1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

So excited!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dkoune, Jul 30, 2021.

1. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

It’s all coming together so beautifully! Just an absolutely incredible draft! Well look back and see how special this draft was!

Green at two! Kudos to Stone for actually following through! How easy it could have been for him to get swayed towards Mobley!
    Sengun at 16 though! Wow! Where did that come from!?! This guy was the second best rated big in The draft behind Mobley and the Rockets got him at 16! The Rockets potentially have their Twin towers in Wood and Sengun and the second coming of the splash brothers! Not to mention the cherry on top with Garuba who has a crazy motor and can be the defensive anchor to this dynamic offensive team!

exciting times ahead!!

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Stone has been lights out since taking over. I’m even seeing other teams fanbases get jealous of the potential of this team.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

4. riko

riko Member

Don’t sleep on the young Turk. Watch his foot work and offensive awareness around the rim. He also looks like he can be a very handy passer with natural playmaking instincts. DMO like. Hopefully not Omar the iron sheikh Asik like

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this. I do think some time developing in the G league so he can be ready when he steps on the nba floor will be good for him. Let's see how ready this guy is.

6. riko

riko Member

I would probably keep him in Europe for another year or two till his body develops and then bring him over. He is only 18 I think Stone sees him as a player that will become a key cog in a couple of more years.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

8. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Clutch tweeted that Givony from DraftExpress believes he will actually play 25 to 30 minutes a game and despite Green's claim, Sengun has a good chance of being Rookie of the Year

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, it doesn't make sense to play the old guns heavy minutes when you have talents on the bench.

Red.Glare and juanming like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

dkoune, TimDuncanDonaut and Jontro like this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Jalen and Usman and "Jaygup", oh my! Jalen and Usman and "Jaygup", oh my! Jalen and Usman and "Jaygup", oh my!
    [​IMG]

Props to all of you that changed your avatar based on this draft. (including ^ @Red.Glare )

Edit ;) : needed a Meme boyz... this one's for Alperen->
    [​IMG]

#11 don grahamleone, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    dkoune and Red.Glare like this.
  12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Stone has done an absolutely amazing job of adding talent in one year. Wood, Porter, Martin Jr., Tate, Green, Sengun, Garuba and Christoper.

I'm not saying all those guys can or will be stars, but to so quickly go from zero young upside players to 8 this quickly is impressive as hell. None of the picks we got for Harden has even come into play yet. Aside from the stupid choice to take Oladipo over LeVert, Stone is almost pitching a perfect game in my book.

I still am extremely gun shy thanks to f**kface writing the checks, but Stone looks like the real deal.

13. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

So we got the player with probably the highest ceiling in Green - we have the most intriguing prospect in Sengün (18 year old MVP in a top 5 league in the world) and we have the best defender in the draft with a very high motor. Add to that another explosive scorer that can defend. Oh and all our first four rounders are teenagers, three of whom have been playing against grown men the past year.

I hated how we lost Morey, CP3 and Harden - but at least it is exciting to be a Rockets fan once again...

dkoune and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

this scene is both lelz and faps

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think we will have an exciting team. We will also lose a lot, so hopefully we get to pick in the top 3 again next year :D.

But at least we will see some highlights!

Stone gets an A+ on this draft.

dkoune and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Show gal.

Jontro likes this.