1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What forwards should we be targetting?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HROZ, Jul 30, 2021.

1. HROZ

HROZ Member

Obi Toppin?
    New York have Randle.
    Maybe a future 1st & House would be enough to grab him. They get a player at a position of need & spacing.

John Collins?
    Can we clear enough cap space to make a bid? Is he worth it?

OG Anunoby
    OG is on a reasonable salary for the next 4 years. One of the best 3&D players out there.
    Could we do Gordon & some 1st for him. At 24 he's got a decade of strong basketball ahead of him.

Sekou Doumbouya?
    Seems to be behind Grant, Bey & Jackson in the rotation. With Cade probably getting some F minutes. Not sure what they want.
    But I'd be willing to give up House (who can space & play the 2) and an early 2nd for him.

Brandon Ingram?
    If Pelicans decide he isn't the one. What is everyone's option of his fit with PorterJr Green Wood.
    We would have to give up half the 1st we got in the Harden trade and House & Gordon. But he has high upside & his 3 ball is dropping consistently. Could be a top 10 player in the league. Only 23 years of age.

Marvin Bagley?
    Sacramento are keen to get rid of him.
    Opinion on Bradley & House for Bagley & early 2nd?
    He hasn't shown much but he might be a piece with some game time.

Jarred Vanderbilt?
    With McDaniels ahead of him in the rotation & TWolves viewing both seemingly as pure PFs. I think House and an early 2nd should be enough to grab him.

Any other forwards we could trade for.
    Maybe there's a free agent you think we should make a run at.

With Sengun Garuba & Wood I think our Centre minutes look competitive now. (Though 1 more C would be nice (Esp as I want Rockets to start Wood at PF) )

While we have too many guards
    Green PorterJr Christopher Thomas Gordon Wall (maybe Brooks)

While we probably need more competition at Forward. Tate MartinJr needing competition for minutes.
    Esp as it appears House won't re sign next season so he has to be on the trade block or he might be leaving for nothing.

Corrosion and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Paolo Banchero. Wait till next year, we are having fun.

3. Rockets4Life13

There’s a limited amount of shots to go around. At some point u need role players too.

We have JG, KPJ, Wood and probably Sengun right now to take most of the shots.

we need to wait and see how they develop. Them surround them with complementary pieces that cover for their weaknesses.

hakeem94 and clutchdabear like this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Kenyon Martin jr
    Tate
    House (may have gotten his thumb out of his *** since being demoted 2 notches)

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harry Giles

18pbr and groovemachine like this.
  6. StevieCrossover

Morey and dtoni small ball? No forwards taller than 6'6" please. Small ball kinda messed up a potential deep play off team.

Crashlanded19 and saleem like this.
  7. Milos

Milos Member

Bring home Justice Winslow for half of TPE with a team option for next year

sydmill, hakeem94, lionaire and 2 others like this.
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Vanderbilt is 22 with untapped potential. Plays hard and is a great kid from a good family.

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

If we retain olynyk, I don’t see any need for a forward. All of our bigs can play center or power forward. More concerned with reliable 3 and d wings. Can’t get enough of those.

And moving off the older guards eventually, of course.

Corrosion, clutchdabear and jch1911 like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Is he healthy enough?

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wish we could get him for House.

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe this is the season.

13. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Hopefully we can move EG and Wall before the deadline and not lose any assets overall in doing so. That would be my goal. We have 4 youngsters that need time to develop.

raining threes likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t really want to sign or trade for anyone.

Next year Griffin will be available in the draft and will be over shadowed by 2-3 guys getting the headlines, but he will be a very good target for the Rockets.

Let the younger players play and develop. Silas cannot coach or lead alpha veterans, we will see if he can at least develop young players. Good man, good mentor but wasn’t a good enough leader last year.

jcmoon, sydmill, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Do we need any really if all the draft picks are coming in straight away? Garuba might play center for Real Madrid, but he'd be better suited as a PF who slides in as a small ball center in the NBA. Makes sense to pair his D with Wood and Sengun's offensive abilities, especially if he can get a consistent corner 3. The 3 spot should be covered with Tate and KJ, KJ can also slide to the 4 in small ball lineups because he's Spiderman and can jump over houses. Even if we moved Wall, House and EG you've got KP, Augustin, Green, Thomas and Christopher. If we planned on retaining a sniper like Brooks (I doubt it) or picking up any other players there's only so much room on the roster. If we were to add one as another piece for the rebuild somehow in return for the aforementioned trades then we should look more at a wing who can slide between the 2-3 spots. I'd prioritise 3 and D and get the best person we can without giving away any of our immediate draft capital to do it. If we could move the vets with some long off picks to clear room for a solid FA wing who's a lockdown defender and tie them up for a few years I'd probably do it.

raining threes likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Rev up the tank!

17. awc713

awc713 Member

tank commander wall at the helm. I would love to add another top 3 pick, next year looks nice.

groovemachine and raining threes like this.
  18. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Rockets should only pick up players that are low value in hopes to potentially trade them for picks later Ala okc. We will need those picks to get rid of wall and maybe gordon

19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Why is House not re-signing? Is he pursuing his rap career full time? Based on his instagram, he seems 100% committed to his rap career, very little about basketball on his page or stories.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes!

Or even Damion Collins.