1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Olympics 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HTM, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

ClutchFans is so lucky to have Biles' therapist here to give us the lowdown.

gatsby, ico4498, DaDakota and 2 others like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

she needs Ted Lasso’s sports therapist

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

She’s obviously already dominated an olympics before so the stage isn’t new for her. Things can manifest for many reasons and unfortunately for her it happened now. Looks like she’s still planning on doing the individual stuff so it’ll be interesting to see what happens with that.

VooDooPope, Yung-T and DaDakota like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

its really sad. I dont know what happened, but it felt like in past Olympics I knew everyone competing. I stopped watching Swimming this year because I only recognized the black girl from Sugarland and that boring Ledecky girl and no one else.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok, now that sounds typical of the modern athletes - she almost gets injured, says screw the team stuff, I have my brand to worry about - and bails on the team but does the individual stuff to still get her GOAT on....

Now it is all making a lot more sense.

DD

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

So is Simone injured or not?

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Her body language was really weird when she was talking to the coach -- very animated.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don’t think that’s it. Still remains to be seen if she competes going forward.

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't been able to follow what's happening with Simone Biles but if her head or her body isn't all there it might not be that bad of a thing or a matter of selfishness to pull out. Think of it like WAR (Wins Above Replacement). Obviously a healthy Biles is going to have a very high WAR over the backup but given how tight this competition is a Biles that steps out of bounds and misses techniques for whatever reason isn't going to have a high WAR.

Only her and the coach can make that call but if they feel that she's not up to it they still have a capable backup in Chiles who while not the GOAT might not be a liability.

VooDooPope likes this.
  12. SuraGotMadHops

Unless she's physically injured or has a crisis at home, this comes off weak as hell, and it's embarrassing for the country. It looks to me like she's performing poorly and just quit instead of persevering like a true champ.

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Yikes guys, the undisputed GOAT may not be a true champ!

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The Biles situation is odd, but the only things I really was going to watch in this Olympics were the track & field sprints and the sprint relays. Those are going to be awesome. Kind of sucks Sha'Carri screwed up, but it should still be great men's and women's events.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This will tarnish her reputation as the greatest female gymnast ever.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This will be a blemish on her record but I doubt it will make much of a difference. Even if she never competes again she's already got the greatest record.

Yung-T and VooDooPope like this.
  18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

She's still the GOAT and I hope she recovers mentally and physically.

She felt like she couldn't perform at a level the team needed and her head wasn't right. good for her to recognize and step aside and give another athlete a chance to compete.

If she competed and sucked, and then it came out she felt like she needed to step away but didn't, then some of you would really be all over her. Lose/Lose against the internet warriors.

Yung-T, JunkyardDwg and ElPigto like this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

For world medals she does. Not Olympic medals.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

She put her teammates in a bad spot with this format. The team was built around her to supplement specific scores and not have her challenged in events from an American.
    It’s a bad situation, but being rattled and not finishing is a big no no in this sport.