1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Cant wait till we trade up to 1 only to pick Green anyways :p

D-rock, cheke64, vator and 4 others like this.
  2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I don’t mind it either but I do think it was a dumb comment. I don’t fault him, I said a lot of dumb **** at that age. I’m glad that he feels like he should go number 1. I guess it’s not so much that he said it it’s how the piston fans are receiving it lol. They’re really out here acting like anyone would rather live in Detroit than Houston. It’s just kinda funny.

D-rock, Salvy and Jalen Green OnlyFan like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I hope Green does become the no 1 pick lol

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Kinda? Its flat out comical... Its in all honesty a trash state and even more trash city... I hope I never have to set foot in Michigan or Detroit ever.... With that said, I understand Green wants to be the 1st pick and even saying some incredibly stupid things but I won't hold it against him. If Detroit fans think anyone in their right mind would want to live there that was not born there and has no ties there, well I'm not surprised. The state and city is fing crazy and absolutely upside down.

With that said, Detroit did not do anything special to be the #1 pick. They aren't this magical dream come true of a city, or franchise location. Lakers, New York yeah but Detroit hell nah... These guys are young, are totally overlooking many many things just for this one thing they really want. But if Detroit has the balls to draft Green and pass on Cade, I would love to see it happen.

hakeem94 and tmoney1101 like this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I've always heard the Upper Peninsula is very nice.

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

Sure looks very nice, but I'm not talking about attractions or weather... I'm talking about the hell hole of the poorly ran city and state... Just how dangerous Detroit is.

7. j@amc

j@amc Member

If Green has a great career, he'll have a sound bite saying, "Well, I wanted to be in your city and you passed on me." The Piston fans might roll their eyes today because they are getting what they think they want in Cade Cunningham. But Green (and Mobley) look like they could well surpass him.

Will Cunningham's game will translate to the NBA?

I think bigger, more athletic defenders will be able to match him step for step. He will have to work exceptionally hard to break out to the top of the league. And I haven't seen anything from his time at OK State that suggests he's got that willingness to grind. When undersized NCAA defenders from LIberty and Oregon State defenders got into him, it looked to me like he was saving himself and avoiding contract (maybe stepping back to protect his future NBA career). I can only wonder if the early Detroit workout might be the first sign of buyer's remorse.

8. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I want him to live in Detroit too because that means they gifted us Cade :D

D-rock and raining threes like this.
  9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’m at the point now where I think I might actually prefer Green over Cade. Cade will be a better player right away, but Green’s upside is extraordinary. I guess I’d probably still take Cade, but man it’s close, and I damn sure wouldn’t give up much to move up.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Rockets don't have to give up jack, zip, nada... That's the beauty of this draft, there is a Cade and a Green.... For the top two teams its one or the other, Detroit would most likely love for Rockets to throw a bunch of picks and maybe even a good player their way while ending up with Green.. But it should never happen. If they want Green that bad, pick him... They have 0 leverage, literally none. They have a choice between two awesome prospects, problem is passing on Cade is so stupid and could come back to haunt them....Passing on Green, the same..... They have nothing but their pick, we have ours and we should be happy with either.... With that said, I believe Green will be better than Cade.....

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

After all the smack yall talked about Mobley and Suggs the last few days, where is your God now?

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stone and TF are just sharp like that.

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

We will draft Green, he will pan out better than Cade, and you will be laughed at for being an annoying Green hater

hakeem94, xtruroyaltyx and Salvy like this.
  14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Have you heard me talk about Cade?

Amel likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Next season starting lineup?

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so god would have said he's doesn't wanna be #1?

tmoney1101 and Salvy like this.
  19. CXbby

CXbby Member

I don't think anyone would have thought twice if that's all he said. But it wasn't, was it?

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

where do you expect the #1 to live anyway?