1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This should be our Next Move!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Trackwell, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Chet Holmgren - Emoni Bates - Victor Wembeyemba are all coming out over the next two years !

Our quickest way to a championship is Not competing next year with Christian Wood

Its Developing our 19 and 20-year-olds And putting ourselves in the best position possible to get one of these three players!

That’s just how I see it

Mathloom and HP3 like this.
  2. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

thank you

HP3 likes this.
  3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Rubbish ! ! Like most of posts on Clutch , you have no bearing on the future of our team!
    Chris Wood is the best player on the Houston Rockets, why would we get rid of him!!!
    The new management went to a lot of trouble to get him for the team.
    He plays a most significant part of the team. Yetti

34to11, CHAMPBOY and hakeem94 like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I want Wood to stay and improve. If his development is minor, we can still package him along with our unprotected lottery pick plus Tate or KJM to get a higher pick in 2022.

5. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Because he doesn’t align with our youngsters and he’s not that good.

If he’s your best player your never winning anything. As the season went on he started to come back to Earth

6. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I can appreciate this

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  7. monster

monster Member

I think we’re still likely to be a bottom 5 next year. I know people are excited about our draft, but it takes more than exciting young players to consistently win in this league. I don’t see any way we move Wall w/o giving up crucial assets. We’ll have cap space. Let him play out his terrible contract and hopefully teach the young guns a thing or two. I like CW, but if we could move him for value, I’d be ok w it. It’s gonna be another couple of years before we’re really ready to compete. Strap in and learn to appreciate watching our guys develop. A lot to look forward to, but it’s going to take patience. Go Rockets!

bigreg and kevtse like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so simple! yet some people are natural born losers who have Ls in they blood and bones and will find all the kind of excuses to just L

34to11 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

A CLINIC

34to11, bigreg and Sluball3 like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

who are these guys? can they even beat andrew wiggins and jabbari parker one on one?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah that was exactly what okc thought of james harden
    and perhaps they were somewhat right lol

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i love it... you need some continuity...wood is a perfect player for todays nba, his ceiling is high and even if he doesnt improve hes still great modern player ...FITS ANY TEAM AND SITUATION

if he were on GSW or Lakers roster now he would be a HUGE STAR and you would hear on him 24/7 from the media

the best thing hes only 25! LOL he could play the next 10 years for us

hearing of trading him because of the timeline(HELO BRAIN!) or tanking is so insane you would think hes 31 already or something, and even if he were to happen to be 31 i would of still kept him...lololol

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Christian Wood is 25 yrs old, and had a bad year of injuries. He should bounce back and be what the rockets were hoping he is. He should be the man at Power Forward now that the rockets have the Center job lockin with youth. They might need to find a temporary Center while Segun, and Garuba get some exp.

Wall and Gordon need to be shipped to playoff teams who need them. Wall might just have to be bought out, if he agrees to dump the final year. Making him a free agent that the Clippers can sign.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. StevieCrossover

Have all the draft picked players sent to the D league and win a championship there.

Have John Wall lead the tank squad for a #1 pick in 2022.

15. The geth & the reaper

Imagine getting Tyrese Halliburton instead of James wiseman

34to11 and Sluball3 like this.
  16. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even with the talent we just acquired, it’s not likely to translate into wins immediately. They are going to have all sorts of different lineups as they figure out who works well together. There will also be injuries. These guys are going to see things in the NBA that they’ve never seen before. The losses are going to come on their own.
    Also, the NBA has tried to prevent true tank jobs where the worst record in the league only guarantees you a top 5 pick. Being one of the worst 7 or so still gives you a pretty good shot at moving up in the draft. We got Sengun at #16. We have a good GM that’s going to get us a good player wherever we draft. That’s likely in the top 10 no matter how hard we try to win this year.

bigreg, D-rock, Trackwell and 5 others like this.
  17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I get what you are saying, but I think the main reason to trade him is a possibility of him being injury prone...that is my biggest concern...

jcmoon likes this.
  18. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He’s only signed for two more years. Either he stays healthy and helps all of the younger guys improve their games, or he’s hurt and does little to improve our team. He will be coming off our books so at the same time as Wall. If he’s not worth keeping, we let him walk. If he has been productive, we have decisions to make. We can evaluate him along with the guys from the draft and decide if we want to re-sign him. If we’ve seen enough growth from drafted players and want to move on, he will have a very friendly expiring contract that will be very easy to move. You would likely have contending teams outbidding each other for him.

My point is that there really isn’t any need to do anything with Wood right now. He’s not hurting this team in any way and should have even more value down the road.

bigreg and D-rock like this.
  19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I agree with you agreeing with me.

also lotto picks have about a 50/50 chance of panning out. chances are 2 of KPJ, green, Şengün and our 2022 pick will command the max. Al is in the mix because he was supposed to go early lotto, 2022 is likely another top 5 pick even if we keep wood. so if we are probably adding 2 max guys in the next 2 years, hopefully of them earn the max, then there's no place on the cap sheet for wood. it would be like having to trade harden because you already paid ibaka.

jcmoon likes this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sacramento Kings philosophy......

Where bad is good and good is bad.

Has worked out great for the King's.

All those players the 76ers have drafted have come and gone:
    Nerlens Noel, Orator, MCW, Rachaun Holmes, Fultz and now Ben
    Simmons is leaving. All that tanking and for what? End up with
    one Embiid with T Maxey, Thybulle, Shake Milton?

Seems like we got that with one draft......Sengun, Garuba, Green added
    to Kevin Porter. Getting too greedy may be your downfall

34to11, hakeem94 and jcmoon like this.