1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big 12 Scraps Aren't So Bad...

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Landry's Tooth, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Landry's Tooth

You can live off pasta if the steak goes away...

2. Landry's Tooth

I looked up the details... their best case scenario assumes no additional teams to replace them and assumes tv ratings based on the aac and not actual ratings the teams have had. I'm not sure how you can use ratings of other teams in different markets as a logical assumption but they did.

It's a bad study. The guy has a background at Baylor and Rice but no one is perfect...

But please tell me more about the future you seem to know about already...

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

4. Buck Turgidson

Professional Sayer of Sooths

arkoe likes this.
  5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

If the tone of my post was offensive, I apologize. I was just trying to sum up the sentiment from obersvation that nobody (hyperbole) here nor in outside world is on your side. I'm not saying you're delusional as an offense. I'm just saying most are befuddled/annoyed by your takes, and very few people are going to die on this hill with you.

Also, please don't refer to yourself as an alumni - it lessens your credibility.

DonnyMost likes this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Tbf this dude wrote the exact same type of "the state of Texas will never financially recover from this" doom post when A&M left

7. Buck Turgidson

He is a Baylor and Rice guy and all...

8. H.D.

H.D. Member

I can see Nebraska moving.

9. Landry's Tooth

I can attest that's not true. I've got friends from Tech and UH who feel the same...

I understand it's just your observation but you fail to recognize it is limited.

I think your annoyed because i don't care about UT and that take offends Longhorn fans who are living in the past.

I'm trying to figure out what you disagree with? The Big 12 makes less money after UT and OU leave? The Pac12 and Big10 have no interest in the remaining teams? That there are solid mediocre programs left behind?

You seem to be agreeing with me on everything but Texas mattering to the rest of Big12 fans... As far as matchups go, Texas is about the 5th most exciting in the conference for when my team is playing...

But do continue to disprove my opinion... seems like a waste of your time.

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm not annoyed, honestly. I'm just trying to explain that everyone thinks you're dumb. I figure you think otherwise. I was actually trying to find common ground and not attack you.

You called yourself an alumni, which is a big reason why I think you're dumb. I'm not even a Longhorn fan - I enjoy their suffering.

I think you overvalue quality of recent football performance and undervalue brand and fan base money. Because of that, it's delusional to think other P5 schools will want to come to the Big 12. Only time will tell if this exit and poor leadership is enough to lead to its breakup. I tend to think it will, but I'm not fighting to my last breath thinking it's inevitable. You and your friends (nobody who posts here) are planting your flag on the other hill. Maybe you'll be proven right. What was this thread about again, lol?

Brando2101 likes this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Jezz, yall are still debating this dude or does a new guy just tag in every couple of hours.

12. Landry's Tooth

Why do i care if longhorn fans think im dumb because i don't care about them?

Seems childish....

So i ask you again, when i say other conferences won't be interested in them you think I'm wrong?

When i call them mediocre you think I'm wrong?

You just aren't making sense. I'm fine with adding a few lesser teams and plugging away. I guess you think moving to the aac is better than picking some off them to strengthen the big 12...

I just don't see what your end games is other than you're suggesting to just end the programs or go independent?

It's ironic you call me dumb but offer no other solution. Makes me think you are just trolling...

13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Apparently OU is ready bc turns out most ADs and head of universities care more about how much money they will make then how many national Championships they will win

Also not for nothing but UT finished 4th in ap ranking 12 years ago, 2nd 11 years ago and 9th 3 years ago so to say that they have been irrelevant is false

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

o lawd he still goin? lulzn

mtbrays likes this.
  15. Landry's Tooth

You haven't been banned yet for trolling?

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yee. bannedt. next

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I forgot to report you 15 years ago and it's just slipped my mind ever since then.

arkoe and mtbrays like this.
  18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I don't think you're dumb because I disagree with your takes about the long-term viability of the of the Big 12. I just disagree, but I don't care to convince you and I don't think it's impossible for you to be right. I was just pointing out to you that the theme of your posts started by your original one pondering recruiting Nebraska or whatever other P5 school - you're alone on that hill (at least on this board). And you digging in on your bullishness just makes everyone else disagree with you more, but that's the fun of debate. I'm sorry for thinking you're dumb. You should stop referring to yourself as an alumni though. Calling yourself a group of people makes you sound dumb and diminishes the other points you're trying to make.

19. Landry's Tooth

That's a weird take... i went to one of the schools so i should refrain from mentioning?

I never referred to myself as a group of people.

I am trying to figure out a rational reason for those comments other than you're on acid...

I gave you reasons why they may be able to poach another school. Saying it could never happen because of money is silly because the money is unknown at the moment.

If the Big12 put an endowment together for the champion to get 50 million with the trophy each year a delusional school like UT might think they will be the new OU in the conference and cash in every year. Settlements from OU and UT for violating bylaws they agreed to could help fund it.

There are things you are assuming which is that the conference will just do nothing to raise additional revenues.

Fox may see an opportunity with the Big12s attacks on ESPN which could be a long term broadcast option as Fox is getting squeezed by espn.

It's just weird you're so resolute that nothing can be done. They are losing 1 major program and a mediocre one. A strong nonconference schedule will be needed to establish legitimacy with OU gone. It's like you think that can't happen...

I get you think ut and ou is the only thing holding up the conference. Who is holding up the AAC? Demoting the conference from 5th to 6th isn't a big deal. They weren't getting teams in the playoffs not named OU as it was... with the additional playoff spots it makes it possible in the long run.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We are 99'ers, the 99'ers are we :hugs: