1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jersey number font pissing me off

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 30, 2021.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Anyone else really bothered or at least surprised that we still have not changed the number font to match the letters? Its not even about that, it’s that we still have the same number font since 2011 - and ironically did not match the letters whereas before (2003-2010) it did - and we’ve changed look completely!

A re-design but you keep the number font, one that you stole / copied from the Pacers in the first place?! To me it’s so infuriating that professional designers get away with such lazy and lackadaisical work. I won’t buy any jersey with such a mismatch and out of principle, which almost made me buy those NASA white ones when we had Westbrook.

Ubiquitin and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Still don't know why we can't go back to the championship era jerseys with a slight modern flair. Like it's so ****ing simple.

4. JW86

JW86 Member

That’s not the point though and I actually find it odd that in all these years I’ve pointed it out, not many people have acknowledged it. And when they do, it’s not an issue or I get mocked for caring.

So please, can people at least recognize what I’m saying as it’s 100% factual in terms of the font not changing with the redesign and how it is exactly like the Pacers had back then?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Actually, I'm much more concerned about the number of wins.

Jontro and ico4498 like this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

Good for you, now buzz off ;)

topfive likes this.
  7. DonatelloLimestone

pic is not details, but even the retro reds have red pinstripes. Sublte. Great touch of blending our retro/nostalgia clutchc roots with a modern timeless design. Even the pajamas are here.

I'm all for it, get this, tilman and you take my cash[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

Good lord…we are not the Bobcats!

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It would be the perfect time for a logo/Jersey rebranding. Black yellow red white. We have awesome colors for a team we just don’t know to use them.

DonatelloLimestone and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It seems appropriate for completely new jerseys that happen back to the old days. A new era for sure.

Clutch City1993 and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Thanks for the emoji. I'd have stewed on that response for hours without it. :D

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

we need to match the font with credit karma money to bring good karma

Clutch City1993 and ElPigto like this.