1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jalen Green] “I need to Lock in, Focus on my craft, and get that Rookie of the Year”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jalen Green OnlyFan, Jul 30, 2021.

?

Does Jalen win Rookie of the Year?

1. Yes

167 vote(s)
    70.5%
  2. No

70 vote(s)
    29.5%
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'll wait to see him play to decide if he's being selfish or not.

I worry he'll go into games trying to drop 20 no matter what to get that ROY instead of playing within the team but I said before the draft I always did like his swagger.

You gotta believe you can do something before you can do it.

Crashlanded19, Rudyc281 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[Jalen Green] “I need to Lock in, Focus on my craft, and get that Rookie of the Year”

[​IMG]

That’s what I want to here from our #1 pick!!! :)

Clutchfans it’s Fantastic!!!
    …….
    …….
    …….

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I've been on the Jalen train for a while now, but I don't really like the focus on the individual goals.

But I'm less concerned with what comes out of a person's mouth than I am with what their actions show, and we will see soon enough what type of player and teammate he is.

4. vator

vator Contributing Member

Meanwhile Mobley feeling the pressure of being picked 3rd while Green is motivated that he wasn’t picked 1st.

5. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Most likely outcome tbh. Sorry Carl Lewis.

DeBeards, c1utchfan925, Tfor3 and 3 others like this.
  6. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Yes to this.

DeBeards, Tfor3 and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Seems very fair.

DeBeards, saleem and Tfor3 like this.
  8. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Jalen:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

some of y’all already reaching in this thread…keep it up and I’m gonna have to call a personal foul

of course these guys want to establish themselves 1st and rack up the individual accolades…those things matter a lot

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

I’d honestly be much more concerned if he was talking about winning a championship next year because then I’d think he was delusional.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

When I heard Mobley speak for the first time last night I knew we made the right choice. Mobley is soft spoken, sounds meek and unconfident. I bet this will translate to his play. He will play like a soft big man.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not concerned at all, all those young bucks have that chip on their shoulder.

The goal is to get better every season, add another weapon or gear every offseason.

He just does not sound intelligent saying those things prematurely. Silence is golden.

ROY and MIP are sweet but overrated. It suffices to be in the convo, being Top 3 in those award rankings.

Perennial Allstar and All NBA selections are where it's at.

burlesk likes this.
  13. bongman

bongman Member

I hope he wins ROY 5 straight years

Williamson, comrade, Tfor3 and 4 others like this.
  14. DonatelloLimestone

Yea, lets understand that these guys are 19

he has all the talents and tools to be elite, it will take the maturity and of course support of team/staff to get there. As Giannis said, he didn't do it alone. People get that, even MJ and kobe had grace of maturity towards teh end that winning takes a team. Just like harden, lebron, MJ all dominated individually for 7 or so years, that long, and then came to I need help to win in the nba. Kobe demanded a trade or help, all these guys excelled indiviudally and with time they figured it out

Devin Booker was celebrating a 72 point game in a boston LOSS. Now hes in the finals with Chris Paul saying hes one of the most old souls hes met.

Patiences is tough day and age, last season tested it. This one will be better with health and talent, but itll' be a long season of young pups. hopefully we jump faster than we're supposed to, but it will still take patience. Not only are our players young and 1-2 year players, so is our coach and GM. WE have al ot to look forward to though.

Our job now is to surround him with a culture and mindset of growth and winning. Get in vets who've done things individually before, wo have won as a team, a support team/staff with the same mentality. Like OKC or not Russ/KD/HArden talked abotu when they were tehre the whole environment was about comign to work, competing, and trying to hoop as much as they can. we need to create that for the young guys. Do we have that locker room leader right now hwo is organizating the offseason workouts?
    it ain't wall
    Lets find em.

raining threes, hakeem94 and burlesk like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

people on here want to be lied to and hear nothing but cliche platitudes

16. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

If that’s not already in the works, I’d be almost surprised if JG didn’t get that to happen…. Being the gym rat he is said to be.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Most likely Wood.

DeBeards, raining threes and burlesk like this.
  18. DonatelloLimestone

yep thats the compliment I hope we get for all the young players and the culture to build on.

burlesk likes this.
  19. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Exactly, nothing about the way jalen treats his teammates and coaches is ever selfish

these quotes are just confidence. He’s going to be about team ball, always has been.

Tfor3 and burlesk like this.
  20. VanityHalfBlack

I hope when he scores 50 the homer announcer goes, 'now that's the slime in the ice machine!' Rockets win!!

Tfor3 likes this.