1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Exciting times ahead!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chenjy9, Jul 31, 2021.

?

Are you excited too?

1. Yes

68 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

NGL, last season kind of sucked. I say kind of, because we all knew it was going to be bad. Losing someone considered widely as one of the best GM, one of the top head coaches, one of the best generation talents of the modern NBA, one of the most fascinating and polarizing superstars of the NBA, your best forward in a while, and your best defender... that pretty much means your season is screwed. The drama and excitement really came from the down to the wire determination of whether we even got to keep our pick. The season can now be arguably concluded as we finished our draft and bring to end all of that mostly terrible uncertainty.

So yes, I realize I am being irresponsibly overly optimistic (read highly stoked) as I still ride my post-draft high. Yes, I also realize that it makes me seem like I am puking rainbows and crapping out cookies. Right now, I don't care though how stupid this can look as the upcoming season pans out. I am excited and anticipate seeing the following:

1. A core of KPJ, Green, and Wood make for a dynamic and extremely volatile offensive core. All three can deliver offensive performances for the ages as well as downright horrid due to lack of experience. While it is improbable that all three pop off tegether at a consistent rate, it should be reasonable to expect at least 2 of them to perform well together.
    2. We finally got help on D for Tate. Garuba is at minimum Luc level without the injury concerns right now. We aren't talking about great defender coming out of college; we are talking about a great defender at a professional level not too behind the NBA. You can argue that it is harder to be a good defender in the Euroleague due to having to be much more disciplined about it. Sengun is no slouch defensively either. He won't be spectacular, but I still expect him to not get pushed over. Perimeter D when ISO'd will be interesting to see though. Hopefully, it's not too tragic.
    3. Last but not least, I am looking to see what Christopher can offer as an offensive spark off the bench. It's obvious he is an aggressive scorer especially in transition. I been watching a lot more of his vids since we got him and he kind of reminds me of a lesser Tyreke Evans. The big challenge here is to see how his aggressiveness actually translates at an NBA level. If he gets that jumper consistent and going and is able to successfully catch defenders off guard, he might be the season's big surprise.

Anyone else excited?!?

#1 chenjy9, Jul 31, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    jch1911, mikenm268, kkthksbai and 7 others like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

No mention of KJ Martin? And Woods as in Christian Woods with an "S"?
    [​IMG]

It's not time to get excited about 7/8ths of our future, it's time to get excited about 100% of it!

[​IMG]

#2 don grahamleone, Jul 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  3. vator

vator Contributing Member

We’re gonna start slow, but we’re gonna finish fast.

[​IMG]

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

These are things I anticipate being added.

hakeem94, don grahamleone and Tfor3 like this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

yes. i has excite

[​IMG]

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

if i were a cat, this would be me:

[​IMG]

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fapping times.

Jontro likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3 and Jontro like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not for tankers

11. riko

riko Member

The next two years will be about progress. Each year get these guys more nba game minutes and by year 3 we should be looking at being somewhere fighting for anywhere from the 8 to 5 th seed.

chenjy9 and StevieCrossover like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I see a theme evolving.
    Porter Jr and Jalen Green have become friends

Green and Josh Christopher are friends from highschool

Sengun and Garuba are friends

Tilman wanted to remain friends with Harden, Ben McLemore, Dipo and Tucker
    by sending them where they wanted to go.

Tilman is a really nice guy. Puts friendship over winning. Reminds me of former
    Rockets owner Charlie Thomas. Right @tinman (just kidding)

eliefor3, don grahamleone and BamBam like this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Jalen Green isn't going to get us a winning team the first couple of seasons but one thing is for certain, he's going to be more fun to watch than Harden.

Let's hope he picks up Harden's scoring efficiency skills. But that is going to require him to get a lot stronger.

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

:eek:

Clutchfans it’s Fantastic!!!
    …….
    …….
    …….

17. StevieCrossover

Always exciting to have one of the top picks. Now we anticipate a star being born......or a dud.

Fullcourt likes this.
  18. CXbby

CXbby Member

If you are not excited at this point then there is no point in being a fan.

Tfor3, Kevooooo, Ramo$e and 1 other person like this.
  19. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Well said... I am also looking forward to seeing KJ's development in his second season. Curious to see what kind of leap he will make and really want to see how Kyhri Thomas plays with the new core. He was great for us the last few games he played last season, I think he plays outstanding defense too.

20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Let's see...
    - Some promising players from last year: Wood, KPJ, Tate, KMJ + wild cards in K Thomas and Armoni
    - Stunning Draft: J Green, Alpi Sungun, Garuba and JC
    - Solid FAs: Theis and Nwaba

That's a solid core, with some really exciting players to see how they've grown from last season and what they will contribute as rooks. Springle in vets in Augustin, Theis and Nwaba for defense intensity and vet leadership and that's start of a nice squad.

The only potential clouds (questions) are Wall, Gordon and House. Can Stone find them new homes? If not, how does Silas manage the minutes?

Can't wait for Summer League!

eliefor3, alethios, Kevooooo and 4 others like this.