1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets stonewalled: no individual workout w/ Mobley nor Suggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Ok.

IF Stone and Silas were to view Mobley as a foundational piece to the rebuild then of course there shouldn't be any meddling from anyone on the team. Not just KPJ.

Too bad that KPJ will hate playing with Green since it will be such a downgrade from Mobley and it will lead to a 10 year revolving door rebuild. Darnit. IF only Green was such a lock like Evan "My Daddy speaks for me" Mobley.

:rolleyes:

edit: /s

JusBleezy likes this.
  2. daytripper

daytripper Member

I think so too. Detroit's roster is full of talented forwards (Grant, Bey, Stewart, Jackson) and a PG (Killian Hayes) they really like and just drafted last year. Green would fit like a glove but don't believe the Pistons/ Weaver want to take the PR hit of passing on the supposed consensus #1 player.

JusBleezy and D-rock like this.
  3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

KPJ had a 50/11 performance at age 19. After he took sole possession of PG duties he performed quite well and showcased his court vision. I see KPJ as our future pg. That being said, I don’t care who he thinks should be the pick. I do think when you have 3 players that are so close in potential as Cade, Green, and Mobley it is ok to look at fit and how adding someone will affect the development of your other young talent. If you consider fit then it’s Cade, Mobley, Green in that order.

D-rock likes this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Unless the Rockets are locked in on a player (pick or trade) and it's an open secret in draft circles.

No offense, but Detroit wouldn't rock my boat unless I were from the Midwest. Even then, not so much.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

[​IMG]

JusBleezy likes this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

It’s all based on IFs…not sure why you jumping to these conclusions. See the report is that Mobley’s father and or agent kept him from working out for us. There’s also the guess that maybe KPJ is pushing for Green due to not liking Mobley. If both are true, then I’d still pick Mobley and hope Stone is not dumb enough to consider KPJ’s feelings. That’s all I’m saying.

D-rock likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if you see KPJ as the future PG then you get him a scorer he can pass to

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I don’t understand how that’s on the Rockets brass?

If anything, I would do everything in MY power to command the attention of the top 3 teams in the draft, if that’s the value I see myself as.

Who has Mobley worked with so far? We know Cade worked out for Detroit and won’t workout with anyone else because he believes he’ll be #1 overall… that can’t be on the Rockets either.

Green worked out for the Rockets yesterday but that’s really all we’ve heard of, besides him spending a couple days in Detroit.

Who are these players working out for? I really haven’t seen many names attached to many specific teams (top 4 overall).

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Having good parents, and I've met this man personally, should not be considered a negative.

19-20 year olds with adult guidance used to be a positive until Lavar Ball.

Eric Mobley is as far removed from Lavar Ball as you can get.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mobley worked out for Detroit and Cleveland.

But he has spoken highly and enthusiastically of Raptors, Cavs, Pistons and wait for it ....... the Rockets.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Mobley and Green are California

Cade is Dallas

Suggs is Minny

D-rock likes this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Maybe the Rockets asked him to keep his workout private as a draft move do to trade talks? We'll see what happens, if we pick him or trade down it may be possible. If we really are all about Green and truly never worked out Mobley then we just suck for not doing basic preperation

D-rock likes this.
  13. 19bernardo87

19bernardo87 Member

"Met with" doesn't really sound like the same thing as "worked out for". Could have been a Zoom meeting for all we know.

> Jalen Suggs shares he has not spoken to or worked out with the Houston Rockets.

JusBleezy, D-rock and saleem like this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Mobley doesn't even want to play for Detroit. Detroit wouldn't have worked out Green if they weren't interested in him.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or a positionless player that can be secondary playmaker when he is doubled AND improve rebounding AND hide your HUGE deficiencies on defense.

Offense is not Porter or Wood's problem, they score just fine.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mobley at least met with Detroit.

Workouts are just 1 of many tools anyway, fans place too much emphasis on it.

“(Workouts) are a piece of the puzzle. It’s about the body of work — eyes, ears and numbers. We’ll look at the numbers, believe our eyes and do our intelligence. The workout is just another piece of the puzzle. It’s not weighted at all. We’re not drafting a player off a workout." Troy Weaver, Pistons GM

#416 D-rock, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  17. vince

vince Member

I’m inclined to go after Mobley over Green. Optics wise, I know how important it is to have a strong front court. Mobley oozes talent and it looks like he isn’t even trying.

If they go after Green, I’m sure I’ll like him too; but Mobley is quite fascinating a prospect.

Rashmon and D-rock like this.
  18. txtodd

txtodd Member

Five days before he turned 21 actually but you got the stats right.

D-rock likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This is fcking insane

mikenm268 and D-rock like this.
  20. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I heard he didn’t. EDIT: My comment was in response to you saying he worked out for them, before you edited your post.

D-rock likes this.