1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

CP3 is 6’0 180 and an all defensive team caliber player, it’s all about IQ and aggression

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Get this a lot?

Sucks to be you then.

hakeem94 and platypus like this.
  3. platypus

platypus Member

No credible scout or sports writer has listed Green’s height as a concern. I actually haven’t even seen fans on r/nba_draft or r/rockets complain about this either.

The only person I’ve seen moaning about Green’s height is the same guy who thought Marcus Morris was our next franchise player

4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Next thing you know Mobley fans are gonna be screaming to measure their d!ck sizes. sheesh

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Are the Suggs and Mobley guys becoming best friends? Like in Step Brothers? Bonding in their equal hate of Jalen Green? That’s pretty cool!

[​IMG]

hakeem94, Bo6, tmoney1101 and 2 others like this.
  7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

As well he should be. To join a caliber franchise such as the Rockets would be the dream of a lifetime.

For him to acknowledge that speaks volumes to me. Sounds like a class act.

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Because Houston is picking Green?

I mean you have up check your ears if you doing think Suggs sounds like more of a leader than Green in his interviews. But then again Lamelo sounds like an absolute dumbass yet will turned out pretty good so I won’t hold that against Green.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's possible to grow from 17.5 to 19. But, yeah, who knows. None of us can know his height for sure.

How tall is Bradley Beal without shoes? What was his height at 17? I bet he's the same height or shorter.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

calm down. Take a deep breath. You don’t need to defend every comment to the death. I’m thinking you’re having a blast just blurting out the opposite of most pro scouting reports in a last shake of your fist.

At least Green doesn’t need a handler. He can speak for himself and I found a genuine person answering questions and not an insecure and scared dude like Suggs or Mobley and whoever is making his decisions for him.

I could even argue Joel Ayayi was more impactful for Gonzaga than Suggs was. Maybe we should draft Joel Ayayi at 2.

11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

So it turns out your claim to fame isn't the Lowry thing, but is in fact you evaluating Marcus Morris as a franchise player? Safe to say that "your track record speaks for itself" and your opinion is highly suspect. Classic.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Ja Morant is 6'3 and 175 lbs, he ended Curry and his chickens.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

When they asked Suggs the same question he had to call his agent. When they asked Mobley he just looked over at his Dad.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

I figured when you are throwing insults at me that I could get a word in, if you don’t want me to respond then don’t at me.

Poor defense and playmaking are deficiencies that most of your pro scouts say about him, I’m not making that up. I just see little way he can improve it due to physical limitations and low bbiq(something most his fans share).

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

gotcha. Too many videos lol. Yours was from 5 months ago. The other one was from 2 years ago?

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

INB4 Tilman deducts from his rookie contract to pay for this flight

hakeem94, D-rock and Htown Legend like this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

I don’t trust the Rockets drafting players with colors for last names.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  18. CXbby

CXbby Member

Indeed too many, not even sure which one is the other one you were talking about. My point of it all was that Green is a bit undersized, which I think most would agree? One inch is not going to make a difference. He’s not 6’6. Probably, hopefully not 6’3. Somewhere between there on a small frame.

hakeem94 and JayZ750 like this.
  19. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Now I know you have a biased argument. You are literally arguing over half an inch. If you want to favor another player, go ahead, but don’t reach trying to say he’s too short when the guy that we loved watching and worshiping for the last 8 years was never listed over 6’5”. And based on your argument, you’re literally saying Green could be 6’4.5” !!???

Different games, and build (I know!), but I can’t stand hate on a player just because you prefer someone else. I prefer Cade, but I’m not going out of my way to crap on Green. He’s a very strong prospect. Don’t get so caught up in loving another player that you hate anyone who’s not him.

Every analyst who loves someone else starts with “he could lead the league in scoring… BUT”. I’m over it, give me the guy who can lead the league in scoring, and quit acting like he’s fool’s gold. Green has shown more than enough to prove that he can be great on the next level.

Again, I would much rather have Cade, but stop throwing out hate because he’s not YOUR guy.

#2819 T FOR 3!!!, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  20. quaczar

quaczar Member

Sorry if it's already been posted. Is there a link to his entire interview from today?