1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Happens to John Wall?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jun 24, 2021.

?

John Wall

1. Traded

139 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. Stays

134 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Buyout

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Aka these guys are really hard to trade

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hopefully sent to the Night's Watch

6. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

If Garuba comes over, I wonder if the Cavs would bite on a Wall for Love and Rubio trade.

Having a vet from your home country to help with the move would be great.

If the Cavs were looking for a starting or impactful guard in Rubio, Wall is a upgrade for that. They get off Love.. who may be easier for us to move, or could be a willing vet to help push for a play in spot (by all accounts Love is awesome with the young guys on the team, it's just the FO he has a problem with).

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cavs have a pg glut problem and are trying to move on from Sexton themselves.

Love has some anxiety issues himself, not sure if I want that kind of guy around KPJ we want him surrounded by mentally sound players who will be a positive influence on his health and mental wellbeing.

I view KPJ as a cornerstone thats why I wanted them to get Green over Mobley. Seeing KPJ pumped to play with Green makes me pumped too.

amaru and Grizzlyshark like this.
  8. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

They went out of the way to get Rubio though, im assuming for on court reasons and getting a genuine passing vet to play with Mobley. Wall ticks those boxes too and is better.

I assume they'll still be moving on from Sexton too, but also being able to move on from Love this way could be a win win (also know that Stone a relationship with the Cavs already considering the Harden trade and KPJ).

I don't see Loves mental issues as a detriment to be honest. I think him being an ambassador for mental health issues in the league is a plus. Having John Lucas's there could help too and the Rockets could be innovators in that space going forward.

Super stoked we got Green too! Plus Christopher. Seem to be building a culture with these young guys.

jch1911, Dobbizzle and Denovo like this.
  9. Denovo

Denovo Member

I personally wouldn’t peg John “Blood Gang” Wall as a good role model.

Love’s championship experience and experience overcoming his mental health problems while being in the NBA would be much more suited for a mentorship role.

On Paper at least.

Wall is probably much more relatable to KP on a personal level tho. That’s a big factor too.

Personally I’d swap Wall and Love just solely for KP and Green to start and play heavy minutes.

clos4life and Grizzlyshark like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

??? Blood gang or not JW has done lots of work for the community with his foundation in both Wash and Houston. If every millionaire in the world used JWall as a role model and used part of their insane wealth to help uplift communities the world will be a better place.

Love and Wall arent being paid to be a mentor, I'm just talking purely on their mentality. My experience with depression it doesnt go away unless your situation changes drastically, its always in the back of your mind dragging you down and it affects your mood and personality.

I dont really know if Love has overcome his issues or not, I just want KPJ with guys who love bball and are excited to be on the court.

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  11. Denovo

Denovo Member

I know Wall’s work. I’m from the DC area.

My argument was Wall’s gang affiliations would be a bigger red flag than Love’s anxiety issues when it comes to Porter specifically. Wasn’t a knock on Wall as a whole.

Love is very active as a Mental Health Advocate himself. If anything he’d be a benefit to any Rocket’s player suffering from unseen ailments.

NBA stars helping to improve their communities is commonplace.

I think Porter is fine. I wouldn’t worry too much about him at this point. The change of scenery was exactly what he needed. We’ve built a solid support system around him. He gets along well with both the players and staff. He has the right people around him if he was to take a step or two backwards.

clos4life, RasaqBoi and Grizzlyshark like this.
  12. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

where's the option for playing every other game then gets shut down post all star?

clos4life likes this.
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

jch1911 likes this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

Send him home

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Prepare for Wall to be disgruntled.

Demand a trade whether he starts or is a backup. It's the cool thing to
    do by NBA players nowadays. Wall saw how Tilman caved after Westbrook,
    Harden, Tucker sought/demanded a trade. Wall will also.

I wouldn't cater to Wall.....disrupting the future of the Rockets, Porter/Green, from
    beginning their development. Those two will sell tickets. The sooner they get
    accustomed to one another on the court the better.

The ton of rookie contracts offset the huge Wall contract that will probably be sent
    home. Wall will opt out of that final year just like CP3 is doing now. Tilman just
    has to put up with one more season of two bad contracts in Wall/EGordon.
    Rockets are transitioning their rooks to the NBA this year anyway. Not expected
    to win yet.

#116 ApacheWarrior, Jul 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  17. VoR

VoR Member

He stays until a team with deep pockets has an oh sheet moment with playoffs looming.

Either that or we trade him to the Clippers and eat some of his salary.

18. VoR

VoR Member

I will say that I think we’ll see a different Wall when given a green light to win.

ApacheWarrior and Zen Tabak like this.
  19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I think I have figured it out!

Rumors of our interest in Daniel Theis.... Bulls need a PG

So it will be S&T with Bulls

John Wall to Chicago

Bulls have about $26.4M in cap space right now

Bulls renounce rights to Cristiano Feliciono (+$14.3M)

Trade Theis into our TPE of $8M (+8M)

Wall's contract is $44.3M for this year.

Wall goes to Chicago with a wink-wink agreement that he will opt-out if the Bulls don't make playoffs (they will)

So in sum -

John Wall to Chicago for S&T of Daniel Theis for 3 years, $25.5M ($8.1M + $8.5M + $8.93M)

Chicago may even include a future SRP

Plus the Bulls wear red

@BimaThug Please check my math and logic. TY in advance ;) (just saw your twitter post re: Theis.... I like my scenario better... lol)

#119 jch1911, Jul 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    Shark44, luckyman76 and Dubious like this.
  20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If it's a next summer conversation, then we're finally to the point where his expiring contract is a great facilitating piece, before the deadline.

Forget about the buyout at that point.