1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OKC gets future first-round NBA draft pick, Derrick Favors from Utah Jazz

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 30, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If you don't know what It means then I don't know what to say.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

"OKC's Sam Presti has traded the entire 2034 first round for [insert superstar here]."

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly, not only could they be a superstar but complete team control for like 5+ seasons...and of course some of them can be transcendant players.

It's going to be very difficult for a team to trade in to the top 5, it happens, but usually the team trading out of the top 3 are getting a HOF player, like when the Celtics acquired Garnett.

OKC trading into the top 3 at the very least would have required Shai...and at that point what is point?

If Green wins ROY would it be a good idea to then trade him for another top 3 pick? It's just kicking the can down the road at that point. I mean, I guess it would make sense if the Rockets found out he was lazier than advertised and they felt ROY was his peak (which is the case sometimes...) but I really don't think OKC's strategy is working for them.

I mean they came into the draft with no center...passed on the 2nd best center prospect in the draft...and now I guess have Derrick Favors and MORE first round picks.

Also, people say "Well they are building assets for a major trade for when a big star wants out." Except...why would anyone want to go to OKC? It's not only a small market (perhaps the smallest market in all of the NBA even) BUT they are a bad team.

Presti would probably be a great GM for the Knicks. I imagine this strategy would work a lot better for them because they could then say trade those picks for Lillard or something.

5. H.D.

H.D. Member

Nobody says that,. nut-swallower.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sure they do, dick-cheese.