1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2021 NBA Draft; 24th overall] Rockets select Josh Christopher

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 29, 2021.

?

Do you like the selection of Josh Christopher?

1. YES

55.5%
  2. NO

44.5%
  1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I agree 100% but handles can always be improved. Look at Steph and how much more separation he has been able to get over the years due to the ridiculous dribbling drills that he does. Decision making, not trying to do too much, shot selection will be what he needs to work on but also needs to fine tune some of his strengths to become an even better player. I am excited to see him in a more open court NBA game vs. NCAA. If you look at his highlights he is driving between 3 or even 4 people due to the crowdedness of the NCAA game. He seems to operate extremely well in space and in the open court. Can create amazing separation with handles and quickness but doesn't need to force it as much like he did in college which caused him to turn it over or make a poor decision. Similar to how players like Donovan Mitchell excelled once in the NBA. Another good comp is Norman Powell. NBAdraft.net had Powell as a comp for both Christopher and Donovan Mitchell which is interesting.

I like that he has defensive potential too so hopefully he really works on that because that will keep him on the floor. As Stone alluded to, needs to model his game similar to Jrue Holliday, Eric Gordon on defense.

Dobbizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  2. BonziWellsGOAT

Quintessential CF moment

Dobbizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Mitchell was a pick no 13. another prove you dont need to be pathetic and tank to get the franchise player...basketball iq rules!

4. vator

vator Contributing Member

And Bam went 14. Only player drafted ahead of them that you would clearly take over them is Tatum who went 3rd. Draft really is a crapshoot. The so called draft experts get it wrong every year, the people who get paid to actually scout and draft guys for a living get it wrong every year and yet some of us sit on the couch in our living rooms or at our desks at work arguing vehemently with other equally unqualified people on internet message boards about prospects like our evaluation of said players are infallible.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yes, stone said he worked out for us

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Springer backs his defender with a thicker NBA body but with weak handles. Josh beats you face up off the dribble.

HTXSportsAddict and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Let's give him a chance Dave

saleem and i3artow i3aller like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Josh is actually the bigger guy

Springer measured 6'3, 202
    Christopher measured 6'3, 215

I think Josh has bigger bones, and Springer has a smaller frame with more muscle mass giving the illusion that he's thiccer

Perhaps that's a reason why we could like JC too, he definitely looks like he can add muscle to his frame, and for his height 215 is already very big, we might be looking at a guy who will be 225 in a couple of years, Marcus Smart sized.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I agree with you Josh is caked up

10. HardenVolumeOne

cheke64, hakeem94, vator and 2 others like this.
  11. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Iam fine with this pick now that I researched him. I can see this is going to be a tight group and this includes KPJ and KMJ. Josh looks like a workhorse and is probably going to be our glue guy in the end. Stone is high on his defense potential which is something I can see him anchoring. A lot has to do with communication and leadership. These are the things we don’t see that our scouts do. I trust stone. He is building a team for us. There’s more to this than what we just see on the court. I can’t be happier with the direction we are going and what just happened on draft night.

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Exactly the vibe I get when I watch Josh. Seems to have a very similar game to Donovan and also personality plus. When Stone said they wanted to work, but have fun I think adding kids with personality and enthusiasm are going to help create that culture. I'm officially changing my vote and breaking the tie at 124/124 (I likey now).

Dobbizzle, hakeem94 and vator like this.
  13. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Some good behind the scenes footage of JC.

Whether he pans out basketball-wise or not... I like this kid's attitude.

lionaire and vator like this.
  14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Is he stupid? Lol

kevtse and J.R. like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Let him wear #13 you cowards! ;)

RasaqBoi, cheke64 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  16. H.D.

H.D. Member

Did they draft Christopher so Green would not be the shortest guy on the team?

17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Green is taller than KPJ and Tate…

Richie_Rich, clos4life and saleem like this.
  18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You know that narrative's already been obliterated right? The Mobley Mob tried and failed miserably to claim he's only 6'3. All the evidence points to the contrary. I'd say nice try, but it wasn't at all.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

JC sounds like a mature 19 year old. That gives me hope that he will work hard and get better soon.

20. vator

vator Contributing Member

Exactly. Plus Christopher measured 6’3.25 barefoot and 6’4.5 in shoes at the combine along with a 6’9.25 wingspan, 8’5 standing reach, and 215 pounds. He’s plenty big himself. He’s a tank. For comparisons sake since I keep bringing up Spida Mitchell, he measured 6’1.25 barefoot, 6’3 in shoes, 6’10 wingspan, 8’1 standing reach, and 211 pounds.

NIKEstrad, clos4life and Dobbizzle like this.