1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets stonewalled: no individual workout w/ Mobley nor Suggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 25, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

I don't see it this way
    I don't get the tilman only fans
    Shooting coaches, personalized staff, an infrastructure to develo, new faciliaties are all the new bar on a league that has money growing on trees and a tv deal that will raise the bar

So not doing these things and investing in our franchise hurts the Rockets. So if you are calling for now, while we're rebuilding adn saving money, to spend elsewhere on infrastrucutre then how are you not wanting the best for rockets?

On the other hand ,excusing all this, mind you that tilman promised he'd do in 2017, is just defending the only beneficiary of not doing this s tuff...which is an owner, not the city, not fans(remember we publicly funded toyotca center, the profit off of it) not the players, or team
    just the owner

so when we see Balmer spend big money not just on a new arena, branding, cutting minimum contracts and eating it, on new training and recovery devices...are we wondering why all the palyers are looking at the lowly clippers?

Or when we see the nets owner build new facilities, cut a blank check no questiosn asked...are we wondering why players are choosing the formerly lowly nets?

Or how about the warriors, an owner worth a quarter of ours, spending on luxury tax while his star is tehre even when they cant win like last year, investing in new facilities, and spending with long term branding in mind took a team in oakland no one wanted to goto and now they are an international brand and a destination.

So thats the writing on the wall, the league money is growing. And people rooting on us being cheap to save ONE MAN money at the detriment of the team are the ones to me that don't seem like they are rooting for the rockets

CAn you imagine bucks fans saying NO don't pay PJ, he scores 0, eh wont help us win, save on your margins Marc LArsy....
    Or Warriors fans, LACOB tax isn't wroth it, save yoursel some money, how about a new yacht?

vator, saleem and D-rock like this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

My bad lol CF dooo be enjoying narratives though.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

That's a nice long rant, seemed a little unnecessary directed at me as I'm not a Tilman fan (I don't care either way who owns the team for the most part) and I'm not "rooting for saving money." it just seems like a LOT of "fans" have nothing positive at all to say about the team and mire themselves in cycles of aggression, negativity and blame throwing. Then they complain that nobody wants to come here without a hint of irony, seemingly never noticing that a fanbase who does nothing but **** on the players is just as likely to be off putting to players as any thing else. Fans here hate on the team more than any rival fans I've seen, it's crazy as ****.

Rileydog, HTXSportsAddict and 7uche like this.
  4. DonatelloLimestone

DIdn't mean to direct it to you at all. We're all fans and I'd like to think we all are here for the rocckets and just have different versions of it. The tilman only fans cheering on moves that imo only help tilman are peculiar, but maybe they just believe teh best bet to win is follow tilman's lead, shutu p and listen. I laugh at the idea of anyone seeing his book and believing it, but it sold I'm sure adn there are people out there that respond to tilman's motto of :Everyone wants to be led, I like to lead.

think nothing positive to say is just the internet man, its a cespool for slapstick over reactions and bullshit. Granted lets be honest we just spetn a season with not one meaningful g ame, at the bottom of hte laughingstock league after spending years thinking we can compete and the trajectory and moves changed with one person moving us into prepetual tax savings while ALSO tellng us otherwise. It aint the way I do business, but apparently some people love it.

I don't find myeslf less of a fan that I rooted for for 30 yers when I felt harden should adjust, mda should adjust, or moey could do better and maybe les needs to pay the tax more than once, I certainly don't feel less of a fan when a dude lies about what happen and feeling he could do better.

Its like at a game if I'm booing, or whatever else. I think the hyperbole or demadning of being positive when were just evealuating our moves and sadly the moves of the last 3 years are really laughable, even more so when an owner tries to rebrand it as gong all in

and then at teh same time I have no issue saying Stone has done a phenomenal job with late pickings in bringing in Tate, KMJ, KPJ, Wood and eveen Kelly was a pleasant surprise and I'm going to credit Silas for puttng him to be in a better position to contribute more than he ever has.

Then to add to boot we have a lot of picks starting with the no 2. I think we can do great and I'm optimistic of our franchise

As you mentioned Iv'e never seen fans not really s on players like this but also shill for the owner.
    As mentioned people here pretend like Ariza is a joke adn even say chris paul is a joke for saying he was our 'glue guy' as if such a thing ever existed.

Can you imagine if they were in milwaueke when they traded a first rounder for tucker? or he continued to score 0 points and played close to 40 mintues? We'd be saying hes not worth it on here or a lot of fans logic on here is hes not worth the money. I don't see anyone in milwaukee ttying to save Larsy money. Furthermore they would've piled on Giannis for winning the mvp and then getting swept last year so easily in the semis, they'd say that guy ain't guaranteeing a finals so its not worth going into the tax let alone maxxing a 30 year old holiday who isn't a stat stuffer
    but some people on here just want to win IF we do it economically and on a budget..its almost like they don't see the pattern of nba economics wher ethe moeny is just growign and the par to spend isn't Ill only do it if its a good deal. I geuss we can at least say texas treats our billionaires real nice.L ow expectations, and then deflect any criticism

Its like people calling out when harden was slow on d, Russ taking bad shots, or MDA not adjusting...its fair, its not too mcuh negativtity those were good criticisms...yet boy, don't tell em that of the guy who simple is sitting there and enjoying the finances, they'll get very, very sensitive about it. ITs very cute and endearing if you work in Landry's front office to see. who knew mid level mediocre food restaurants would breed such ferverous cultist support

I just see myself as an objective fan. I'm rooting for houston, always will, and always have before any of the current actors in place were. I also am a paying customer and I don't need some rebranding that everything is rosy when its not, I'd rather take it straight up, see the bullshit, and still hope for the best. It doesnt overwhelm me to the least and none of these tilman only fans change how excited I am for the rockets, its just more amusing to see them shill for a guy who would price them out of ever being able to watch the rockets if the market allowed, they'd say its just business, these guys would defend em. So not saying you are one of hte defenders, just amusing to watch taht bootlikin mentality here in texas. I almost wonder when les pandered towards china, it must be the type we drew bc you know, Chairman Xi can't do any wrong its all for the btterment of the country;)

Rileydog, saleem and Dobbizzle like this.
  5. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Just bought another authentic Yao throwback on eBay.

Red/Silver (already own the White/Red)

I sure do miss that guy.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

His dad was scared he might run into the Boogeyman

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

The smart guards know that they need skilled bigs to take next step.

KPjr. will learn it too. Hopefully not too late.

jch1911 and groovemachine like this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

So lets get them smart good guards first, then the big men to complete the puzzle...

10. 7uche

7uche Member

Agreed. We have the 2nd pick and two other firsts in the most stacked draft in a while and people are being stupidly pessimistic.

We all don’t like Tillman but I ain't tryna hear about him 24/7. It’s getting tiring, you can’t talk Rockets basketball on here without it turning into a gloom and doom fest.

Dobbizzle and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Evan Mobley - the "generational" big man avoided one of the hallowed halls of big men in NBA history here with the Houston Rockets. Let that sink in before you blame it on the staff here. Whether it was his daddy or just the kid not wanting all that pressure everyone HERE should be out on that guy. If his heart is not into it - screw him.

13. MystikArkitect

If only the Rockets had one of those.

Denovo and D-rock like this.
  14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Smart guards might know they need a big man, but I'd say trying to put it on the guard when it's the big man who doesn't want to be here is a little bit of a stretch. KPJ isn't avoiding Mobley, Mobley and his Dad are avoiding the Rockets. The fact that people still want us to draft him despite that is idiotic. You think that kid would stay here if we did? I'd draft Barnes before Mobley at this point.

saleem likes this.
  15. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Cavs fans will be on suicide watch if SGA isn’t included.

D-rock likes this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He disrespected the Rockets. I won't forget that. Cleveland is a crappy franchise. I don't like Tilman at all, but it's stupid not to work because of KPJ. He is showing rapid improvement and even maturity in Houston.

Stone can see that. Mobley and his dad can take their diva act elsewhere.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mobley not the only top prospect that avoided Houston.

Let THAT sink in.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Steph Curry refused to work out for GSW.

GSW picked him anyway.

How did that love affair turn out?

ALWAYS take the highest upside player, especially if that upside could be generational.

Only our FO is stupid enough to pass on the BEST talent for financial or emotional reasons.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That doesn't mean that Mobley was right not to come here. Ditto for Suggs. Even Cade was afraid his number 1 status would be affected. That's just silly stuff.

My gut feeling is that Stone isn't sold on Mobley, Green, Suggs or even Cade. I think he wants an established star instead. I believe that there is a chance that the 2nd pick will be traded. I think that will be a mistake , but I won't be surprised if that happens. I respect you D-rock, I know you want the best for the Rockets, so do I.

BigM and D-rock like this.
  20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Mobley wasn't coming here. Maybe in a few years but not for a while. I think Mobley knew what Houston does to their big men. They put them in the Gleague and allow them to develop a couple years. Whether it be an NBA body or just improve their skill set. If Houston had drafted Mobley, he would probably have spent two years on the Vipers having to develop his body. The other teams would probably just let him play and compete for that rookie of the year.