1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Sengun or Garuba be fasting for Ramadan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ickaruto, Jul 31, 2021.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

So? They still can eat after sun down.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No water or food unless you are sick. Fasting is exempt for the ill and children. You can eat at sundown.

ickaruto and groovemachine like this.
  3. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

It was mostly not that big of a problem for Akeem back in the day.
    The hardest part is on the weekend when you have a day game and can't take in fluids.
    Fasting without food is usually good on the body but doing enormous physical exertion for 2.5 hours without replacing fluids is not!

All they can really do is LOAD UP big time on fluids right before daybreak and "grin and bear it" when we have day games.

BTW a lot of Muslims actually GAIN weight during ramadan because they "more than make up" for their daytime fasting at night!

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

@tinman

groovemachine, ickaruto and tinman like this.
  6. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

That is very admirable, it is very difficult to forego water for even a few hours. I can't imagine doing any sort of athletic activity or physical labor without water. That gives one even more appreciation for The Dream playing during Ramadan.

7. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

If that were true you would have ignored the thread. ;)

8. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Not wrong at all. Turk through father's side. :)

Sengun likes this.
  9. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I've always had an appreciation of The Dream choosing his jersey instead of a statue of his likeness in front of Toyota Center. One has to respect that sort of adherence to his faith.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Come on man. With your opinions on Muslims. That post is uncalled for. Just don’t post anything at all in the thread if it’s something like that.

D-rock and BossHogg713 like this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What it means is that I don't think it would affect their performance, and it's way too soon to think about it.

peleincubus likes this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

Kyrie fasted this year.

"But yeah, I am taking part in Ramadan with a lot of my Muslim brothers and sisters. And it's been an adjustment. That's really what I can say. It’s just being committed to my service to God, Allah, and then continuing on with whatever I’m guided with. I’m just happy to be part of my community and doing the right things. So, fasting is definitely is definitely part of it — if you know anything about the Muslim community. But yeah, just really blessed and grateful to be taking part of this.