1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

I know what he meant, was a play on words.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don't mess with my fun!
    ;-)

D-rock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

It's not in my daily vocab, but after this I'm thinking of sneaking it at a work meeting tomorrow.

Ramo$e and Deckard like this.
  4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Yep, watched it all year, and Edwards is the better pro, not even close.

5. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Suggs: Brandon Roy
    Cade: Shaun Livingston
    Green: Iggy/Stackhouse/Arenas
    Mobley: Jamison/McDyess

TimDuncanDonaut and hakeem94 like this.
  6. vator

vator Contributing Member

7. thekad

thekad Member

These are the worst comps I’ve ever seen.

D-rock, Reeko, seclusion and 11 others like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Guess you didn’t read it closely. I mean saying a pro after a year is better then an unknown rookie. What a revelation. Cade is easily better than Edwards coming out of college. Wasn’t even close. Someone who actually follows college on a regular basis would know that. Not the case here with you

Reeko and ElPigto like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

League sources say teams continue to pepper the Pistons with offers for the no. 1 pick in hopes of selecting Cade Cunningham. As of late Wednesday night, executives around the league are still predicting that Detroit will stay put and draft Cunningham, but there is at least increased chatter about the possibility of a trade down, or an outright selection of Jalen Green. Green had an outstanding workout with Detroit last week that has, at the very least, left some front office members considering the possibilities. Still, Cunningham remains the favorite to have his name called first Thursday night.

D-rock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

Thor keeps falling, now all the way down to 40. You can see how difficult this is, as I've seen him in the 20 range only a couple of days ago.

D-rock, saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

that's shocking to me. factor in his fluidity for his size/length, his defense, and his age!?!

sure it might take time but he is a 1st round talent imo.

D-rock, saleem and jakedasnake like this.
  12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thor's a workout/combine monster, but how good a basketball player is he? Does he have it in him to translate all these physical measurables onto the hardwood?

D-rock, jakedasnake, ipaman and 2 others like this.
  13. 19bernardo87

19bernardo87 Member

I've never seen him play, but I think a Rockets shirt with "THOR" on the back would be cool. Especially since he wears #10, which is also a cool number if you are a football/soccer fan.

That's my JT Thor draft "analysis".

D-rock likes this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

I'm guggling if Troy Weaver is married... (apparently he is). I can't imagine how his fiancee (at the time) felt, about his commitment issues and when he finally proposed! :p

D-rock and Mr Woods like this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He needs time. I believe he can become a very good player in 3 years if he works hard. He has shown genuine flashes in college. His upside is better than many players expected to go ahead of him. I don't think he will fall below 35.

D-rock and Plowman like this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's possible. If it's true, then Cade could become a Houston Rocket. I believe he will emerge as the best player out of this draft, even in the long run.

sirjesse likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I kind of see it though...hot take, I think Cade has the most bust potential out of all three.

Not as athletic as the other two, that TO rate is worrying, and if his handle can't get him past NBA defenders he basically becomes just a really nice wing to have. Nowhere close to Luka.

I'm worried that too many people are looking too hard for the next Luka and I don't know if he's it and it'll be some time until we see the next Luka.

I'm not saying I would cry if we draft him...I just don't think he's tiers above the other two top 3 guys.

At the end of the day, Detroit isn't trading down because the Rockets are not trading up (And they are not trading out of the top 3...) and they'll go with the safe pick which is Cade.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Green excited me more, for sure. I've gotten myself pumped for Green. I'll be a little disappointed of we don't get him, honestly, but I'll be very happy either way.

D-rock and JayGoogle like this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's it for me too. Green and Mobley excite me more than Cade personally.

I'll be happy to have either of these guys though, they could all be all NBA players and hopefully they all will be...at least they are not going to a conference rival.

D-rock and Two Sandwiches like this.