1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Tilman want Green just to make money?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by futilman, Jul 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. DonatelloLimestone

Bro, honestly I came to CF as mentioned of over 3 decades with the Rockets. Definitely attached to this team and seen so many moving pieces I get that an owner or manager or star isn't difinitive of it, unless your name is Hakeem F'n Olajuwon(thanks for the no 2 pick dream, you always deliver)

I don't find my sensory overloads with criticism or discussing how we ended an entire season without one meaningful game? I don't know if its the snowflake safe space mentality of the new generation i'm dealing with here, sucks to happen in texas, but yea I'm here to discuss my team after a year o the bars and teh half time beers not having that community, but if the mentality here is kiss the owners boots and don't question, basically shut up and listen, yea I definitely would seem myself out. Some posters here are AMAZING, i learn a lot, get perspectives, amazing fans. Some people really seem to buy in to the shut up and listen mentality. Seems to be a division or transfer for a new age or culture/mentality of rockets fans

I'd happily see myself out and hopefulyl get read to do this in person with actual rockets fans, not just ownership fans if thats the case. Set a poll, 'll delete my account just for you bud.

whethere I'm here or not, Its go Rockets...If harden is hurting the rockets, he can kick rocks...so can tilman
    Rockets above all, yes,even over saving money for one dude...smh cant imagine bucks fans and warriors fans jumping loops talking about owner should've saved money or screaming Tucker had 0 points, he aint going to help to a title...but boy im sure the real fans of the actual team are loving it and not counting the ownerships profit margins this year

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. Xopher

Xopher Member

"this is not supposed to be a Green vs. Mobley thread." Proceeds to write 6 paragraphs about Green vs. Mobley.

Omihall23, topfive, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Futil.

Man.

lakersuck2, clos4life and KingCheetah like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Jalen Green has a TS% of 61.3%...as an 18 yr old playing vs grown ass men in the GLeague who happen to be former NCAA bigshots with a small chance to be fringe players in the NBA. He also shot 36% from 3 using NBA 3 pt range on 5 attempts a game.

Mobley shot 30% from college 3 pt line on 1.2 attempts a night. He shot 62.4% TS which is record breaking but it is vs mostly unathletic college boys who have 0 chance to make it in the NBA.

When it comes efficiency Jalen Green has been more efficient than Mobley when you take into account the better competition he faced. So if you saying Morey would prefer Mobley because he is more efficient....bruh when's the last time Morey drafted a 7 fter? Morey based his entire offense on 3s and fts but he'd prefer the 30% 3 pt shooter over the 36%. He'd prefer 69% ft shooter over the 83% ft shooter. LMAO yeah right.

Mr.Scary, 7uche, Omihall23 and 4 others like this.
  5. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Tilman would never jepordize the team's success due to money? Lol, the thought is asinine.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Tilman literally admitted in a national media interview that he wanted Paul gone. He demanded that Morey trade him because CP3 had the "worst contract in the league."

Yet some of you refuse to believe that Tilman was the one who greenlit that trade.

#87 topfive, Jul 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    FrontRunner, Poonwalker, BigM and 2 others like this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

Maybe Mobley doesn't enjoy eating at Landry's.
    [​IMG]

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Irresepectve of Green's individual merits which are not insignificant, my experience from reading posters on the internets there is a significant fraction of people who aren't willing/able to differentuate between flashy individual play and the contributions made to winning games.

I think it is more charitable to put Tilman in that camp. Its the same mindset that thought trading for Westbrick would make the Rockets better because Westbrick had more triple doubles than Chris Paul - it seems pretty obvious to me that someone at the top in the org really confabulated Westbrook's individual stats with winning, and the neophyte dilettante who is in charge seems like the most obvious candidate.

Tilman seems like the guy who would get the five guys with the best individual highlighs on a team and think that means most wins.

To paraphrase Arthur C Clarke, "never attribute to malace (or crass cynicism) that which can be explained by incompitence".

I believe that Tilman genuinely believed that Westbrook would make this team better than Paul, and he believes that getting the guy with more flashy highlight video dunks means he is chosing the guy who helps the Rockets more. Whennwe talk abouy how much Tilman disliked Paul's contract, that dislike is a function of cost/performance. If he was averaging a literal 90ppg and was an annual lock for MVP, Tilman would have had a much better outlook on that contract.

None of this is a personal indictment of Green, who is a very fine scorer. Its important to not conflate the player with the hyperbolic fanboys. And i'm sure more than a few of those fanboys will look at his PPG next year, and compare it with Mobley's and use that as the basis of their "proof" that Green was the right choice. You can lead a horse to water...

#89 Ottomaton, Jul 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

What person with working tastebuds WANTS to eat at Landry's????

RasaqBoi, YOLO and i3artow i3aller like this.
  11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

They own Morton's though...and I will say that among my favorite steaks I've ever enjoyed was their Cajun ribeye.

mikenm268, conquistador#11 and D-rock like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I admit, I do enjoy Morton's on occasion.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

What does Lil Nas X aka Mobley like to eat ?

14. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Of Course Tilman is a businessman, its all about the money!

15. DonatelloLimestone

He doesn't seem to want to sell the quality of the food

"But Fertitta takes pride in the neologism, seeing it as a testament to his obsession with quality control. “All my haters love to say, ‘Oh, his food sucks’ or whatever. But we’re consistent. The hot food’s hot, the cold food’s cold, the music’s right, the property’s clean. You don’t have burned-out lights, you don’t have cigarettes by the front door, you don’t have trash in the parking lots. You know what you’re going to get.”"

he didn't create Mortons, he bougth it over...just like mcmormisk seafood. So he'll landrize it...just lke the rockets?

D-rock likes this.
  16. 7uche

7uche Member

Everyone in the league thought CP3 had the worst contract in the league. Even most people on here

mikenm268 likes this.
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

NBA is an entertainment business....and Jalen Green entertains.

I have no problem with that

18. DonatelloLimestone

Not really. Look at holiday, look at middleton. IF you get in the nba to make money on the margins or if fans are hoping for some sort of Budget win, you can leave that in the 90s
    the money is growing
    the players have more power and leverage than anyone else in the way the nba is run, thats only going to grow and get worse, if you don't like the nba econoimcs. Euroleague has some great hoops I can interest you in.

People responded to slapstick mentality of one bad year, no patience. Thats just the facts we do that every year heck welcome to the internet feuled no doubt by sensation espn. They need a story, they need changes and they direct most of the fans discourse.

ITs a case for not respondng so fast

Did milwaukee say we ain't going all in bc Giannis chocked in his nba year and they got kicked in the semis last year as a one seed?
    people here would say this team ain't winning, too many glaring flaws, don't go all in on the tax here?

They'd say the same for them going in and maxing holiday, or mostly probably for tucker talking about his percentages and points not being worth while and he isn't going to 'guarantee' a title with his 0 point leadership...but hey, here we are.

Same iwth OKc fans. I do wonder if after harden did terrible in the finals and him playing a 6th man role they were screaming don't pay the tax for this guy! spoiled lazy and unfocused cant perform on the biggest stage, so they saved money...begining the first domino for breaking up a team that would include 3 mvps along with an ultimate role guy in ibaka.

Wonder after their losses or falling short they'd have a few Clay Bennet only fans saying don't spend clay, these guys don't have 'it'
    they learned the hard way and had to pay crazy tax anyways

we gotta stop looking at this as teh best we can get on a budget, we gotta stop rooting for owners profits over the team. ITs hard to underestand, they will get tehres

and now here we are and I have NO issue with tilman making his money on green. This is your chance tilman, go get your money on green, market teh hell out of him, make your money on the jerseys, enjoy the fruit of the nba...just F'n pay when the window comes up and if you're going to talk big, back it up or get the hell out of the kitchen if you can't handle the nba heat.

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

20. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

THIS!!