1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 Trade Targets?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by htownbball, May 18, 2021.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The trade deadline is Friday at 3pm CST though.

2. conquistador#11

Give me your expensive rental stars! Take anyone you want except The Lion & The Lee.
    Scherzer, Kimbrel and his eccentric yoga poses, Bryant, Morton, Trea! Errrybody.
    Let's go:
    [​IMG]

HTXSportsAddict and mikol13 like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I don't see the Astros adding Bryant and Contreras.... but just for fun, imagine a line up of....

Altuve
    Bregman
    Brantley
    Bryant
    Alvarez
    Correa
    Tucker
    Gurriel
    Contreras

The bottom of that line up is arguably as good as the top of the line up. Talk about a line up that just never lets up..........

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The Astros have have been one of the highest rated farm systems for pitching prospects until Javier, Garcia, and Urquidy graduated (and might still be, but too many guys are hurt for me to have a good feel). The Astros having good young pitching should not be a surprise even if some of the names aren't the ones that were expected. Pitchers get hurt more frequently than position players, and as such farms heavily dependent on pitchers will get dinged. Straw and McCormick may be better than they were given credit for, but I still prefer guys like Tucker, Bregman, and Alvarez by a mile.

Following what is expected from the farm and what has happened, Garcia is the only really big shift I've seen as some guys have exceeded expectations and others have not (e.g., Whitley, Toro).

I'm surprised Leon wasn't rated higher, and I expect he will remain under-rated as he won't be in minors long enough for scouts to change their minds. I see Leon as potentially like Garcia in that him panning out would greatly outweigh any busts. Catchers are hard to project, and as such I have a hard time saying if one is over or under rated.

5. Bregatron

Bregatron Member

You could have fun with that lineup. You could bat them in order by position one day, then bat them in alphabetical order the next day. There would be no difference.

6. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Jeff Luhnow ain’t walkin through that door

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's still unfathomable that the best GM in baseball over the last decade has pretty much been cancelled from the MLB and he was from all account, the least complicit of everyone involved. Crazy AF

8. The Beard

Fully agree, it really makes me wonder if he wasn’t MUCH more involved in the whole thing than what was told to the public. Cause out of everyone involved he is the ONE person that no one wants any part of

In any case, here’s to hoping Click can get the job done the next few days

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'd love to add a few of these arms:

Kimbrel, Richard Rodriguez, Daniel Bard, Ian Kennedy, Mychal Givens, Paul Fry

I may even pick up the phone on Starling Marte as a rental and put him in CF. Straw to utility.

10. raining threes

Quoted for truth

11. raining threes

That's how much the MLB establishment wanted him out of baseball. He was changing the way business was done and the blue bloods had to do something. He was costing them money. The media carried out MLB's wishes.

He's the only guy that was implicated that hasn't gotten a job again, other than Beltran and I expect Beltran to get another job.

Plus the evidence that Luhnow knew was weak at best. Like the guy with MLB said, Luhnow was the target of the investigation and they were going to dig until they found something.

The fact that Luhnow had to take Crane to court to get his money speaks volumes.

12. raining threes

Give me Turner and Kennedy and I will be happy.

Scherezer is a dream.

13. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Alex Cora feels that he is less complicit.

14. The Beard

I'm only in on Turner if we are signing him to an extension. With him having another year of control we aint likely getting him without moving Leon or Lee or one of the young mlb starters, and i'm out on that if it's just for this year and next

raining threes likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. Milos

Milos Member

Anybody have any frame of reference on what Cubs, Braves would be looking for in return?

I believe all 3 are expiring, and expensive rentals, so I'd assume none of the established, cheap, talented arms would be on the table (Framber, Javier, Luis, Urquidy)

On the farm, I'd assume only Leon & Lee would be considered untouchable ( and maybe Whitley although who would want him at this point )

#796 Milos, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Welcome to Houston, Texas Max! The home of "tax adjustments" for the ultra rich!

Htown Legend likes this.
  18. Mattician

Mattician Member

Oh come on. Please no more major players going to the NL West. Specifically the Dodgers.

19. awc713

awc713 Member

I could see Whitley as the centerpiece for a rental player. Higher upside than that which rentals usually fetch, and probably similar downside.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  20. The Beard

Whitley for Charlie Fn Morton and a pen arm

Get it done