1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hypothetical: Harden wants to come Home

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmoney1101, Jul 31, 2021.

?

Would you welcome a Harden homecoming?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2022.
  1. Yes

43.2%
  2. No

56.8%
  1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Great! See if Cleveland wants to do a swap! Until that happens we as Rockets fans can continue to bash our number 2 pick and look at what could have been or hope he proves everyone wrong. The kid has a will to improve. He's 19 and apparently had a work ethic that impressed even Detroit. The kid has definitely improved since all the highschool videos that everyone was using to scout the guy. If he continues to improve in leaps and bounds the guy might turn out to be better than the beals and lou williams and zach lavines of the nba.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

You people really dont deserve Hakeem.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No fking way tilman or Harden will swallow their ego for a reunion. Hell we have posters on here would rather us have another sht season than have Harden back. Hatred for the beard trumps winning, kinda weird for Rockets fan to have this type of mindset.

Ramo$e and HP3 like this.
  4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Feelings about what? It was time for him to go.....It's really not that deep to apply metaphors but if you nut huggers insisted..... I did.

It's actually pretty accurate. Why defend a guy who purposely hurt the franchise. This is something Harden nut hugger will never understand because they really are Harden fans and not Rockets fans. Plain and simple.

RasaqBoi and Dobbizzle like this.
  5. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol He'll never give us the best chance. He doesn't play well with others and is not a leader. His skill isn't the problem, it's his brain.

RasaqBoi, Dobbizzle and cheke64 like this.
  6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

KPJ/Jalen Green >>>>>Harden

Jalen Green OnlyFan and Ramo$e like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Absolutely pathetic how some of these people act.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Would not be surprised if Green turns into an all-star that Harden would want to come back, not sure I'd want Lil-Baby around our players thou... I'd like them to grow up and not do dumb $hit forever...

VickMackey likes this.
  9. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I’d like to watch a 300lb center with a step back three that would be awesome.

HP3 likes this.
  10. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

11. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I only like this hypothetical if it means that the Nets project has failed and all of their mercurial stars are fleeing the sinking ship. Which also likely means that our picks & swaps have become gems. If a 34-year-old Harden fits into our timeline & lineups and is willing to adapt to us (and not the other way around), then I'd be fine with welcoming him back.

Some of my NBA-watching buddies thought my rooting against Harden & the Nets this postseason was sour grapes. In reality, I only care about the Rockets & whatever circumstances make them better. Given our ownership of Brooklyn's draft capital for the next five years, their catastrophic failure only serves to put us in a better situation. It'd be fantastic if the Rockets put together an exciting & competitive core over the next few seasons, only to receive a series of high lottery picks because the Nets bottomed out.

If Harden wants to come back to be a part of THAT situation and (ironically) ride our coattails to a ring, then I'd be all for it. But, if the FO resigns an aging Harden to return as our savior, then I can't say I'd be very happy. Either way, Harden's history here doesn't really impact how I feel about the possibility -- in my mind, it depends entirely on where WE are as a franchise.

Easy and tmoney1101 like this.
  12. alethios

alethios Member

As much as I love Harden and wish he were still wearing the Rockets uni, we have moved on from him. Bringing him back would not fit with the trajectory we're on and the chemistry we're trying to build. We have a chance to create a tight-knit, exciting team built for the future.

Dobbizzle and tmoney1101 like this.
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Again we do not know where this team is going. If Harden wants to come home to Houston and everything works out in our favor only idiots would say no. A) he has to be not washed up
    B) agree to a salary that benefits the team not just himself
    C) willing to take the leadership role in mentoring the young guys like manu ginobli did even if it means playing limited minutes like a 6th man.
    D) fits our system
    And so forth....
    We do whatever benefits our team and helps us win a championship all feelings aside. That is the bottom line.

HP3 and tmoney1101 like this.
  14. DonatelloLimestone

bro harden is gone, its getting tired of hearing people instead of rooting for hte rockets just spilling negativity and harden is living rent free in your head, don't you see that?!

lol messin with ya, but you get my point of the whole 'living in your head' thing doesn't hold water sicne everyoen is here on a message board discussing something we don't control mainly?

I'd welcome harden back, KPJ says hes served as a role model. i agree with ya about the partying during camp and all of that, we don't want that. but outside of that he was just known to never miss a workout and had to beconvinced to stop mornign shoot arounds.

A guy who doesn't rest when stars do "load manage" a guy who for not just one flash of a season, for 7 season has a marathon of leading the league in points, tehn assist with a target on his back and no athletic advantage, hes a skill player. You have to work for that, fine tune it daily, let alone you have to have mental grit and a desire to be great do that night in and out when guys like Andre roberston can make 10 million just stopping you. heck palyers should hate the way he plays, still voted him players mvp over Curry.

Then to add to that, the guy had an active foudnation that did a lot of work, he even donated AFTER he left houston, he didn't rent he owned homes here and moved his family in, invested in the local team, even had a rockets theme restaurant here opening this year...doesnt seem like a guy scheming to leave, but neither did Morey, niehter did Tad brown, neither did MDA(https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26987545/there-too-much-damn-turmoil-unsettling-vibe-surrounds-rockets) Wonder who the common factor is?

but yea thats too much negativty but your post isnt?

Lol, if harden wants home I'd welcome all the ttalent. I think only biased fans like in cleveland who maybe didn't want lebron back after he left after dominating individually for 7 years and realizing you cant skimp on the whole roster. Maybe there were Dan Gilbert fans there who want to make sure the billionaire owner gets a fair deal on the contracts too? That'd be something else. The lazy millinoaires should give some money back to the billionaires who parked finances and did nothing else?

Anyways, not sure of the fit if that every hapened of KPJ, Green....dare I say at that age if harden goes back to the 6th man role and we pay up we may be looking at a ring with that type of depth. depth is always overlooked, people don't want to value someone who only plays 12 mintes but that is an entire quarter, 3/4 of the game of plus minus that goes to the final score as much as others just doesn't make the headlines.

15. thekad

thekad Member

“you’re not a real fan!”

The last refuge of the keyboard warrior crying about players that don’t even know who you are. He ain’t your ex, little buddy.

16. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

From being out of shape. Hammy injuries can linger for a long time and he doesn't exactly have the reputation for strong conditioning.

17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Harden will join trip-cheeseburger Morley before he thinks about coming back to Houston..

18. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

By himself no, if he brings Durant here then yes.

banzai likes this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Pretty much how I feel. If in two years, our young guys are maturing into stars and have good chemistry, throwing in a 34-year-old Harden who comes in to takeover the team might not be a good thing. If he still has something left in his tank and is willing to take a complimentary role, that is fine.

If in two years, we need a 34-year-old Harden to lead us into contention, then that probably means our rebuilding is not going very well.

ElDobleK likes this.
  20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

No,4 he’ll wanna hog the ball and not play any defense. Be By then Green and KPJr will be all stars anyway. I’ll go him a 6th man spot so he can go the distance like Vince carter. Plus, he’ll be hurt by then.

Plus, would you take an old girlfriend back who basically dumped you for an easier road? Go ***** yourself. You can’t just walk back in here and pretend like that **** didn’t happen.