1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's go there: Are the unvaccinated the new Trumps?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Let's face it, the media has to make an enemy out of someone. It seems the unvaccinated are the new enemies for the masses. Mass hysteria reported in the media. Over sensationalizing things for ratings. Rinse and repeat. We've seen this before...

When the media lost ratings because of Trump, they needed a way to regain them. Are they doing this at the expense of covid and the unvaccinated?

We don't know the efficacy length of the vaccine. It seems it's window has run out, but we don't know. So, why are we blaming the unvaccinated for the Delta variant, when it was in circulation before the vaccine was widely offered, and there's a likelihood that by time it reached the masses in America, the vaccine was no longer effective? Especially if they're skewing the numbers, I think the media is giving the vaccinated a false sense of security by blaming the unvaccinated.

I think people need to come together, quit vilainizing others, start masking up and distancing again, and not get all of their info from propagandists.

I'll add this: I am not a Trump supporter. I try not to be a totally delusional Trump hater, either, though it's tough. I'm not against the vaccine. I'm for it. I'm also for freedom of choice.

#1 Two Sandwiches, Aug 1, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  2. HardenVolumeOne

the Democrats are gonna get destroyed in the mid terms if they go down this path of mandating vaccines. Unless of course they lock the country down and cheat using mail in ballots again

RKREBORN likes this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

there's no such thing as a delusional trump hater. Thats like saying delusional Hitler hater

gatsby, Xenon, Invisible Fan and 4 others like this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

I should have phrased that better.

I try and be as honest and unblinded by my Trump hate as possible. He did actually do some okay things while he was in office.

But he also should be tried for treason. If we can believe the media. Which I don't know if we can, in most cases.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  5. HardenVolumeOne

focus on joe

6. Two Sandwiches

They're all idiots.

I'm starting to think Washington doesn't want a young visionary in the White House again, ever.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

“Trumps”’ as in the almost single-minded loyalists to him?

No. The unvaccinated by choice is a much more diverse population ranging from hardcore anti-vax to vaccines hesitancy to I don’t mind getting covid, it’s likely minor.

ps. know nothing of the media - don't watch them

Astrodome and Two Sandwiches like this.
  8. Two Sandwiches

"Trumps" simply meaning the new bad guys. It seems the media wants somebody to be their bad guy, because they've seen what it can do to their ratings and their profit margins.

They are threatened by the new wave of media, which is the independent, fact-reporting, non-sensationalist types.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

We know the vaccines are effective simply based on the data on the patients who are being admitted due to COVID infections. They are overwhelmingly unvaccinated.

Deckard and Nook like this.
  10. HardenVolumeOne

Ok if they’re all idiots why do I keep hearing about trump. He hasn’t been president in months

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'm not expert on the media, but my guess is whatever is catchy of the days, weeks, or months. No enemies needed.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

It seems more and more you're hearing of vaccinated patients getting more and more severe. To me, this potentially means that the vaccines are wearing off.

Once again, we do not know how long they last for sure, though it has been proposed certain populations get boosters. Why? We don't really know much of what we'd like to when it comes to the vaccines.

Instead, we're just dividing people by making anyone and everyone that doesn't want the vaccine the villain. Many have valid reasons for not wanting it.

It reminds me of how people would get a thrill out of telling other people to wear a mask or else, instead of just walking away.

We should spend less time demonizing others and more time helping each other.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Don't agree. Not seeing this in the media. Maybe I follow the wrong propaganda source.

tinman and Two Sandwiches like this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

I try to look at all of them and to immediately see who the source is after I read a headline. There's been many articles by left leaning media on it.

Even been a few articles about how the Biden White House is angry with the media for causing hysteria about the Delta variant, which may further alienate the unvaccinated. Sounds like something the last administration would have said too.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/07/white-house-frustrated-media-coverage-delta-covid.html

Other headlines on a quick search:

"Can you do something about the stubborn unvaccinated people? Yes, you can." (CNN)

"Vaccinated people are ready for normalcy - and angry at the unvaccinated getting in their way." (WaPo)

"Fauci says unvaccinated Americans are propagating this outbreak as Delta variant spreads" (CBS)

Unquestionably, the unvaccinated are at more risk of more severe covid cases, but I find these headlines to be baseless and hysteria-driving. I think the media should be educating the people (vaccinated and unvaccinated) on what they can do to possibly boost their immune system and things that help to make covid less severe, besides the vaccine. Clearly the vaccine is not the magic bullet.

I also think more studies need to be done with ivermectin. I think there is something criminal as to why it has not been studied and utilized more in the United States.

One thing is clear in this country anymore: Profit wins out above all else.

#14 Two Sandwiches, Aug 1, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    peleincubus likes this.
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don’t want to demonize the unvaccinated. That doesn’t help, in general. People who are spreading bad information to convince others not to get vaccinated are doing major harm, however. They need to stop.

And, yes, the vaccine will eventually wear off and booster will likely be needed over the course of the next year. But we know people who are vaccinated today are better off against even Delta than those who aren’t. That’s what the data shows.

16. Two Sandwiches

I don't disagree with any of that.

I think the world of misinformation, at the expense of profit (and stupidity) is costing thousands of lives.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

what are the long term health effects of the vaccine?

Astrodome likes this.
  18. Two Sandwiches

Who knows? Nobody.

Potential cardiomyopathy in younger people, which is scary. Makes me wonder if there will be more sporting deaths in the near future of younger athletes that didn't know they had heart issues. Probably not many, though.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn 99ers drop truth like they were Gods

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They would have had to have cheated the first time in order to cheat again.

1. You've got ZERO proof of any widespread cheating.
    2. Trump never had over 50% approval his whole term in office.
    3. Trump cried about mail-in ballots prior to the election.
    4. Democrats urged mail-in ballots
    5. Trump barely won in 2016
    6. Trump did absolutely nothing to increase and grow his voter base during his term in office.

It isn't surprising or unlikely or suspicious that he lost. It makes more sense than had he won.

Crying about a stolen election with a giant mound of zero proof doesn't make a strong argument.

Democrats didn't conspire with the entire medical community and media to create a worldwide pandemic.

Acting like that happened is sad and shows a detachment from facts.

Jayzers_100, jboslett, elrond and 7 others like this.