1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets stonewalled: no individual workout w/ Mobley nor Suggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 25, 2021.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

See but what you not understanding is that its also about other things too. This is entertainment. So if you can get a guy to do both at this unique spot we in after 2 mega stars left, you get that guy. Ima straight shooter. Butts gotta be put in seats during a fresh rebuild too. You might not wanna hear that, but I work in the realm of reality

2. raining threes

Doubtful this is on KPJ. Doubtful Stone takes KPJ's opinions into account before making the pick.

KPJ just thinks he and Green will become a championship backcourt.. Hope he's right.

FLASH21 and Dobbizzle like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

You work in realm of stupidity.

You get butts in seats by winning.

Scoring a ton of points without winning does not put any butts in seats.

Think of a young offensive team like MIN with scorers everywhere - KAT, Russell, Ant.

#383 D-rock, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    BigggReddd likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Mobley allegedly doesn't want to work out for the Pistons either. KPJ doesn't play for them.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Sure, at least you admit you're just making **** up to confirm your biases I guess.

8. VoR

VoR Member

I’m starting to think Detroit wanted Green all along and they’re just trying to see what they can get off of the Rockets. They see an opportunity to have their cake and eat it too. If I were Houston FO, I’d offer them their own pick back and nothing else, maybe House.

Cade and KPJ offer some flexibility on point as both can play both guard positions. Being able to rotate Wood through at point center would make a very difficult offense to defend. Green is limited at playing point but that gives KPJ more comfort to stick with one role. Rockets are in a win win situation with either player. Green is more athletic, Cade is more mature. Both will be all stars.

Green looks excited to provide for his family and could very well marry his current girlfriend. He seems stoned a lot, but I think he’s just chill. I’m starting to get some Mahomes vibes from him, which is a big up.

csnerd84 likes this.
  9. JW86

JW86 Member

Well, seems there's more to this story then initially thought. I'd still pick Mobley, if they believe he's the best player, since it's obvious it's meddling by others. Unless the Rockets feel it might be a Kawhi uncle type situation. Don't care if he's unhappy at the podium. And if Porter doesn't like it, he can get the hell out.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

How is there “more” to the story? He won’t workout for Detroit, either. Marshmallow soft.

JusBleezy likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm curious why so many people here assume that KPJ will be our future star and keep talking about how the pick may fit with him as if the team is supposed to be built around him.

I don't get it. Other than some flashes of brilliance, what has he done in his short NBA career that warrant such a high expectation? The guy has a long history of off court issues, and those things aren't easy to fix because they are deeply rooted in a person's background. It's like a bomb that can go off any time. I like his game, and hope upon hope that he will overcome his demons. But man, am I extremely cautious about pinning the team's future on him.

fattz, Richie_Rich, durvasa and 2 others like this.
  12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

So we just skipped the part where I said both entertainment and winning with green. Ok lmao.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So you are riding with an unproven/untested Evan Mobley Day 1 over KPJ????? Wow.

JusBleezy likes this.
  14. JW86

JW86 Member

If he’s pissy about us picking who we think is the best player then yes.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You're entitled to your opinion. FWIW Porter and Stone were having lunch just last week and I'd bet judging by Stones comments afterwards that they view him as a major piece to the rebuild. Who says KPJ wouldnt want Mobley on the team? His preference is obviously Green, but the guy has been a consummate pro since his arrival. He has tangible data in the league to draw from, and you would give the benefit of the doubt to some entitled kid who hasnt played a minute in the NBA? Just odd to me, but again that is your right to feel like that, hopefully KPJ will start to bring around the doubters and cynical fans next year.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wrong scenario.

Silas and Stone decides who plays for the Rockets, not Porter.

And that's okay, Porter needs to concentrate on being best PG he can be, THAT'S his job.

Let the GM and HC do THEIR job, like adding the very best most unique players who fit in system, both offensively and defensively - who will help team get back to championship contention.

Porter will love playing with Mobley, so will Wood, Mobley will help Rockets win again. And sooner.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

LMAO

This Rockets organization is truly F'ed up.

Only able to meet with ONE of the top 5 prospects.

And holding the 2nd overall pick.

PATHETIC

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Big ditto.

Easy likes this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rafa "no stone unturned" el