1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Espns draft preview special is on espn2 right now about to talk about the number 2 pick and jalen.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

He wants to live in whatever city has the number 1 pick. That’s all that needs to be read into that comment.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

No one wants to be a Rocket now, at least as their 1st choice.

Sad AF.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

his hs coach said Houston is the best spot for him since it’s closer to California.

Two Sandwiches and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj: They’re waiting for official word that Detroit is taking Cade Cunningham. I think Detroit is getting there but they haven’t fully gotten there yet. Certainly Jalen Green has been prominent in their conversations in Houston. They are enamored with him. They are listening to teams. They have not received anything yet that’s blown them away. This is a draft where it’s virtually impossible to trade into the top 3 and probably top 4. As these guys have alluded to, there’s three legitimate number one picks. Houston will keep listening up until the draft tomorrow night. Right now, Jalen Green is in the forefront of their conversations. They’ve looked hard at Evan Mobley. They’ve looked hard at Jalen Suggs.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Man, you are talented AF!

Funny too!

8. tmoney1101

I agree but I still don’t think it’s a smart thing to say when there’s a high probability he’ll be in Houston next season. That quote isn’t going to make the difference on Detroit drafting him 1 and Houston is taking a lot of heat on social media right now even though anyone with half a brain knows that Houston is a vastly superior city not even in the same ballpark.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

THREE legitimate number 1 picks.

Why are Rockets even wasting time looking hard at Suggs if staying at 2nd overall?

Rockets are transparent and they are fooling no one.

Green is the pick.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Basically if theres a shocking moment, it won't be bad. Its either Green or Cade. Were in great position regardless what Detroit does and im getting drunk and celebrating like we won the championship no matter what.

No one wants to live in Detroit. Its all about being #1 and getting that #1 rookie contract. Its nothing personal against Houston. It was also probably a say everything right answer to a Detroit based media members question. The retweet is from a Detroit fan with a YouTube channel.

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Clicked the link and saw its a GQ interview but it shows its just about him wanting to be #1 and he wants to live in Detroit only bc they have #1.

"He’d write down goals on yellow sticky notes on his door and cross them off when he accomplished them. Before leaving that Walnut Creek apartment and relocating to LA, the only one left read, “Be the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft.”

Number one pick,” he tells me, “that would be a dream come true. I ain't going to lie. That happens, I'm going to have a breakdown,” he laughs. And, naturally, he has preference in mind. “I want to live in Detroit.” He feels that spot is important to his journey, a reward for his endurance"

He feels that spot is a reward- spot as in #1 pick, not Detroit per se

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The last thing anybody should care about is social media heat. He’s been saying he wants to be the #1 pick for months, this is a different way of saying it. When Detroit drafts Cade and the Rockets draft Green, he’s going to say all the right things about Houston and how he has a chip on his shoulder, etc, etc. None of it means that much.

13. Dash

Dash Member

Jalen Green's favorite color is red, it is meant to be

14. tmoney1101

Once again I agree with you but it’s a dumb thing to say when it’s almost a certainty you’ll be playing in another city. Saying you want to live in Detroit isn’t changing anyone’s mind. I don’t think anyone really cares it’s just little annoying more than anything. On the other hand Detroit fans don’t really ever have much to feel good about so I guess I don’t really mind them feeling themselves. It’s just funny watching them puff their chests out acting like anyone in their right mind would want to live in Detroit over Houston. There’s probably 100 citys in between the 2 as far as where anyone would want to live.

hakeem94, D-rock and BigM like this.
  15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Right. But we all know what he means by that comment. We can ignore the other chatter by the morons.

HTXSportsAddict and tmoney1101 like this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I like how much of a sociopath he's become trying to be the #1. I like that mentality.

17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

He definitely has a strong competitive edge that's for sure. If he does bust, I very much doubt it's through lack of effort at the very least.

HTXSportsAddict and cheke64 like this.
  18. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and Fulgore like this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

He's 19, I highly doubt that when he said that he took in the slightest consideration of what living in Detroit actually is like. I don't really mind the comment that much, Houston is looking for what's best for them and they have put out there interest in trading up.... Both parties can consider other prospects before marriage...

HTXSportsAddict and tmoney1101 like this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Green -750 now.