1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With McCormick in the 8 hole, Astros now clearly boast the best hitting lineup in all of the majors

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Yordan The Great, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Yordan The Great

By a wide margin.

This rivals the 2017 Astros lineup.

McCormick in only 37 hits, 32 runs scored and 35 RBIs. That's unheard of production.

He gives us a tremendous amount of pop that we didn't have in Straw. We don't lose much speed with McCormick. The kid deserves this chance, he's earned it!

dcfma, tmoney1101, Stephen66 and 3 others like this.
  2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If the Astros liked McCormick that much he would have been starting a while back.

This is almost certainly Meyers job to lose.

3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I really hope they will give Meyers a chance. I like Chas and think he will continue to be productive but I liked Straw's ability to work the count and get on base which allowed us to get to the top of the lineup at bat quicker at the very least. Still assume Chas's power at the bottom of the lineup is the more desired skill in the playoffs but worried that if he is not hitting bombs then what?

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

How much of Straw playing all the time was Baker? Maybe Click was forcing Bakers hand a little bit.

5. Yordan The Great

They traded Straw because they loved what McCormick was doing at the plate and the increased productivity over anything Straw could ever provide.

Meyers is a non story other than filling a roster spot.

He's next year's news when spring training comes around.

dcfma likes this.
  6. Yordan The Great

I wonder about this too.

I'm not sold on Baker as a manager as he appears to be set in his ways with the way he was using Raley time and time again, when he should have optioned back to the minors.

I thought McCormick should have split time at the least in center with Straw. And yet he could only see part time duty spot starting.

We have to pray Baker manages this team properly as we are set to win it all from a talent perspective.

dcfma and everyday eddie like this.
  7. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

If he can continue to come close to his production in AAA he’s a fantastic upgrade of Straw and a good asset moving forward.

dcfma likes this.
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its possible they do or did, but needed value back for Straw. If that was their plan, it worked to perfection.

9. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

Baker doesn't necessarily start people because they're good.

rockbox likes this.