1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros trade Myles Straw to Indians for RHP Phil Maton

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Click and the front office had a lot of say in how they constructed the rotation and tandem guys.

Many were surprised Dusty followed the suggested blueprint.

In short series (and ultra-short series like the pre-WC round), you can do that sort of thing… plus can’t say Dusty’s previous playoff strategies have been successful.

Over a long season, old habits and bias starts to take over. Dusty is likely old enough that even if he can adjust temporarily, its still more likely he is who he is and his weakness’ will always be consistent.

Joe Joe likes this.
  2. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

My money would be on Espada.

awc713 and BossHogg713 like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. Poloshirtbandit

I wonder what Cecil Cooper is doing.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Hinch is not coming back. No way Manfred allows that nor would Crane do that. You guys with Hinch fantasies are as bad as Trumpers and their reinstatement delusions.

Dusty has this team with the best record in the AL with injuries and a shaky bullpen for most the season.

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

This. It is much harder to navigate 162 games than the postseason. Dusty used his starters as relievers in the postseason with Pressly, Paredes, (think I'm missing someone), and others mostly getting scraps.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'm fairly certain that Trump could lead the Astros to 90+ wins. Managers in baseball are for the most part worthless. As much **** as Hinch gets about not bringing in Cole the orders came from Luhnow to only bring him in with a lead. Now if Dusty starts going against Click's and the analytics departments wishes that's on him. This is probably his last year anyways so he should YOLO the whole thing and just do whatever he wants.

TWS1986 and Theking like this.
  8. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

STFU you Biden Supporter

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I Support WINNERS! That’s Biden and the Astros

10. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

You mean support a fraud who rigged the election, you really believe 80 million Americans voted for sleepy Joe, when he can hardly get 10 people to show up to any of rallies?

11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

You're a very stupid mother ****er, lol.

12. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

All you guys turning this into a political thread deserve anything negative that comes your way

F all of y’all, both sides, for turning this into political horseshit

13. astros123

astros123 Member

I literally don't understand what trumpers don't understand. 80 million people didn't vote for biden they voted bcz they fkin hate trump to the core. I don't understand what you folks don't get that. Being proud of having the most hated guy in history isn't something to be proud of

cbass and Snake Diggit like this.
  14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I was excoriated for making just that point. Of course that was in the infancy of the new metrics when Range Factor, with all of it's faults, was about the only defensive metric out there other than the almost useless Fielding %.

This was about the time Everett's RF was over 40 for a couple of years while Jeter was getting Gold Gloves for spectacular looking plays from routine ground balls with a negative RF. I sort of created my own poor version of Defensive WAR and Offensive WAR to make the point. But it was met with scorn and ridicule. Some things never change.

15. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

DUSTY

16. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I'm sure glad they don't allow politics on threads other than D&D. All you have to do is redefine politics as anything which opposes your own biases and anyone sharing your own biases is simply having a "normal" conversation.

Astrofan59 likes this.
  17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya jeter is probably the most damaging defender in baseball history, since he played the most important position and was always been horrible and worst in the league

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  18. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Stupid ass liberals! Quit watching the fake ass mainstream media news and believing that the American people hated Trump to the core, just look at his rallies over 50,000+ standing room only every city and state he goes to, he packs out the arenas. You stupid sheep wake TF up! While Biden can hardly get less than 10 people to show up to his rallies! And notice when Joe Biden gets on Facebook live or IG live he’s get thousands of thumbs down then he does likes. They had to to the hide and censor the dislikes because so many hate that fraud Biden.

#238 Gimmmethemike, Aug 1, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  19. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

You are the stupid one you dumb MF’er. You support a old ass dude like sleepy Joe who likes to sniff kids and sexually harasses them ?

20. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I doubt anyone on this board is willing to exit their echo chamber. So I suggest keeping it limited to baseball or they'll kick you off the board. It's happened to me several time. I just wish they wouldn't use the "Political" excuse when they kick you off for bringing attention to their "political" hypocrisy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.