1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Grade Stone’s first draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Jul 29, 2021.

1. a time to chill

I just really hope these draft picks pan out. At this point I trust that Stone got it right.

banzai likes this.
  2. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

If Stone can move Wall and not deplete his draft capital that would be awesome. As it has been stated many times, that wi be tough over the next two seasons.

Bad thing is Wall will not get much playing time with KPJ and now Green here. Only thing we can hope is when he’s on the floor his +\- diff is insane so much to the point that some team thinks “he’s back”! Poppy-****!

3. liveguy

liveguy Member

I hope the Rockets bring in Hakeem often to work with Sengun.

His footwork around the basket is already high level as is...

Add some of that Dream seasoning and that dude gonna be solid AF!

burlesk, banzai, clutchdabear and 3 others like this.
  4. showa13

showa13 Member

Seems like the consensus is that the Rockets came away the big winners, along with Detroit and Orlando

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. rocketsmetalspd

A+ For having the picks he had and the future picks to get another pick in this year's draft! We all got second hand Stoned!! H-Town Crazy!! Go Rockets!!

What a great way to begin the Rebuild process!!

clutchdabear likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What doesn't he get? Stone went into the draft needing a perimeter player, a defensive-minded front court player and a big that could potentially start at the 4 or 5. He came out of the draft checking all three boxes.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

well he needs to provide the necessary tools and people to develop them.. head coaches, asst coaches, defensive coaches, shooting coaches, veterans, etc..

and make the coaches, players, and rookies accountable

10. daytripper

daytripper Member

Sengun and Garuba are foreign players who never get the respect.

steddinotayto likes this.
  11. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Came for a poll…

Verbal Christ likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

I get where he is coming from. Christopher is someone that is viewed as a score first guard and the Rockets already have Porter and Green.

There are questions about Wood defensively, and Sengun is not a great defender to put next to Wood. They did get a really strong defender in the draft but there are questions about whether he is good enough offensively to stay on the court.

It can be viewed as a weird mix, but what I don't think they get is that the Rockets are largely going for talent and fit and minutes will be figured out later.

burlesk, amaru and steddinotayto like this.
  13. MystikArkitect

A+.

Stephen A Smith of all people made an interesting point about "motor". He said if you ever get your motor questioned in a league that isn't even the NBA, it's a little bit of a red flag. He was talking about Cade and his implication was that he may be of the belief that Jalen will turn out to be the better NBA player.

This is the common denominator with these picks. They are all high motor. The ball movement here is going to be off the chain. If motor is as important to Rockets brass as they make it seem, I doubt Mobley was even on the table.

Unreal draft on the surface. Rockets have done a speed run on the rebuild.

burlesk and tmoney1101 like this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I agree on all points but if people that write/analyze NBA basketball on a regular basis didn't/don't get that Stone was trying to acquiring as much talent as possible on a team that finished the with worst record in the NBA that included a 20 game losing streak they might need find something else to write about.

burlesk likes this.
  15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Christopher is a G League stash that will move into the guard rotation once Wall and Gordon are gone. Remember the plan is two or three years away from fruition.

burlesk and tmoney1101 like this.
  16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I’m sure this has already been posted but what the hell I’ll post it again.

burlesk likes this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Raphael "Bones" Stone gets an A+.

burlesk likes this.
  18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

James Harden who?!!?!

burlesk likes this.
  19. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

No doubt. I bet his shot blocking will go through the roof... just like what happened with Clint. He sets really solid pics too that I’ve seen. Plus.. Sengun already pretty athletic and rugged for a big man... polar opposite of wood. He’s also young as hell.

burlesk and liveguy like this.
  20. amaru

amaru Member

Morey (like so many others) ran away from Tilman’s dumpster fire as fast as possible. But I understand you. Keep hope alive.