1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

What fanfare? I made one thread on him and once we saw him play in the nba I never mentioned him again. I can’t help that idiots want to bring it up every time I have an opinion contrary to theirs.

Edwards puts up empty points just like Green likely will. Lamelo and Haliburton are far better.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Evan Mobley makes very few mistakes on the basketball court. He seldom is out of position or makes an improper read. He has been extremely well coached. His father is a basketball coach and he has been mentored by his older brother who is a D-1 player.

Green and his G-League brethren ran almost no structured offense (or defense) and Green was lost on reading screens (or using them) and had issues with switching.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

You may not respect my take but I know you do respect Tjarks, Bijani, etc.

ballplayer and OkayAyeReloaded like this.
  4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Jalen Green already seen in Tillman Fertitta’s plane…

5. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Goosebumps…. wow!

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Sounds like Green has the higher upside.

Doesn’t even know basketball…just out there running around and he’s a consensus top 3 pick.

Nice.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Hope yall keep hyping Mobley up when J Geen wins rookie of the year....

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  8. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Listened to the podcast. Come on, man. The Big Board is a reflection of the quality of prospect. I haven't actually minded most of your (many) posts defending Mobley and raising concerns over Green. But this is a really poor denial. It's like Schmitz said the sky is blue and your response is "but sometimes blue means green so he really meant the sky is green". By the way, I'd say the same about folks who are bashing Mobley for being soft. Both great prospects, let's just not make assertions that don't make sense.

Deuce, D-rock and peleincubus like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Your flip flopping ass needs a nap.

10. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree LaMelo is better (let's see if the shooting splits keep up next year), but Edwards isn't a total bust.

And yes, I'm very proud of you for quickly giving up on the notion that Marcus Morris is not the next coming of Carmelo Anthony, congrats.

My point isn't that you are bad at evaluating players. My point is that beating your chest like you're an expert while you have egg on your face is...certainly a choice.

I think the anti-Green and anti-Mobley folks are really getting themselves into a bad state mentally going into this season. Both very good prospects with some concerns that may make them not live up to their full potential. This is a top 4 draft that is strong (though Suggs is a distant 4th to me).

11. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I'll be a 100% Green supporter when and if he's drafted by us, but am very worried if Tillman is the one driving this choice. We should do whatever is opposite of Tillman's preference ;)

D-rock and peleincubus like this.
  12. Salvy

Salvy Member

When you say flip-flop what do you mean exactly?

Verbal Christ likes this.
  13. Chamillionaire

They're both great prospects. Almost everyone likes both and would be happy with either. All this back and forth seems like waste of energy. No one really knows who's better or who's going to be better. Too many variables that goes into determining that. Most GMs and scouts don't even know so chances of any of us knowing is slim to none.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Egg on my face doesn’t last 15 years.

And I’m not in a bad state, I said in this thread, I’m Green Gang! I’ll be rooting for him. Hope he proves me wrong on everything, just like Morris. I’ll take egg on my face for another 15 years if Green turns into a franchise player, that would be great.

D-rock, Verbal Christ and hakeem94 like this.
  15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Completely true, I think the history of 2nd picks being busts has emotions high.

D-rock, Chamillionaire and Kim like this.
  16. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Honestly jalen green has much more tilmanisms than harden ever did. It’ll be a perfect fit with fertitta lifestyle.

Green has worked too hard to not come up BIG when you need playoff success.

17. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

This was the best Mobley case I've seen so far, thanks for sharing.

I may counter with other points with bigs like Marvin Bagley who also had Bosh comps from some and JJJ who were very high picks in the draft who never fulfilled thier potential among others.

Still think Green has lower bust potential than Mobley, but the draft is never an exact science so anyone of them may be the best down the road. It may be the best draft since 03 or just hype, we'll see.

Dobbizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Salvy

Salvy Member

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

In the last ten games of the season Edwards put up 26/6/4 on 51.4 FG%/38.5 3P%. Maybe you prematurely called him a bust. Also, at the same time you were exalting Marcus Morris you crapped all over Kawhi Leonard. Maybe you aren't the basketball Nostradamus you think you are.

20. CXbby

CXbby Member

He has very high bbiq and it shows up in two stats.

1. One of the highest assist rates for a big man in the last decade.

2. One of the highest block to fouls ratio in the last decade.

It means he is reading the defense on offense and picking it apart, and playing defense without making mistakes/gambling on blocks. I heard that he was an avid chess player which gave me an early impression that he was smart, these attributes show how he plays the game of basketball like a chess match.