1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey AS Philly GM

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Nov 18, 2020.

1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

losing on purpose is exactly how the rockets got that player in your screen name that lead us to 2 titles......

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

are you trying to justify losing on purpose and the loser mentality?

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Yes…..i’m happy the rockets lost on purpose to get hakeem. I’m sure spurs fans are happy they did that to get duncan, and warriors fans are happy they threw games to get curry and klay

roslolian likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

then you're just a bunch of desperate, pathetic, no-life losers and no amount of rings awarded by the fraudulent commisioner can change that...its like you bought your way to the title...its not fun its, its not dignified and its not the real winning..its like winning with the allstar team vs scrubs...SMH its like beating the video game with a cheat code.... its weak, its pathetic, unsportmanslike and unsatisfying...its a negation of sports...

theres no substitute for winning! its the right way, its the only way!

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

So you’re upset and think the 2 rockets titles are worthless?

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what an irony! i remember when philly traded away jrue just after he made an allstar team and i wondered why....

DreamShook and J.R. like this.
  7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

How in the hell is it beating the video game with a cheat code? Beating the video game with the cheat code is the Lebron/Wade/Bosh Heat. Building a team the hard way, from the ground up, is hardly the easy route. And besides - this losing intentionally thing is overblown. Losing comes naturally when you're young. A team with an average age of 21 is never going to be competitive in the NBA. But you can draft a bunch of young kids and develop them to eventually be contender. In recent history the Warriors were primarily built organically from the ground up. The Suns were too. The Bucks were. And the Hawks were.

It's so weird to me that anybody is opposed to this. To me, what is weak and pathetic is being so impatient you can't see the big picture and appreciate watching a team of young players with high potential learn to be competitive in the NBA. Seriously, you need to chill. Go watch some KPJ, KMJ, Christian Wood highlights and get hyped.

8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Maybe not at PG. Potentially at center or PF.

I don't think he should be on the table for a top 5 pick like ours though. But, I could see a team biting for a mid to late lotto pick. The idea would be to convert him to a 6'11 Draymond Green.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly. I don't understand why he is used as a PG. A guy who can't shoot shouldn't be playing outside in half court offense. He can be a very rich man's Capela. Get rebounds, play defense, roll to the basket for easy dunks, AND he can handle the ball on fast breaks and do some great passing in the paint.

BallSoHarden and Jontro like this.
  10. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

4FRP, 3 swaps and a young player. Morey thinks Simmons is Harden lol Dude got run out of Philly but thats their asking price wtf

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He could of had Harden but decided to be stingy. Stupid stupid stupid. He should of known he was dealing with Tilman and he couldn't afford to get cute with negotiations, especially after Harden decided to take a huge **** on the team.

roslolian likes this.
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Meh, you know Morey was just drunk on a beach somewhere trolling other GMs with trade scenarios. He's probably back in Philly now doing draft work, and looking through his chat history with a smirk.

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Rich Paul and Klutch will make sure their client gets to a big market.

Simmons to the Knicks for:

#19, #21, 2023 1st from Dallas, 2022 1st from New York, 2024 1st from New York, Obi Toppin and Mitchell Robinson.

Basically a ho-hum platter of players and picks.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why the hell would the Knicks do that for a dude who cant shoot? They need scoring and shooting to play alongside RJ and Randall lol

BallSoHarden likes this.
  17. steddinotayto

Knicks love to Knicks. #keystoachampionshipformulaorsomethinglikethat

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Knicks love to chase big names Simmons is far from a big name right now he a meme after he passed that dunk.

I can see them making that trade and including swaps for Lowry before Ben Simmons cmon

BallSoHarden and steddinotayto like this.
  19. steddinotayto

I mean if you think about it and remember how everyone on their roster was so scared to shoot the ball in the playoffs (Randle included) getting Simmons would be the perfect marriage.

Nook likes this.
  20. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Hey Warriors, please make that offer for Paul George.