1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Screenshot_20210801-090052_Google.jpg

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Some of us have friends and family who are unvaccinated or immune-compromised. The idea that the vaccinated should only care about themselves is bizarre.

Beyond that, as others have noted, COVID surges affect everyone because of the impact on hospitals and the potential for more dangerous variants to develop.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I wish someone would ask these health officials how they can claim the vaccines are safe when there is no data on long term health effects.

Why would you give this to a child when that data gap exists?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  4. adoo

adoo Member

is there a better eg of willful ignorance, burying head in sand?

the only thing that Sullivan, who is not a scientist, knows about virus is that he doesn't understand it​

5. adoo

adoo Member

Commodore likes this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I agree in premise, but I think you're going to see that more and more vaccinated people are going to start testing positive and getting fairly sick. I know of some already.

I think we just don't know how long the vaccine lasts and some had theirs 6 or 7 months ago. Without a booster, it's inevitable.

Masking is for the good of everyone. So is it distinguishing the vaccinated and unvaccinated. We should all be treated as if we're unvaccinated, because essentially at some point in the very near future, we will be. Everyone should still be taking caution, and thus, saying that masking is being done for the unvaccinated, imo, is wrong. It's for everyone. Everyone is becoming at risk again, except, ironically, those that waited to get their vaccine, perhaps.

#7206 Two Sandwiches, Aug 1, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  7. Two Sandwiches

This lady is an absolute moron. She's sold her soul to the devil. Lol

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

9. Two Sandwiches

That fails to mention the one widely known side effect: cardiomyopathy in younger people;therefore, I don't know how we can trust it. Maybe it was written before that was a known side effect? In that case, even more reason to not trust it saying there are no known side effects. (I believe this is the case)

The truth is the vaccine hasn't gotten full approval from the FDA for a reason. It hasn't been studied long term to know specific side effects and issues it may present.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except the cardiomyopathy is a rare side effect. Is it more rare than serious effects from Covid19?

That would be the key.

AleksandarN and rockbox like this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

12. Two Sandwiches

The point also being, we don't know what other side effects there are. And also that at one point, we didn't know/also thought there were none.

The point also being, some people are looking at this as the vaccine takes chances of death from a fraction of a percent to a lesser fraction of a percent. Is the tradeoff of potential unknown side effects worth it?

Just playing devil's advocate here. Death is a rare side effect of covid, no? Those million and a half people or whatever it is now, sure wish they didn't get that side effect...

I'm not against the vaccine. Just playing devil's advocate to show not all that refuse the vaccine are idiots or Trumpers. There are valid reasons.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I get it, and don't disagree with your points.

But emergency testing isn't the same as zero testing which some anti-vaxers are claiming.

Given what we know about the vaccines and spread and variants and the safety of the vaccines we've seen so far including the limited amount of adverse side effects, it seems reasonable for folks to get vaccines.

14. Two Sandwiches

It's definitely reasonable, but I don't think it's unreasonable not to get vaccinated, if you have valid concerns.

I think diplomatically, the world needs to come down on China with a fury that has never been seen before, outside of maybe Nazi Germany. I think they need to be somehow mitigated economically to where they are set back years.

I also think that our country is doing a huge disservice by settling in on these vaccines and only these vaccines. I think there's money to be made in them, and because of that, cheaper alternatives are potentially being suppressed.

Andre0087 likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True we don’t know what the long term side affects of the vaccines are but we also don’t know what being infected with COVID-19 does after a year and a half. We know for a fact that many suffer long hauler symptoms, how long those are we don’t know for sure and we don’t know if COVId-19 like some other viruses can lay latent in peoples system to re-emerge later.

Everything in life is risk but given what we know now the risks of side affects from the vaccines is minuscule compared to the risk of COVID-19.

superfob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. WNBA

WNBA Member

So far, all vaccines are not working. Vaccinated people are getting the virus in the same way as unvaccinated people. True, 'vaccine' can save people's lives but those lives will later become the hosts of stronger Covid virus which will defeat the vaccine eventually. It really does not help on anything. Unvaccinated people sacrifice their lives to contain the virus in delta+ level and reduce the number of virus hosts voluntarily. Heroes I say.

There are only two ways to survive: true vaccine or true lock down. We have neither. We are doomed with or without current vaccines.

18. Two Sandwiches

There are some scientists out there, some from very prestigious universities, that say a mass dosing of ivermectin would wipe the virus out. Moreso than the vaccine. And it's safety has been proven over the course of 50-60 years compared to the vaccine.

Problem? It cost less than $1 per dose.

19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Covid vaccine is free.

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1122/ivermectin-oral/details

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#7219 London'sBurning, Aug 1, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  20. Two Sandwiches

Nah. US pays $19.50 per Pfizer dose. EU pays $14.70.

US pays about $15 per moderns vaccine, EU pays about $18.

Once again, someone is paying for it. Ivermectin is less than a dollar. Those are inflated numbers due to demand. It can be produced extremely cheaply.

Seems like their could be better use of our tax dollars than possibly lining the pockets of big pharma (once again, eh?), but despite promising early reports, there is great hesitance to study it, and event he CDC is trying to discourage it. Why? I think it's interesting, to say the least.

As I said before, many top scientists are quietly saying they believe mass dosing across the world would end this thing...

Sounds crazy to me, too, but isn't it worth a shot? It'd be far cheaper than anything else we've tried...

...and it's worked on some local levels.