1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You are way too enamored with the color of their skin.
    Winston will get another shot. Also, you’re way overblowing his “talent”. There’s a difference between bulk numbers and efficiency. There’s no way Hill is starting over him, but from a purely athletic standpoint Hill is a far superior athlete. Winston is a million times better thrower of the ball.
    Wentz is getting another shot with the coach he had an MVP type season.

primtim24 likes this.
  2. HardenVolumeOne

pff and chris simms are saying they would make taysom hill the starter over winston

jameis winston by his age 25 season had the second most td's in league history and most passing yards in league history

the nfl cant just come out and blackball winston like they did warren moon. We are in a new age, but they will prevent him from seeing the field and accumulating more passing yardage. Winston by his age 26 season had around 19k passing yards and averaged 274.4 passing yards per game( which was the 4th highest in nfl history). Winstons career comp to this point in his career is similar to that of hall of famer fran tarkenton

it seems like with winston and now with watson, the nfl elite will only tolerate black qbs if they are talented runners. Once Deshaun watson led the nfl in passing yards he became on their **** list. They will tolerate mahomes, dak, and wilson because the nfl execs can see themselves in them in the way they market themselves and they can always use outdated racist talking point alluding that such and such gets their ability to read defenses from their white half. The NFL is racist bottomline, too many examples

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Ok man. I don’t even know what to say to this. You have your opinions.

Im willing to bet Hill isn’t full time starter though.

primtim24, IBTL and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Also stats don’t tell the whole story for Winston. Yes he’s put up gaudy numbers, but both good and bad gaudy numbers

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  5. HardenVolumeOne

Here are 3 games that winston lost in his career due to bad defense, poor oline, back kickers, and ZERO RUNNINGGAME

i could easily list 10 more games that winston had no help. These losses he had in his career felt almost scripted. He was set up to fail

edit: lol of course the nfl wont let me copy their videos here

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

• This is some of the DUMBEST **** I've ever READ on CF. NFL sees 2 colors now: GREEN and CHROME. If you can make the Owners and the League money and WIN a Superbowl...they don't care what color you are.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

We just have different opinions on Winston. I do think he’s a talented passer. Stupid decision maker

8. HardenVolumeOne

winston was academically accepted into stanford.

Jameis was a threat as soon as he became the 2nd rookie to throw for 4,000 and became the first 2 year player to throw for 4,000 in back to back years. Winston was accumulating too many passing yards at too young of an age. The league is basically "sitting him" to fix the pace. Otherwise he would have have seen his name up their with the all-timers in both passing td's and passing yards by the time he was 36( and remember winston AVERAGED 274.4 passing yards per game in his bucs career). The NFL wouldnt feel comfortable with that. They are basically putting out the fire before it starts.. similar to deshaun now, the nfl is a powerful entity they can create any fabricated story, pay off women to takedown any athlete in the nfl they want down.

Lamar Jackson and Vick are the type of qbs the nfl wants qbs like watson and winston to play like or else

#2588 HardenVolumeOne, Jul 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You don’t have to be a dummy to make stupid decisions. I don’t think Winston is dumb at all. But he’s a terrible decision maker on the field.

10. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

I’ve heard Jameis started a new diet this year of strictly W’s and crab legs.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

No doubt racism exists but it is weird in an unsettling way when people reach for the race card.

It's lessens true examples of racism and creates this weird tension that didnt exist. Racism is worse.. but claiming it when not - is racist itself AND pathetic

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

even worse is when it's racist for this one guy, but not for the other, who just so happens to be the same race.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Xopher

Xopher Member

IF (and it is a big IF) there is going to be a trade I believe it will happen soon. The Texans don't want Watson in camp and a new team will want to have him at their camp as early as possible

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I agree. With Howard asking for a trade from Miami, I wonder if they’re a likely spot.

Xopher likes this.
  16. mario_v

mario_v Member

17. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

In a league where the top - 4 highest paid QB's are black (Mahomes, Prescott, Watson, Wilson) you're trying to tell me the owners only tolerate black QBs. Terrible take. This isn't the 70's; Black QBs are more than just tolerated.

ability to read defenses from their white half? What are you actually talking about???

HTXSportsAddict, Xopher and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Xopher

Xopher Member

Exactly. Let's see Aaron Rodgers has started for 13 seasons. Winston started for 5. Rodgers 88 interceptions and 35 fumbles lost. Winston 89 interceptions and 23 fumbles lost. I don't care how many yards you throw for if you turn the ball over all the damn time.

20. a time to chill

He'll be traded within a week. It's going to be a bad trade for us too where we won't get much in return. I think the Texans are just eager to get rid of Watson.

IBTL likes this.