that you are citing? I’d love to see it, because I can’t recall writing it.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You dont have to keep tanking over and over, but it makes total sense to tank for the next two years.

roslolian and Trackwell like this.
  8. meh

meh Contributing Member

If you read my post it's clear that I believe the Rockets are already on the path of what's proposed by the OP. There is no need to tank further because they are already tanking quite hard.

People here who are proposing competing are missing the fact that the Rockets roster sucks. No amount of wishing will turn this roster into a playoff worthy one short of mortgaging their entire future getting a Lillard or Beal.

Corrosion and Trackwell like this.
  9. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Thank you

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

I mean trying to make the playoffs 1 year after they got the 2nd pick. Memphis could easily do that if they traded future assets for veteran presence to make the playoffs.

Trackwell likes this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Why is only Next Move capitalized? You setting up a rope a dope, guy?

12. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Man any time I write anything on here I’m just talking into my phone while I’m doing other things

I come here to Drop a take here and there

I don’t come here to work on my grammar

13. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Pops in the way right now

They need to have a collapse, this fighting for the play -in bullshit is terrible and Just delaying the inevitable drown

Reeko and D-rock like this.
  14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

When's the last time teams who actually tanked (not just lost games because they sucked) deliberately ended up winning a championship from it? Now. How many teams have tanked for 5 years or more and not improved to the point of being a contender? Which of these answers makes you think deliberately losing games for draft picks makes you a great team?

15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Says who? You gonna tell me a 20/10 player packaged with say a 9th pick won’t get you a top 3 pick? Most top 3 picks wish they could have a 20/10 stat line.

16. monster

monster Member

I hate to disappoint some of you, but tanking next season isn’t a choice. We are going to be one of the worst teams no matter what. It’s not a bad thing. Our team is full of kids. It’s gonna take another year or two of solid drafting, FA/trades, and improving the skills of these guys before winning is a reality. Rebuilding rarely happens over 1 season. Buckle in and enjoy watching these kids grow. Don’t get overly attached to players. This team is in a major state of flux, but it should be worth it in the end.

Corrosion, D-rock and Trackwell like this.
  17. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

It’s not that black-and-white- Christian wood can’t get you a the top three pick-

He’s not talented enough
    And he’s gonna want a lot of money very soon

18. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I don’t care about that-
    You can find empty stats in anything

19. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

And I’m not talking about five years I’m talking about next year and the year after that and then we bring in a big-time free agent with these kids

20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

If a top 30 player (your own evaluation of Wood) isn’t talented enough, rest of the league (400+ players) must all be scrubs.

Name some of the top 3 picks in recent years that you think are in top 30.

D-rock likes this.