1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Russell Westbrook as a Los Angeles Laker thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Actually, everyone had them strong in the playoffs before the season began but after seeing their performance they then wrote them out.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the Lakers just want someone to carry the team outside of Lebron.

Lebron really was stressed out about missing games last season, complaining about it because he felt like if he didn't play, the team would lose. So my guess is that's where he approved this trade. He can sit out, Russ can be Russ those games, and the team can thread water for an aging superstar and an oft-injured Robin.

As for how it works in the playoffs, well, that's always been the question for Russ...but if anyone can get Russ to not jack up ill-fated threes it's Lebron. Lebron seems to do a good job of keeping guys in their lane and sacrificing for the team.

Lakers simply didn't have many options.

CP3 looks like he's returning to PHX. Lowry is going to want a big contract still. Like I don't know what else was out there for them to improve.

People highly overrate Buddy too. More to the game than shooting, Buddy doesn't help you win games, he just hits an open shot every now and then. Lakers can sign shooters for the vet min and the usual ring chasing vets after the deadline...and Buddy seems to be the kind of shooter that gets tight in clutch moments, at least from what I've seen.

The fit might be odd but Lebron's made it work with Wade and I see the same kind of thing with Russ. Wade wasn't necessarily a floor spacer but the constant pressure of Wade and Lebron broke teams and I feel if anyone is going to get Russ playing at his best it is Lebron. Maybe I think too highly of Lebron's leadership qualities though.

FrontRunner and daywalker02 like this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think they are just going to be too past their primes. Isn't Carmelo going there as well?

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's possible that yeah their core...Lebron and now Westbrook, are just past their primes and won't be good enough to ever win again.

I still think this was the biggest splash move they could have made. I don't know if getting a shooter like Buddy would have helped them that much.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you got Russ, you need shooters around him.

He is still a good player if he contains himself but even a wild Russ is entertaining to say the least.

He plays the 3rd fiddle and occasionally the 2nd one.

It's all on AD's injury prone arse now.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Keeping Horton Tucker is not a bad thing and increase his role.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

CP3 should go to the Lakers, I know it's not him but getting a guaranteed ring is still very underrated.

He has proven his point to be the leader on several teams now.

How much money does he want to make......

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kawhi chose wrong in the end.

He most likely would have more ships now than with Paul George.

LAC might buy a whole lot of very good players but they do not have that championship spirit around that franchise.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yup they got written out way too early like 5-10 games into the season.

10. riko

riko Member

Westbrick, Le brick and le walking injury Davis. What can go wrong besides no floor spacing. Two aging stars who can’t shoot or play off the ball . Davis a walking injury. It’s only matter of time before Russ will get fed up and wants Russ to be Russ after watching Lebron dominate the ball and vice versa

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The West is getting messier at the top. I have serious doubts about Westbrook making the Lakers markedly better. The Mavs are in a perfect position to add pieces to Luka and be a legit title threat again...just not sure they will get that done.

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Based on the trace of trades of both CP3 and Westbrook, the Rockets is clearly the joke of franchises involved in all these transactions.

OKC got tons of value in the CP3 trade. Now DC not only able to get rid of the worse contract in the NBA, but they also got very positive returns for traing Westbrook away.

kjayp likes this.
  13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Look at what the Wiz got for WB… and contrast with what we got…

not knocking Stone… but rather showing the vast difference in return our teams dysfunction cost us… smh…

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hindsight is 20/20, but they were 19-33 and basically dead in the water, before going 15-5 in their last 20 games.

Wizards were not a good team. They were just fortunate that there are other teams worse than them.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The point is to try out any new garment......year by year someone new.

16. xaos

xaos Member

Lakers will have Lebron sit out for the majority of the first half of the season and let Russ get his triple doubles, trade him mid season to Miami, then go into the playoffs fresh LOL

17. Nook

Nook Member

Lowe is absolutely RIPPING Westbrook on the Lakers.

Invisible Fan and tmoney1101 like this.
  18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Jalen just said that Washington got more for Westbrook than the rockets got for harden. How in the **** can you be taken seriously with ridiculous takes like that?

19. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jalen has fallen off big time.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

More hilarious if Jalen Green plays Harden in the Finals. ;)